1994 ford explorer blows fuses to rad...

1994 ford explorer blows fuses to radio and interior lights

Posted in the Ford Explorer Forum

Krissy

Mount Holly, NJ

#1 Jan 20, 2008
We are having trouble the fuse keeps blowing when u shut the driver side door. It pops the interir, after market cd player and courtsey lights. need some help please
dave

United States

#2 Jan 30, 2008
sounds like you may have a pinched wire between the door and the body. there should be a wiring harness that runs through the door, you can see it when the door is open. i would start there
RET

Montclair, CA

#3 Apr 30, 2008
Krissy wrote:
We are having trouble the fuse keeps blowing when u shut the driver side door. It pops the interir, after market cd player and courtsey lights. need some help please
I am now having the same problem. Did you find the problem?
Craig

Allentown, PA

#4 May 6, 2009
Different Problem, I wish I would only blow a fuse, the radio goes to volume fifty (been ripped out), and the interior lights stay on so I have to rip the fuse out, or my battery goes dead. The wiring is a nightmare, I have taken the door apart.... many times. The answer is, rip the fuse out. Trust me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Explorer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
"O/D off" light blinking on dash? please help ... (Sep '06) Fri Sgramer 14 413
02 explorer timing Apr 21 Ron 1
2002 Ford explorer wont start (Jan '10) Apr 20 Linda Lou ohio 60
Poor gas mileage 2005 ford explorer (Jan '11) Apr 19 Brandon 24
Ford Explorer O/D Light, Slipping Transmission (Feb '10) Apr 14 MPKCAP 804
Ball joint replacement cost (May '06) Apr 8 Marc 218
2006 explorer front differential Apr 3 4slash6 1
More from around the web