2001 ford expedition electrical problems
woman-help

Del Rio, TX

#41 Oct 13, 2011
Big wave dave wrote:
Rear child lock on right side locks on its own I must constantly open door from outside. now left side door does not open.
i have the same problem, did u get it fixed? if so what was the issue?
kimberly

Broadview, Canada

#42 Oct 20, 2011
i have a 99 expedition the batt seems to be going dead and the od light on the gear shifter blinks and i cud be driving at 100 and the rpms with rev to 4 wut could it be i looked it up and it said it might be the electrical pressure control circuit does any one know if im right plz
dean

Winlock, WA

#43 Dec 30, 2011
99 expedition key just spins in ignition. wont start obviously and it appears to be stuck on. IDEAS please
dean
TRAVIS

Hermitage, TN

#44 Jan 10, 2012
Big wave dave wrote:
Rear child lock on right side locks on its own I must constantly open door from outside. now left side door does not open.
I ALSO HAVE SAME EXACT PROBLEM,
dean

United States

#45 Jan 12, 2012
TRAVIS wrote:
<quoted text> I ALSO HAVE SAME EXACT PROBLEM,
Travis ..are you saying you have the key lock cylinder problem. If so I solved mine without paying Ford. Let me know.
Dean
jerry

United States

#46 Jan 21, 2012
Battery dead after sittling overnight
JOE

United States

#47 Jan 25, 2012
I have a 01 Ford Expedition and it has burned up two starters in one day could someone Please tell me what could cause this
steve

United States

#48 Jan 31, 2012
Car wont start after a short shot down period. Will restart after a half hour later.
Angel Rivera

Lowell, MA

#49 Feb 12, 2012
Everytime I get out of my car I lock the car with the remote and my dome light stays on along with the running board lights and my two back doors dont lock aswell.any suggestions?
dean

United States

#50 Feb 12, 2012
Angel Rivera wrote:
Everytime I get out of my car I lock the car with the remote and my dome light stays on along with the running board lights and my two back doors dont lock aswell.any suggestions?
open the door and hold the door lach down by hand and wait to see if the lights go out.
kim

South Weymouth, MA

#51 Feb 19, 2012
Lewis wrote:
2001 Ford Expedition...Turn on the ignition, no radio, power windows, moon roof or wipers.
BUT when key is turned to back to the Aux. position, all the components function properly.
Have checked the fuses and all appear to be ok,
Also, which relay is the Courtesy Fuse/Relay..
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks
I have the same exact problem, hoping you found a solution or someone else knows what it is causing this
Cheryl

Peoria, IL

#52 Apr 2, 2012
Jerry, I have the same problem. Only difference might be that I have a large crack at the bottom of my windshield. Repair person said my fuse box was full of water,. He replaced fuse box but still won't start in morning. Works after driving and short stops but overnight it's dead but clicking sound in driverside dash area. Anyone have any suggestions????
I know I have to replace windshield but what else could be wrong?
jerry wrote:
Battery dead after sittling overnight
diann

Yakima, WA

#53 Apr 11, 2012
my 1998 ford expedition wont turn off lights, i open the door and lights come on but closing the door they stay on and run battery down please help
dean

United States

#54 Apr 11, 2012
diann wrote:
my 1998 ford expedition wont turn off lights, i open the door and lights come on but closing the door they stay on and run battery down please help
Clean the contacts where door hits the frame of the car. Every door including the hatch
smiley

Nashville, TN

#55 Apr 13, 2012
I have had all these electrical problems for years.I exhausted every dealership, cert fd mech, and warranty.I have spent several thousand since extended warranty gone.and the problem continues...replaced cruise cont sw,chip in steering column,starter,ignition,alt,ba ttery & cables,electrical trace,windshield 2xs,dash has been removed 6xs,heat & a/c coils,on & on and still fuses #8 & 15 keep blowing.Sometimes even as a new one is being put in!!!I am retired and hoped this would be my last car but I am about ready to blow it up and IDEAS???
dean

United States

#56 Apr 13, 2012
Wow thats alot of work..i read on one of these forums that some expeditions develope a leak down in the area of fuse box and the computer box behind it. Plus the swith that the timer for how long the lights stay on after you get out but it sounds like they have tore it apart to see whats up.
Has that module with the timer been changed?
dean

United States

#57 Apr 13, 2012
dean wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean the contacts where door hits the frame of the car. Every door including the hatch
Diane did you solve the problem with the lights staying on?
Lanz Villegas

Ewa Beach, HI

#58 Jul 29, 2012
I'm located in one of the not so remote in Philippines. I'm working on a 2001 Ford Expedition particularly on the fuel system. I don't have manual or a wiring diagram. The fuel pump is new but when the ignition is the pump is inoperative. The inertia switch workinf fine. With out tearing the wiring harness, where does the wire from the fuel pump goes back to. Also which is the relay or fuse for the pump. I check all the fuse under the dash on the left side they check ok. I need some help. If anyone can email me a copy of the wiring diagram at [email protected]
Thank you.
everette russell

Charlotte, NC

#59 Feb 10, 2013
the rear end of my suv has leaked down and i i cant get the pump to come back on it use to come on when the truck would start now i use to disconnet the wiring block under the right front fender. now i cant get it to work. i want to change the connector out but down full know the name of it can anyone help.
cliff

United States

#60 Mar 20, 2013
This morning i was warming my 2001 Expedition EB up and out of no where my radio cut off and i havent been able to cut it back on...what could it be??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Ford Expedition electrical problems (Feb '09) Sep 16 Curtis 36
01 Ford Expedition Sep 9 James B 1
child safety lock rear passenger side (Jan '07) Sep 9 Calvin 78
1997 Ford Expedition transmission problem (Mar '08) Sep 6 eddie_gz14 76
1999 Expedition will not start - not crank (Sep '13) Sep 4 Darren Lamont 22
1999 Ford Expedition - Car Troubles (Sep '07) Aug 28 lupe villa 172
97 Expedition park not engaging (Mar '08) Aug 20 Phillip 32
More from around the web