ford explorer keypad code location
Paul

Cleveland, TX

#41 Apr 1, 2007
Can anyone help me find the factory entry code for my keyless pad on my 2004 F150?
Thanks
Paul
Jamie McNeil

St. John's, Canada

#42 Apr 12, 2007
Ok guys, took a few websites but there was a simple way to find the hidden keypad code. Pop of the defrost panel which is at the windshield(for those who don't know, its the place where air comes out for your windsheild), this will pop out fairly easy. Go outside with a flashlight on the passenger side and look into the vehicle thought the windsheild. You will see the module through a square hole. The code is a 5 digit number, can't miss it, to the right side on the module. This is for a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2Dr...
Kevin

San Jose, CA

#43 Apr 20, 2007
Just got a 2006 Ford Explorer and was hoping someone new where the code might be
Michael Morgan

Loganville, GA

#44 Apr 26, 2007
Does anyone know where the key pad code for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2DR is located?
Thanks
Mike
expo drvr

Dallas, TX

#45 May 6, 2007
does anyone know where is the keypad code for a 99 ford expedition located
Nick

Western Springs, IL

#46 May 10, 2007
Where do I find the key code foe a 1996 eddie baur ford explorer I lost my primary key
Daryl

Bronx, NY

#47 May 15, 2007
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT and I just found my security code after I did a search and found this forum. The Bosch computer module was behind the lower plastic panel on the passenger side rear panel right below the seat belt height adjuster. No tools were needed and it took me all of 5 minutes. Thanks very much to the people that contribute to this forum....Cheers
Mike

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#48 May 16, 2007
Got a 07 XLT which is stalling for no apparent reason. Tokk it to the dealer on 3 occasions and the "can't duplicate the problem". On one occasion I got 2 blocks from the dealer and it stalled. No codes are coming up. Any suggestions?
will

Hiseville, KY

#49 May 16, 2007
tammy wrote:
I need to find out where the keypad code is located in my ford explorer 1995 Eddie Bauer. Can anyone help? email me if u can tcameau@ gmail.com
go 2 the cargo area of ur vehicle.2 the left there is a removoble panel.take a flashlight and shine it n there.its a little ways up but look 4 5 digits
Daniel

Englewood, CO

#50 May 23, 2007
Is there a way to disconnect the keypad so it no longer works?
Anthony

Louisville, OH

#51 May 26, 2007
I just bought an 05 explorer and the wallet card is missing, anyone know location of computer to retrieve the factory code
Ray

Palm Bay, FL

#52 May 27, 2007
Paul wrote:
Can anyone help me find the factory entry code for my keyless pad on my 2004 F150?
Thanks
Paul
Did u ever find out where the code is, i have the same problem
dmdmdm

Chicago, IL

#53 May 30, 2007
karen wrote:
i need the location of the keypad code for a 1996 explore. any body know where to find it?
I have same vehicle. As stated on other posts, it is in your jack compartment (over your left rear tire). I found mine on a sticker on the side of the computer module. It was hard to see, I had to pull the plastic out and use a flashlight but the 5 digit number was pretty big. Good Luck
dmdmdm

Chicago, IL

#54 May 30, 2007
I have same vehicle. As stated on other posts, it is in your jack compartment (over your left rear tire). I found mine on a sticker on the side of the computer module. It was hard to see, I had to pull the plastic out and use a flashlight but the 5 digit number was pretty big. Good Luck
mark

Linden, NJ

#55 Jun 3, 2007
joe wrote:
Would anyone have any information regarding the location of the keypad code number for the keyless entry for a 1997 Explorer?
hi joe
remove the panel where the jack and lug wrench is
look to the right there is a rectangular control box (i forget what they call it)remove the mounting screws there 9/32 wrench or socket theres a 5 digit number on a sticker thats it
good luck mark
Doug

Meadville, PA

#56 Jun 30, 2007
Paul wrote:
Thanks
Paul
I called my ford dealership here in town I asked them where I could find the number. They told me it's burried in the dash and that they never pull the dash apart to find. What they do is plug the truck into thier computer and they can pull the number from the truck. I asked about how long it would take to have done and how much it was going to cost. They said it would take less than a half hour and that it was going to cost less than 20 buck to have done. So I'm scheduled to have them do mine on Monday.
Sylvester

Belize City, Belize

#57 Jul 6, 2007
Greetings guys, my problem is i need the keypad factory code for a 2002 ford explorer XLT.
anyone has any pictures. plz email it if u have. [email protected]
will appreciate it greatly
Marv

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#58 Jul 6, 2007
Can anyone help me locate keyless entry code for a 1996 ford explorer xlt?
NewF150Ownner

Halifax, Canada

#59 Jul 8, 2007
Ray wrote:
<quoted text>
Did u ever find out where the code is, i have the same problem
I have the same problem as well...please let me know if you know where to find that code. Thanks.
davidbathie

Richmond Hill, NY

#60 Jul 18, 2007
I have 2001 ford explorer sport(NOT SPORT TRAC)-I can not find the code.There is no module in my jack compartment.My truck was made in april of 2001,did they change location of the computer module late in the production year? Local Ford dealer here on Long Island NY wants $100.00 to get code w/computer.-HELP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) 7 hr Jorge 805
1996 Ford Explorer - Idle Surge (Dec '06) Apr 26 Scott 9
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Apr 21 Sgramer 14 413
02 explorer timing Apr 21 Ron 1
2002 Ford explorer wont start (Jan '10) Apr 20 Linda Lou ohio 60
Poor gas mileage 2005 ford explorer (Jan '11) Apr 19 Brandon 24
Ball joint replacement cost (May '06) Apr 8 Marc 218
More from around the web