Posted in the Ford Explorer Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
L Lopez

Toronto, Canada

#1 Feb 8, 2008
Hi everyone,

This maybe off-topic but does anyone have experience with a COSTCO / Price Club car batteries? I think the brand name is KIRKLAND. Is it good, reliable? Is it worth it?

I think the cost is half the price of a Ford battery. Warranty is 3 years full/100% replacement I am looking to replace my almosy 5 year old Ford battery for my Explorer

My battery voltage is now going down to about 11.4 volts with just the radio on and engine off. When I say battery voltage, I mean connection to a voltmeter is at the battery posts using gauge 8 wires.

At idle, with fan at minimum speed/heater on, headlights on, it is about 11.5-12.5 volts.

At cruising speed, hmmmm maybe about 12.8 volts. then voltage slowly goes down to about 11.5V at stop lights.

I just had the alternator replaced hmm about 6 months ago. So I dont think it is the alternator
bob

Portland, OR

#2 Sep 10, 2009
This site is really bad
I was looking for prices on costco car batteries by size.

The voltage at the battery should be 14.2 on a voltmeter when car is running with most everything off.
WoodinVa

United States

#3 Jan 19, 2010
Ford Battery & Auto Zone Battery & Sears Battery made by the same company & it is a HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT,

CONSUMER REPORTS Gives its Highest rating every year to this company & their products & Generally the Sears Platinum beats them all.

Last year the Kirklamd products were #3 rated behind the Sears and the Duralast (from Auto-Zone)
Steve

Smiths Falls, Canada

#4 Jun 1, 2010
Why when I simply ask for a battery price ,do I end up with everything else but what I am looking for ? P O'd with this site.
Common sense

Broomfield, CO

#5 Sep 27, 2010
Dude go to CostCo web site yourself and get the price lazy!!!!!!!

Why when I simply ask for a battery price ,do I end up with everything else but what I am looking for ? P O'd with this site.
Secret

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Nov 15, 2010
I just bought and installed mine on my 2009 Toyota.
I paid $59.00 plus $9.00 for core charge of which you get refunded when you return your old battery.
Most batteries are made by a few manufactures so I sm assuming the quality is good along with Costco reputation for carrying good products.
COSTCO Auto battery guide

Charleston, SC

#7 Dec 1, 2010
The link below will take you to the site that queries battery selection guide for COSTCO. It is for the 'Kirkland Signature' brand that I'm about to buy now.
If you have any questions as to how my COSTCO battery guide was drop me an email at [email protected]

I'm getting a battery for a 2000 BMW 328i sedan which is the E46 2.8L model.

Good luck in your search.

Chris

http://www.autobatteries.com/brands/kirkland....
Good God

Seattle, WA

#8 Dec 29, 2010
Common sense wrote:
Dude go to CostCo web site yourself and get the price lazy!!!!!!!
Costco doesn't post their battery prices on their website smartass.
Angel

Blue Springs, MO

#9 Jun 2, 2011
Steve wrote:
Hi Steve, Why don't you just pick up the phone and give Costco a call, Might be a little faster.
Fending for the poster

Elmhurst, IL

#10 Jul 8, 2011
You guys are a bunch of jag-offs. Give the guy a break and just answer his question. Forums are here to help people. If you don't like the question than don't answer it, pricks.
BTDT

Watsonville, CA

#11 Jul 26, 2011
I'm not Steve, but I just tried this, and Costco will not give out prices over the phone. The guy told me I had to come in if I wanted to see the price. I've heard it is about $20 cheaper than other batteries, though.
Angel wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Steve, Why don't you just pick up the phone and give Costco a call, Might be a little faster.
Jerry

Los Angeles, CA

#12 Oct 29, 2011
Costco batteries are made by Johnston Control..Excellent batteries. Equalor better than any other brand..Great replacement and guaranee..The best
Rae

San Diego, CA

#13 Jun 5, 2012
Good God wrote:
<quoted text>
Better to be a smart one than a dumb one!
minetti

Martinez, CA

#14 Jun 23, 2012
Good God wrote:
<quoted text>
That is right!!!
Brandon

Fargo, ND

#15 Jul 11, 2012
ok ill simplify this i went to wal-mart, O-Reilies, Auto Zone, and Car Quest. And they all wanted over $85 for the battery that I needed but costco wanted like $75 with a $9 core charge. So to answer your question, yes, Costco batteries are alot cheaper then any other batteries that I was able to find. Also I replaced it with one I had bought from them before that lasted about 2 years with no problem so I totally recommend Costco for batteries.
Jorg

San Pablo, CA

#16 Jan 11, 2013
Sure,like you should drive ever where to get some prices.
Adam

Glendale, AZ

#18 Sep 14, 2013
The reason you don't just get a simple answer to your simple question is lots of companies pay people to blog/promote their products. If you hear anyone say that Sears is the place to go, than they are probable a paid blogger or a complete fool! Costco batteries, from the last I checked, were $73 ish to $96 ish group defendant.
optimusa4

Skokie, IL

#19 Oct 13, 2013
The first red flag to your statement is any reference to CR.

Their reviews are shit, will continue to be shit, and until they stop getting kickbacks from vendors, anyone using their "recommendations" are just misinformed sheep.
WoodinVa wrote:
Ford Battery & Auto Zone Battery & Sears Battery made by the same company & it is a HIGH QUALITY PRODUCT,
CONSUMER REPORTS Gives its Highest rating every year to this company & their products & Generally the Sears Platinum beats them all.
Last year the Kirklamd products were #3 rated behind the Sears and the Duralast (from Auto-Zone)
CGordon

Hayward, CA

#20 Oct 15, 2013
optimusa4 wrote:
The first red flag to your statement is any reference to CR.
Their reviews are shit, will continue to be shit, and until they stop getting kickbacks from vendors, anyone using their "recommendations" are just misinformed sheep.
<quoted text>
For Your Information: CR definitely does NOT get or otherwise accept any kickbacks form vendors or anyone else. They BUY the products they test. Their tests are quite thorough as well as unbiased. Which is why I have relied upon their recommendations for nearly 50 years and will continue to do so. Flippant, unsubstantiated comments like yours are worth...well, nothing.
A bunch of patsy boys

Perris, CA

#21 Nov 4, 2013
Jeez guys don't forget to buy a box of cotex sounds like your all on your period, do you need crackers with your wine!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
headlights and dash board of my 2002 ford explorer 15 hr brandy 1
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Tue steve bick1 394
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) Jul 22 HMommyz32 781
Autolock feature / Door keypad code (Feb '06) Jul 21 Sara 441
96-v8-5.0L-AWD explorer will not start!! Fuel ... (Mar '08) Jul 20 claptic 81
Poor gas mileage 2005 ford explorer (Jan '11) Jul 20 TomK 23
2002 Ford explorer wont start (Jan '10) Jul 15 Top dog 49
More from around the web