Brake light switch
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jeff Koonce

Newport News, VA

#21 Aug 7, 2013
I have a 98 Expedition. My Running lights work. And my 3rd brake light works but the other 2 side brake lights will not work. I tried everything. Brake light switch. Fuses ETC. Plus I have to shift into 1st and 2nd if I want to put it in drive. Any help???
gary

United States

#22 Sep 26, 2013
I have a 2001 expedition and when i turn my lights on my tails light illuminate but pressing on the breaks they do no. when my lights are on or off. the top light does but the two on the side dont, new bulbs do u think it can still be the switch
bryant98exp

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Feb 1, 2014
i also am having this problem i hope its just a wire
bryant98exp

United States

#24 Feb 1, 2014
yes it worked i looked at the break pedal followed the wire from the censor mine was red twisted with a green wire i attached a hanging black wire and walla it shifts and lights cone on whooohooo ty so mu h
pallmallz

Detroit, MI

#25 Feb 21, 2015
Anthony wrote:
I recently purchased a 1997 ford expedition and I thought that the brake light switch was bad. Not only did the brake lights not work but the gear shift lever would not shift unless you turned the key half way on and then put it in neutral in order to go into drive. Once I found that a wire had broken loose from the switch I rewired it and it then powered the gear shift without having to shift it in neutral in order to go into drive.
Thanks, exact thing in my 97f250,didn't no my lights weren't working, but had the shifter doing same thing. Looked down there and see that one wire has frayed of the plug that goes into switch. Hopefully its easy to rewire or is it just as easy to get new switch. Really need new plug part. Figure it out in morning, good post thanx
adamhern

Westminster, CA

#26 Feb 4, 2016
I have a 1999 Ford Expedition my breaks lights only work when I press down on the pedal real can anyone tell me how to fix this problem

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
98 expedition Dec 12 Philw357 1
99 expedition Dec 11 Cindy 1
2002 Ford Expedition turns over but won't start (Aug '08) Dec 11 Cindy 48
1999 Ford Expedition - Car Troubles (Sep '07) Dec 4 Robert Stroud 173
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Nov 30 ChevyGuyWithAFord 1,036
1999 Expeditions starts and shuts right off. (Nov '07) Nov 27 Ana 8
1999 Exp XLT 5.4L 2WD Oil Pump Failing? (Jul '08) Nov 26 Khary 14
More from around the web