my 2003 ford expedition 4.6 engine kn...

my 2003 ford expedition 4.6 engine knocks at start

Created by joel on Nov 7, 2007

15 votes

Click on an option to vote

use motorcrarft oil filter

use 89 octane

Get Real

San Jose, CA

#1 Nov 7, 2007
Send it to the Corn Field................
Kendrick Evans

Mobile, AL

#2 Jun 10, 2013
I have a 2003 Ford Expedition with a 4.6 v8. It has 180,000 miles on it. For about a year now, it has been doing a light rattle on start up, not all the time but when it does do it, it does it for about 3 seconds and then stops. Recently however, it has started to do a light knocking noise hen it warms up. Again, it doesn't do this all the time, but when it does do it, it does it only when idling and stops when you give it gas. When you come off the gas, it doesn't do it again until about 5 more minutes of just PURE idling, and it will start again. It's not a very hard or vigorous knock, but it does concern me. I need to know if it's anything I need to worry about and if so, what things can I do to stop it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
99 Expedition 4x4 Issues (Nov '06) 12 hr Joe Stout 113
replaced blower motor and resistor still wont run 17 hr reel 2
1997 Ford Expedition transmission problem (Mar '08) Thu James d 71
2001 ford expedition electrical problems (Sep '07) Dec 3 Mike 85
2002 Ford Expedition turns over but won't start (Aug '08) Nov 30 Dave with first ford 43
97 expedition wont start but clicks Nov 29 Zach 1
97 Expedition park not engaging (Mar '08) Nov 29 Kquist 31
More from around the web