cory

Stillwater, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 27, 2007

i just purchased a used mercury marinar and i dont have the five digit key pad code where can i find it in the vehicle

Since: Sep 07

Ridgeland, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2007

joe wrote:
Would anyone have any information regarding the location of the keypad code number for the keyless entry for a 1997 Explorer?
we looked everywhere for out unlock code for our 97 ford explorer we found it in the jack compartment in the rear where the washer fluid goes if u are facing it it is on the right on a metal box wrote in big numbers 5 of them hope it works
dennisj0329

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2007

Judged:

kevin wrote:
how do you reset the keyless entry code
This is copied directly from the owners manual. Hope this helps.

To program your own code:
1. Enter factory set code (keypad will illuminate when pressed).
seconds of step 1.
3. Enter your personal 5 digit code.
Enter each digit within five seconds
of previous one.
Do not set a code that includes five
of the same number or presents
them in sequential order. Thieves
can easily figure out these types of codes.
Your personal code does not replace the permanent code that the
dealership gave you. You can use either code to unlock your vehicle. If a
second personal code is entered, the module will erase it in favor of the
new code.
If you wish to erase your personal code, use the following instructions:
1. Enter factory set code.
2. Press 1/2 control within five
seconds of step one.
3. Press 7/8 control and 9/0 control
at the same time within five seconds
of step 2.
The system will now only respond
to the factory set code.

Unlocking the doors with the keyless entry system
To unlock the driver door, enter either the factory set code or the personal code (each digit must be pressed within five seconds of the
prior digit). The interior lamps will also illuminate.

To unlock all doors, enter the factory set code or personal code (driver door unlocks) and press the 3/4 control within five seconds.
Activating/deactivating autolock with the keyless entry system
Before following the activation or deactivation procedures, make sure that the anti-theft system (if equipped) is not armed, ignition is off, and
all vehicle doors and liftgate window are closed.
1. Enter 5 digit entry code
2. Press and hold 7/8 control
3. Press and release 3/4 control while holding 7/8 control
4. Release 7/8 control.
The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short
and one long chirp) if autolock was activated.
To re-activate autolock, repeat steps 14.
Controls and features
Gary

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

I would not go there I would visit http://where-is-the-ford-keypad-instructions.... first
Gary

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

Paul wrote:
Can anyone help me find the factory entry code for my keyless pad on my 2004 F150?
Thanks
Paul

Go to http://where-is-the-ford-keypad-instructions.... to get the information on your vehicle...its real easy and fast to figure out.
Gary

Augusta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 3, 2007

joe wrote:
Would anyone have any information regarding the location of the keypad code number for the keyless entry for a 1997 Explorer?
Check a website I found at http://where-is-the-ford-keypad-instructions.... this looked like a good start to get the codes.
2004 Ford F-150

Princeton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2007

Anyone know where the key code location is. I know on my 2004 Explorer it's behind the back passenger seat right below the seat belt. Not positive on the 2004 F-150.
lucas

West Hamlin, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2007

There is a label on a box that is located within the tire jack compartment. Twist the two tabs to remove the compartment cover. The 5 digit code will be located on a little box (mine was white) that has wires connected to it. The code is printed on a white sticker. It is very hard to see, you will most likely need a flashlight and a mirror. The code is printed on the bottom right side of the sticker (agaisnt the side of the pannel)
Jim

Red Lodge, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2007

how about the module location for a 01 F150?
Josh

Columbia, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2007

I just bought a 2000 Ford Explorer XLT, with the keyless entry on the door panels, can anyone tell my how i get the factory code without going to the dealership, is there anywere in the truck its located.?
Thanks Josh
JIM ROYALTY

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2007

HEY,MY PERFECT MOTHER-N-LAW BOUGHT A USED EXPLORER AND THE REMOTE PROGRAMMING TIP (EIGHT TIMES KEY ON AND OFF,PUSH REMOTE)AND CODE FOR TOUCH PAD (LOCATED DS JACK COVER PRINTED ON MODULE COVER)WAS RITE ON THE MONEY AND MADE IT EASY.
kidnv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

where can i find the factry code for a 2000 explorer
kidnv

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2007

i need the factery code for a 2000 explorer???
lol

Waterbury, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2007

it is in the tire jack
blah

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

alright, i 1996 Ford explorer. and i can not find the computer moduale anywhere. if it under the vehicle? is it inside the car under the rear seats? they are saying something about taking the jack storage compartment off? i have a little plastic yellow thing that holds my jack, behind my rear seats. i've look everywhere in that damn think, i can find it. someone please give me a pointer or two.
James

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

i am having a problem with door locks everytime i close the doors the door locks keep opening rapidly and wont stop unless i disconnect the battery does any one have any idea what the problem could be
thanks james
James

Detroit, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2007

blah wrote:
alright, i 1996 Ford explorer. and i can not find the computer moduale anywhere. if it under the vehicle? is it inside the car under the rear seats? they are saying something about taking the jack storage compartment off? i have a little plastic yellow thing that holds my jack, behind my rear seats. i've look everywhere in that damn think, i can find it. someone please give me a pointer or two.
the computer is located underneath the hood on the passenger side and bolts in the the fire wall it is very easy to locate..
blah

Jerseyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2007

ahhh, i found it. im an idiot, i was lookin the totally wrong spot. thanks though
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 5, 2007

i found the code behind the jack opening on a computer box. The sticker had a bunch of information that was barely visible but in the middle of the sticker towards the right was a bold 5 digit code (the only one i could see) I've tried it and it doesn't do anything. It's a 99. Any thoughts or suggestions? I bought the vehicle used and it didn't come with a owners manual so i got one on ebay used. On the road side assistance card it has a key code as 9085X. I know it won't work on my vehicle but how is "x" even a factor??
jason

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 6, 2007

i need to find the code for a f150 2003 harley-pick up. can any one help me keyless door

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of467
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Ford Explorer Forum right now

Search the Ford Explorer Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ball joint replacement cost (May '06) 3 hr mykeymyke 198
98 Explorer Driver door lock mechanism (Aug '07) 22 hr Alex 10
2002 ford explorer (Feb '13) Wed Mark 2
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) Apr 14 Chris 616
Door ajar light Apr 11 Mike A 1
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Apr 6 joanie 319
'98 Explorer Changing Spark plugs on the Passen... (Jun '06) Apr 4 Randy 7
•••

Buy a New Car