ford explorer keypad code location
The Hippie Madam

Bristol, PA

#326 Mar 17, 2011
Kevin wrote:
Just got a 2006 Ford Explorer and was hoping someone new where the code might be
Kevin,
Did you ever find out. I just bought a 2006 EddieBower Ford Explorer and can't find the keycode ANYPLACE. Please help if you've figured it out.
butch

Pemberton, OH

#327 Mar 18, 2011
i just got a 2002 explorer sport trac, dont have the factory code, where can i find the keyless entry code numbers on my explorer sport trac. thank you very much for your [email protected]
rita

Tucumcari, NM

#328 Mar 28, 2011
where do i find the codes to the keypad on the driver door for a 2002 ford explorer sport trac four door small bed
allen

Auburn, AL

#329 Apr 14, 2011
Michael Morgan wrote:
Does anyone know where the key pad code for a 2001 Ford Explorer Sport 2DR is located?
Thanks
Mike
look under defrost panel on the dash on passenger side from out side of truck 5 diget code
lori love

Milford, MI

#330 Apr 15, 2011
i have a 2004 ford xlt i need to find my keyless code can any one help it is not behind the seatbelt in the rear try it

Since: Apr 11

Rancho Mirage, CA

#331 Apr 17, 2011
Most posts I am sure you have seen already are discussing where the keyless pad code is is for the 4 door explorer. My 2 door sport code is actually behind the air-bag passenger side. I just did this procedure so I know it as fact. You cannot see the code by removing the defrost vent as other posts have said. It is also not behind any panel behind the seat or in the jack area. 1) Lower the glove box lid, easily done by depressing the 2 catches on each side of the box. It just flops down. 2) use a #8mm socket to take off the 2 screws holding the bottom of the airbag. This will allow the entire bag to come out. If you can support the bag somehow you don't have to unplug it but I unplugged mine as it is easy to do. 3) remove using #7mm socket the yellowish large plastic module that is right in front of you now. There are 2 screws. On top of this module you will see the code in large numbers. It is all by itself and the largest numbers on the box. You can even lock the doors and try the code out a few times before putting everything back together. 4) write this code down anywhere, everywhere you can. I wrote it in black marker on the back of the flopped down glove box and also on the black plastic panel below the module I just took off. But you can write it on the inside of the fuse panel lid, etc. This is just for future use or even if you sell the Explorer so the next person does not have to go through all of this pain. 5) remember don't be afraid of the airbag. Just handle it with care and you will be fine. Also my Explorer was made January of 2002 as that might matter as to location of code, but honestly I feel many posters on this topic have never actually found it themselves. They are just reposting what they are reading.
angel

United States

#332 Apr 30, 2011
Where can I find my door code cuz I bought 2002 ford explerer n didn't gave me a code
kaz

Woodland Hills, CA

#333 May 2, 2011
It is true that you cannot change the factory code, such as if you want to prevent a previous owner from entering the code. However, the dealer can do it for around $100.
Same situation if you have only one key as I do. It takes 2 keys to program a new key; the dealer has to reset the whole key and code programming for around $125., not counting the cost of new key blanks.(I decided to just go until I lose my key then have it towed to a dealer and bite the bullet $$$.)
kaz

Woodland Hills, CA

#334 May 2, 2011
Good point. I have looked in all of the locations commonly recommended, and never found the code, but I drew the line at handling the air bag. Thanks you for your detailed post.
BTW, I tried every possible combo of 5 numbers over a period of months, and none of them worked, so I was stumped. I read about how static electricity could disable the system so that it had to be repaired, butu I CAN use the keypad to lock it, so I dont think that is MY problem.
Tori

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#335 May 10, 2011
Thanks dude, ur suggestion was the best and easiest to do, really appreciate it
Jamie McNeil wrote:
Ok guys, took a few websites but there was a simple way to find the hidden keypad code. Pop of the defrost panel which is at the windshield(for those who don't know, its the place where air comes out for your windsheild), this will pop out fairly easy. Go outside with a flashlight on the passenger side and look into the vehicle thought the windsheild. You will see the module through a square hole. The code is a 5 digit number, can't miss it, to the right side on the module. This is for a 2002 Ford Explorer Sport 2Dr...
van

Las Vegas, NV

#336 May 31, 2011
im looking for keyless entry code on 2006 explorer can you help
Angie

Houston, TX

#337 Jun 6, 2011
I just bought a 2005 f 150 and it didnt come with the keypad code. I asked the salesman about it and he said to call a ford dealership. I did and they want 150 to hook it up to a computer. I cant afford it. If someone knows where it is located I would really appriciate it. Thank you.
Meee

Canada

#338 Jun 10, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find the 5 digit code on a 2004 Ford Explorer Sport Trac??
martin

United States

#339 Jun 12, 2011
NewF150Ownner wrote:
<quoted text>
I have the same problem as well...please let me know if you know where to find that code. Thanks.
. I found mine behind the back seat on a box you have to remove the seat the box is some kind of power something that's there
danielle

Spring Hill, FL

#340 Jun 25, 2011
i just bought a used 2002 ford explorer eddie bauer edt. 4dr and i cant find this door code anywhere! can someone help me out?
mike

Dade City, FL

#341 Jun 29, 2011
look on the computer jack on the 2000 explorer which is in front of the wheel jack well ( in trunk behind panel) you need to look in the tight space between the computer jack and the interior wall of the trunk. the number will be on a plastic label on the white plastic computer jack....
Rod

Fort Collins, CO

#342 Jun 29, 2011
Can someone tell me where the engine control module (ECM) on a 96 Explorer is located? I was told it was under the hood on passenger side firewall but i dont know what it looks like.
carlos

Paterson, NJ

#343 Jul 4, 2011
do any one know were i can find key pad code for a2003 for exploer xlt
pete

Conway, AR

#344 Jul 4, 2011
have looked in all the spots posted help
musicman

Gaylord, MI

#345 Jul 4, 2011
leo hilliard Ireland wrote:
Hi guys,does any one know how to progam a new remote for my explorer ,1999.
HI I had the same problem here's how to do it make sure the remote has a good battery and get in the vehicle turn the key on-off-on eight times stopping in on position the eight time and door locks will cycle one time then you push the open button on the remote and that should do it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Dec 8 Sjessi1975 422
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) Dec 7 weberdlee 812
2004 ford explorer xlt (Feb '15) Nov 29 Dong 4
Ford Explorer 2005 XLT Throttle body (May '10) Nov 27 Joe 25
02 Explorer Door Ajar light (Jan '08) Nov 26 Steve 12
1997 Explorer 4.0 SOHC ignition problem Nov 26 mak nes 1
Explorer bogs when giving throttle Nov 26 mak nes 2
More from around the web