#223 Jun 2, 2009
where to find factory set code for 2002 ford explorer sport 2-door
email answer
[email protected]
[email protected]
Peter

Berlin, CT

#224 Jun 6, 2009
Would anyone have any information regarding the location of the keypad code number for the keyless entry for a 1996 Explorer XLT?
curtis

Durham, NC

#225 Jun 28, 2009
need my door code numba
chris

United States

#226 Jul 5, 2009
I have a ford Explorer 2005 and i need the code to reset the factory radio. Does anybody have a clue on how or what i need to do to fix this problem? thank you
Karen

Meriden, CT

#227 Jul 9, 2009
Does anyone know where to find the code on a 2004 explorer xlt
K-Biz

Newark, NJ

#228 Jul 9, 2009
2006 Ford Explorer Alarm Code. I haven't seen anyone ask about the alarm code for a 2006. I found the control modual, but I am not sure what the code is. I see 2 number combos, but mixed with letters. Anyone know what this is about?
Ed Jackson NJ

Brooklyn, NY

#229 Jul 31, 2009
Daryl wrote:
I have a 2004 Ford Explorer XLT and I just found my security code after I did a search and found this forum. The Bosch computer module was behind the lower plastic panel on the passenger side rear panel right below the seat belt height adjuster. No tools were needed and it took me all of 5 minutes. Thanks very much to the people that contribute to this forum....Cheers
Note: Its the panel located below where the seat belt exits on rear passengers side seat. The seat that flips up for third vehicles. I did need a long flat screw driver to pry the plastic panel out enough to see the bold white lettering located on the side facing the seat/panel area.
Ed Jackson NJ

Brooklyn, NY

#230 Jul 31, 2009
Note: Its the panel located on the passenger side rear seat. The second row of seats in 3rd row equipped vehicles. I did need a long flat screw driver to pry the panel out enough to see the bold white lettering. The lettering is facing the panel / seat, so you have to pry it out a bit. Have a pen ready.
WarLion

Ticumán, Mexico

#231 Aug 12, 2009
mrsjamied wrote:
<quoted text>
we looked everywhere for out unlock code for our 97 ford explorer we found it in the jack compartment in the rear where the washer fluid goes if u are facing it it is on the right on a metal box wrote in big numbers 5 of them hope it works
dude i love you i find it thanks you
david

Bethlehem, PA

#232 Aug 23, 2009
tammy wrote:
I need to find out where the keypad code is located in my ford explorer 1995 Eddie Bauer. Can anyone help? email me if u can [email protected]
code is located on comp module(white box)inside
back panel where jack is located
Jim

Ketchikan, AK

#233 Aug 31, 2009
I need new keys cut for a 1995 ford explorer I cannot figure out where to find the codes the locksmith keeps asking about to cut neww ones?
Jim

Ketchikan, AK

#234 Aug 31, 2009
I need to find a code other than my manual wich is gone to cut new keys for my 1995 ford explorer
Anibal

Medford, NY

#235 Aug 31, 2009
where to find factory set code for 2002 ford explorer sport trac.?
email answer [email protected] Thanks any one. PLEASE HELP WITH ANY PICTURE.
Ttoy

United States

#236 Sep 2, 2009
I have a 2002 ford explorer xlt w third row seats need the keypad code location send info to [email protected]
Ashley

Council Bluffs, IA

#237 Sep 7, 2009
Scott R wrote:
<quoted text>
if you look in the cargo area of your truck and in the jack compartment (in the cargo area driver's side) Look all the way back on the wheel well.. you'll see a white sticker with 5 bold numbers on it.. that's your code.. also.. a flashlight might be a good idea.
I have a 4 door 98 explorer, my sticker was in the cargo compartment, but it was on a plastic box where the wires go into from the tail lights.
ROBIN

Dewitt, MI

#238 Sep 14, 2009
CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE TO FIND THE FACTORY CODE FOR MY 2000 FORD EXPLORER
William C

United States

#239 Sep 15, 2009
Heather wrote:
I HAVE THE ANSWER FOR ALL OF YOU !!!!!!
Whoever posted the Wikipedia link is a genius. After following all of the hundreds of locations of the posters, I only found it because of Wikipedia. Maybe others were trying to give the location but it wasn't clear enough. If you go to the site, there is instructions on programming a new code, etc.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Keyless_Entry_Keypa...
Keyless Entry Keypad FAQ Ford Explorer
The keypad can be operated with the factory set 5-digit entry code
You can use the keyless entry keypad to
Lock or unlock the doors without using a key.
Open the liftgate window.
Activate or deactivate the autolock feature.
Where the code can be found
This code is located on the owner's wallet card in the glove box
Is available from your authorized dealer via scan code
Is marked on the computer module
Computer Module location
1995 thru 2001 is located in the jack storage compartment in the rear of your Explorer. First remove the panel to the jack storage compartment. Towards the front of this area you should see a metal box this is your auto-lock module(way up front next to your rear left passenger seat). On the back side of this is your 5 digit code factory preset code. It is hard to get to. To see it you will have to loosen, pull, use a flashlight or a mirror but it can be done.
2002 thru 2007 is in the right panel behind the middle row window. It is below the seat belt mechanism. You have to pull out the top plastic panel off, then loosen the lower panel to be able to see the face of the computer module. The code is on a sticker on the face of the module.
** MY CODE WAS UNDER A PIECE OF MASKING TAPE. ONCE I PULLED THAT UP, THERE IT WAS IN ALL IT'S WONDER!!!!!
<quoted text>
(((((HEY THANKS HEATHER I FOUND MINE IN 2 MINUTES))))
jorge

Darby, PA

#240 Sep 17, 2009
I'm trying to get the keypad code to my 2003 ford explorer eddie bauer edition I don't have the owners manual and I would like to know where I can find the code inside the vehicle please help
Brittney

Crown Point, IN

#241 Sep 18, 2009
Ahhh it worked! Ford wanted to charge me $100 for the code! Thanks Ed Jackson!
Jeddy

Alvin, TX

#242 Sep 19, 2009
I just bought a 2007 Ford explorer sport trac, and I don't have the facory door codes. Does anybody have any suggestions on where I can find it on my truck?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Explorer wheel bearing problems Nov 26 Skinut2065 1
2002 Ford explorer wont start (Jan '10) Nov 25 Graciela 56
Autolock feature / Door keypad code (Feb '06) Nov 23 Ashley whidden 443
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) Nov 22 Frostywalker 795
Bill Nov 20 Pjhan 1
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Nov 17 JJAY831 404
od light blinks an trans shifts sloww Nov 11 leeza 1
More from around the web