2001 ford expedition electrical problems
McRiver

Hacienda Heights, CA

#21 Apr 24, 2010
I have a 2001 EB, driver window wont go down. all other windows work fine. i hear a clicking noise in the fuse box/relay area???? is the relay bad??? which fuse/relay controls the windows??? is there another fuse located somewhere else???? i have the Haynes repair & owners manual but they really don't get into that problem and i cant figure it out. any help would greatly be appreciated!!

thanks
Veronica

Encino, CA

#22 May 12, 2010
I have a 2001 Ford Expediton. The dome lights, windshield wipppers and windows stopped working. Is there another fuse other than the one under the hood that should be checked if so what is the location and the color of it. Thank you for all your help.
keen

United States

#23 May 29, 2010
my sunroof in my 2001 expedition is fully slid back and wont close. it opened just fine, and when the switch is pressed to open it trys to open more. but nothing when you try to close it
Raquel

San Antonio, TX

#24 Jun 26, 2010
Chris wrote:
I have a 2001 ford expedition and my cd player works when it want to, my windows want let down,the lights on the inside want come on, and now i have to turn the truck on half way put it in N the turn it on the put in drive before i can drive it. what is the problem please help.
I have the same problem,but everytime I replace or try to replace the 5amp fuse it blows, and now my mechanic tells me that it will take 2-3 hours for him to find the problem. Did you find your problem, and was it resolved? Thanks
veejay

Lowell, MA

#25 Jul 2, 2010
the factory amp is located next to the rear pasengers side speaker you need to remove the panel
Big wave dave

Glendale, CA

#26 Jul 27, 2010
Rear child lock on right side locks on its own I must constantly open door from outside. now left side door does not open.
Kim Smith

Marcus Hook, PA

#27 Aug 3, 2010
We used http://www.experthoustonelectrician.com when we needed our electrical service replaced. They were professional, fast and affordable. They have a 24 hour hotline for surrounding areas.
Lewis

Chillicothe, OH

#28 Oct 7, 2010
2001 Ford Expedition...Turn on the ignition, no radio, power windows, moon roof or wipers.
BUT when key is turned to back to the Aux. position, all the components function properly.
Have checked the fuses and all appear to be ok,
Also, which relay is the Courtesy Fuse/Relay..
Any and all help is appreciated.
Thanks
Jeremiah

Bradenton, FL

#29 Oct 18, 2010
I have an 01 Expedition and I am having a problem with my tilt steering. When the steering wheel is up and the steering column is straight everything works fine but if I tilt the steering wheel nothing on my dash works any idea what this is?
john Park

New York, NY

#30 Dec 8, 2010
I have 1997 Ford Expedition. There is 13 volt drainage from the battery. Removed the radio, the drainage is now 13 volt. Removal of #22 fuse, the voltage drops to 3 volt. What is the electrical problem? When the car is ideal, sometimes a gurgling motor running sound coming from the right lower engine area. Why such a sound?
amanda brown

Lake Charles, LA

#31 Dec 18, 2010
My 2001 ford exp is stuck in park. I figured out through research that its the # 15 5 amp fuse that was blown, but the problem is that it keeps blowing when replaced. I dont know why.
Jose

Manhattan Beach, CA

#32 Jan 8, 2011
I Have a 2001 ford expedition and my rear window (left side)does not work frequently.
jeff

Austell, GA

#33 Feb 11, 2011
windshield half to get it recealed water get in the fuse box it will fix all the problems
fabo

United States

#34 Mar 1, 2011
i have a 2000 expidition and i have 1.2 volts comming through my ground while the truck is running but no volts when the truck is off so it fries my auto starter an leave lines in my tv does anybody know how to fix the ground issue i have
Jose

United States

#35 Mar 10, 2011
My 2001 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition makes this strange sound when i turn the ignition on and then goes away after 10 to 15 seconds.Also, today when i turned off the engine the AC blower came on not able to shut only when removing the fuse #22. The wipers are not working and the radio comes on by itself all when i turn the ignition on. Any suggestions other that i know is an electrical problem going on???
John

United States

#36 Mar 25, 2011
My 2005 Eddie Bower Expedition Problems:(1) Driver side power window won't go up when colder then 30 Degr.F.,(2) Headlights get dim, then intensify, then get dim again about every 20 seconds,(3) the 6 disc CD changer won't load we get a load error message,(4) Rear AC vent duct maks a flapping sound when on,(5) The engine makes a low groweling sound that last 2-3 seconds when starting the car.

Does anyone else have these issues with their Expedition?
chris

Tomball, TX

#37 May 19, 2011
I have a 2001 expedition and I recently have had some problems with the electrical my car trys to start when I turn on my head lights
zizi

Apo, AE

#38 May 24, 2011
My 1997 ford expedition has auto locks on the doors which should lock when you start to drive off but when I drive off after a few miles (sometimes 3-4 miles) than the doors lock. Any ideas why it is taking so long to lock?
mo co

Phoenix, AZ

#39 Jun 13, 2011
(issue: OBD sensor/cigarette lighter not working)
2001 Ford Expedition XLT
I have replaced fuse 3 inside the vehicle and all 20amp fuses under the hood.... yet cigarette lighter/OBD still doesn't work... any ideas on how to fix?
Need help

South El Monte, CA

#40 Sep 30, 2011
Have 01 ford expedition eb car would crank but would not fire up. Had it towed home same thing plugged the obII scan tool then all power went out checked fuses looks ok still have same issue. Battery is good and charged only dim light on hood light no dome lights. Any suggestions

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Windshield wiper fluid light won't go out (Feb '07) Sat Lisa 3
1999 Expedition will not start - not crank (Sep '13) Feb 13 VanKleeck 24
2001 Expedition - Blower fan continues to run (Feb '07) Feb 9 Nadia in Texas 39
98 expedition front differential problem? (Jan '09) Jan '18 Asmith69 5
2001 expedition fuse problem (Nov '09) Jan '18 Young 35
No Heat in Expedition (Nov '11) Jan '18 Carl rugby 10
99 exped electrical problem when it rains (Jul '07) Jan '18 Carl rugby 95
More from around the web