First Prev
of 4
Next Last
felix

Colorado Springs, CO

#61 Apr 22, 2013
i have a 2001 ford expedition, with battery draining and gauges going full bore left to right(0 to 100 on odometer) if i drive for awhile and shut off no problems but if i stop driving and just sits it drains battery any ideas, just started happening 3 days ago
Michael cole

Clemmons, NC

#62 Jun 7, 2013
Fuse blows in my 01 expedition causing my wipers and radio not to work. Radio fuses are fine put a 20 amp fuse in everything worked but smoke came from under glove compartment.
chris

East Setauket, NY

#63 Jul 18, 2013
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition with remote start it just started making this weird noise like a motor was still working but when i take the terminal off the battery the noise goes away im baffled?
larry

Broken Arrow, OK

#64 Aug 2, 2013
I have a 2001 expedition xlt 4x4 I am trying to fix the electronic compass display with temp I cannot figure out how to remove it from the overhead console. this unit has just the select button with the rear ac controls just above it. can anyone help me with this
Joseph J

Cedar Rapids, IA

#65 Oct 12, 2013
Lewis wrote:
2001 Ford Expedition...Turn on the ignition, no radio, power windows, moon roof or wipers.
BUT when key is turned to back to the Aux. position, all the components function properly.
Have checked the fuses and all appear to be ok,
Also, which relay is the Courtesy Fuse/Relay..
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks
I know it was a long time ago, but did you ever get this fixed? I am having the very same issues. Replaced fuse box and GEM, but the problem persists. Email me at joseph.janutka@gmail.com, since I rarely make it to this particular forum. Thanks!! Joe
Ray H

Essex, MD

#66 Nov 8, 2013
recently started having problems with my Expedition XLT. Battery keeps going dead and truck wont start. Have taken it to NTB center and they say that the battery is fine so must be an internal problem. DOES THIS sound familier.... What is the problem and is a recall out to correct ?
shawn watkins

Belen, NM

#67 Dec 28, 2013
i have a 2001 EB expedition and i have a vcr next to the cd player and both vcr and the lcd screen come on but there is no picture to the lcd screen. any one have any idea what it could be. plz help.
dianne

Rocky Point, NC

#68 Feb 2, 2014
My 2001 expedition is giving me a major problem. all my engine lights stay on, and where the mileage is showing I get all dashes., It keeps killing my battery. If I cut the car off those lights still stay on, I had it fixed about 7 months ago for the same problem but must not have been repaired properly. Any ideas what this could be or has anyone else had the same problem
Shel

United States

#69 Feb 2, 2014
Veronica wrote:
I have a 2001 Ford Expediton. The dome lights, windshield wipppers and windows stopped working. Is there another fuse other than the one under the hood that should be checked if so what is the location and the color of it. Thank you for all your help.
i have the same prob no blown fuses in either box n no bad relay.... N e suggestions???
chuck

South San Francisco, CA

#70 Mar 24, 2014
replaced battery in 2000 ford expedition eddie bauer now radio static did i do something wrong? same new battery as old?
tim

Ormond Beach, FL

#71 Apr 2, 2014
my expedition started stalling when I slow, when I try to restart the battery is low to dead most of the time .. sometime its fine. no when it stalls before it dies the whole electrical blinks of then on. last nite my oil temp light came o also. engine temp never rose above nom while I got it home..any ideas please?
KarenL

Dallas, TX

#72 May 29, 2014
Scott wrote:
<quoted text>I found the problem. It is an inline fuse located under the center console. It is directly under where the control for the rear climate control is. Remove cover, only two screws and you will see it. Mine had a 4 amp fuse. I went to checkers and they only had 3 and 5. I got the 5 amp and put it in and it works again. It you need more info let me know.
My locks click on and off on own. Sometimes, it goes fast like someone is running hands across piano keys. The radio will not work and the LCD near sunroof does not work. Do you have any ideas? It's a '01 EB Ford Expedition.
KarenL

Dallas, TX

#73 May 29, 2014
Ray H wrote:
recently started having problems with my Expedition XLT. Battery keeps going dead and truck wont start. Have taken it to NTB center and they say that the battery is fine so must be an internal problem. DOES THIS sound familier.... What is the problem and is a recall out to correct ?
Yep! I had that problem in the winter. Now, that it is warm, I don't have that problem. Nobody could tell me why. The people selling batteries stated that it had to be electrical. I still don't know what the issue was. Currently, I am needing to find out why my locks click on and off on its own.
Heather

Mountain View, CA

#74 Jul 16, 2014
I have a 2001 ford exposition ed. I can get the VCR to work but not pay through the radio and I can't get the tv thing to work. Would that be a fuse or is it just broke? If anyone can help me that'd be awesome.
julie

United States

#75 Aug 6, 2014
Mine is doing the same thing did u ever find the problem?!?!?!?!?! Please help..
McRiver wrote:
I have a 2001 EB, driver window wont go down. all other windows work fine. i hear a clicking noise in the fuse box/relay area???? is the relay bad??? which fuse/relay controls the windows??? is there another fuse located somewhere else???? i have the Haynes repair & owners manual but they really don't get into that problem and i cant figure it out. any help would greatly be appreciated!!
thanks
DcFynest

Washington, DC

#76 Oct 27, 2014
I don't know if this is an electrical problem, but I recently changed out an alternator and now it just won't start. At first I thought it was the starter (yes I bought one) needless to say I'm not sure. When I jiggled with the gear switch it cranked right up only to have worked for 3-4 days. Figured it wasn't in park all the way(@least that was told to me). Oh I have a 2001 Ford expedition eb. Please Help, all suggestions are appreciated!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Dec 18 3030glc 974
99 exped electrical problem when it rains (Jul '07) Dec 16 Ford Sucks 67
1997 Ford Expedition transmission problem (Mar '08) Dec 9 Roman 61
electronic on a ford expedition Dec 7 Jeff 1
2001 Expy XLT 5.4 running rough, idling (Jun '08) Dec 6 arnel 10
2001 electrical problem Dec 4 Tom 4
2001 expedition fuse problem (Nov '09) Dec 3 KathyO 25
More from around the web