ford explorer keypad code location

Since: Jun 07

United States

#61 Jul 22, 2007
ALLAN C wrote:
WHERE CAN I FIND THE DOOR CODE ON MY 2000 FORD EXPLORER JUST BOUGHT IT AND LOCKED MYSELF OUT....LOL
There a person on Ebay ( items-on-sale ), he has all the codes. Go to Ebay.com item # 150143589062

Since: Jun 07

United States

#62 Jul 22, 2007
Paul wrote:
Can anyone help me find the factory entry code for my keyless pad on my 2004 F150?
Thanks
Paul
There a person on Ebay ( items-on-sale ), he has all the codes. Go to Ebay.com item # 150143602901
jason PA

United States

#63 Aug 2, 2007
where do i find the keyless entry code for a 2003 ford explorer ??? please email me !!! [email protected]
ROSCO

Tlaquepaque, Mexico

#64 Aug 11, 2007
lenny wrote:
i got a 1995 ford explorer limited an i am trying to find the code for the key pad but i canot fin it in the book talk about a computer module were is that blocated
Hi, i had the same problem. I have a 1995 ford explorer sport, but i think this can help you. In the Jack stowage area (in the back part of the truck. Page 347 in owner guide) there is a gray box a little hidden. In that box there is a five digit number, with a little of patience you will see that number that is dificult to see clearly.
Grumpy Old Fart

Kissimmee, FL

#65 Aug 20, 2007
Location of keypad code on 2000 Eddie Baur Explorer

[img]http://www.fixyourford.co m/repairs/key_code_tools.jpg[/ img]

if you have the dental mirror, you may be able to use it to view the code. I found that it was easier to see
the label by using the 7mm wrench to remove the bolt and jockey the box to see the label containing the code.

[img]http://www.fixyourford.co m/repairs/tire_jack_compartmen t.jpg[/img]

There is a label on a box that is located within the tire jack compartment. Twist the two tabs to remove the compartment
cover.

[img]http://www.fixyourford.co m/repairs/box.jpg[/img]

Figure 3 shows the location of the box that has the label on it that you need to read. At this point, if you are using
the dental mirror tool, you may maneuver into the space pointed to by the yellow arrow to look at the label.
The code will be in big digits (typically 5 digits) on the label (see Figure 7 below for general location of the digits
on the label).

[img]http://www.fixyourford.co m/repairs/code.jpg[/img]
kevin

Uxbridge, MA

#66 Aug 22, 2007
how do you reset the keyless entry code
Will

Texas City, TX

#67 Sep 1, 2007
I have a 2007 Explorer.....the code is not behind the plastic right side or around the jack.....does anybody of any other ideas besides going to the dealer and hooking up to a computer?
Mark McIntyre

Raleigh, NC

#68 Sep 2, 2007
I have a 2002 Ford Explorer with the keypad but I dont know the code,where in my truck can I find that code
summerkgw

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#69 Sep 6, 2007
When you I put the plastic cover back on, it doesnt' seem to be popped in place correctly..any tips on that? thanks!
Daryl wrote:
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT and I just found my security code after I did a search and found this forum. The Bosch computer module was behind the lower plastic panel on the passenger side rear panel right below the seat belt height adjuster. No tools were needed and it took me all of 5 minutes. Thanks very much to the people that contribute to this forum....Cheers
Dennis

Virginia Beach, VA

#70 Sep 13, 2007
davidbathie wrote:
I have 2001 ford explorer sport(NOT SPORT TRAC)-I can not find the code.There is no module in my jack compartment.My truck was made in april of 2001,did they change location of the computer module late in the production year? Local Ford dealer here on Long Island NY wants $100.00 to get code w/computer.-HELP
David, Did you ever find the keypad code on your 2001 Expedition XLT? I have the same problem and can't get a clear answer. Please email me at [email protected]
Many Thanks!
chris

AOL

#71 Sep 14, 2007
Got a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Can't find hidden keypad code. Can anyone tell me where to look?
Thanks!

Since: Sep 07

Ft. Collins, CO

#72 Sep 14, 2007
what about on a 2005 XLT explorer
tomkats69

Paducah, KY

#73 Sep 16, 2007
I purchased a 04 F150 Can anyone help me locate the door keypad # code????
tomkats69

Paducah, KY

#74 Sep 16, 2007
Help cant locate door keypad #s anyone know where to look???
Gary

Dillon, SC

#75 Sep 19, 2007
tomkats69 wrote:
Go to EBay and get the information from a seller named: ssshr or e-mail him at [email protected] for the information on ALL for keypad locations. This is how I got mine for my Expedition
Gary

Dillon, SC

#76 Sep 19, 2007
tomkats69 wrote:
Go to EBay and search for item number 180160590785 for the directions.
DMGR

Brooklyn, NY

#77 Sep 24, 2007
Daniel wrote:
Is there a way to disconnect the keypad so it no longer works?
Acutally i just did this myself to prevent, oh lets call them "busy hands" from taking things that dont belong to them.
What you do is take off the door panel on the inside (i have 2002 ford explorer) of the door with the keypad, and leading from where the keypad is you should see a wire that goes into one of those couplers that you can pull apart and disconnect, you know, one of those plastic things that hook one set of wires to another
you just disconnect it and bam, keypad disabled, and the keyless entry clicker still works fine, as does the alarm
i hope this helps, it took me a while to think of!
bob

Fisherville, KY

#78 Sep 25, 2007
I have a 2002 ford explorer and I have found what appears to be the factory code, I need to reset the keypad to type in the code and set a new one. It would be nice to have but I refuse to pay $87.00 to have it reset @ the dealership!!!!!!

HELP_BOB
Adrian Ngo

Newport News, VA

#79 Sep 26, 2007
bob wrote:
I have a 2002 ford explorer and I have found what appears to be the factory code, I need to reset the keypad to type in the code and set a new one. It would be nice to have but I refuse to pay $87.00 to have it reset @ the dealership!!!!!!
HELP_BOB
hey man,i have the same truck.where did you find your code?
Adrian Ngo

Newport News, VA

#80 Sep 26, 2007
hey man i have the same truck.where did you find your code?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) 7 hr Red red red 789
2004 Explorer Clicking noise as wheels turn... (May '07) Sun fred 45
Ball joint replacement cost (May '06) Aug 24 Jay rock 216
Change a Rear Oil Seal on a Ford Inline 6 4.9L Aug 22 Andybaby 1
Tire sensor default Aug 13 Alex 123 1
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Aug 8 leo 396
Remove the Inside Axle Nut on a Ford Focus Aug 3 Andybaby 1
More from around the web