windows,interiorlights,windshield wipers...

Posted in the Ford Expedition Forum

joe

High Point, NC

#1 May 6, 2006
need some help with my 97 expo.. every so ofton i hear a clicking noise under the dash. after it clicks the windows interior ligts and wipers dont work.. it will click back and they will start working after a while.checked all the relays they r fine. nothing is working it is getting worse it locks up bought every other day now. i would appriciate any help anyone can offer.
John

Renton, WA

#2 Nov 28, 2006
Its your GEM and fuse panel. They sometimes do that and the way to fix it is to replace the GEM and fuse panel. Mine did the exact same thing. The dealer wants an arm and a leg but they are easy to replace yourself, except the module flash the dealer has to do for about $175-$200.
daisy

Redmond, WA

#3 Feb 24, 2007
i have a 01 exxpedition that i need to know which fuse controls my power locks
JUNIKA

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2007
MY 2000 FORD EXPEDITION WILL NOT CRANK. ALL THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING ON OUTSIDE WILL WORK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE RADIO. I CAN DRIVE IT ONE MINUTE AND THE NEXT MINUTE IT WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING. THE LAST TIME IT DID THIS THE REMOTE WOULD NOT UNLOCK THE DOORS NOR MOVE THE SEATS TO THE CORRECT SETTING. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER SOMEONE HAS HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS AND WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION? THE FORD DEALERSHIP CANNOT FIND ANYTHING EITHER BECAUSE EVERYTIME WE CAN HAVE IT TOWED AND IT COMES OFF THE WRECKER; THE EXPEDITION STARTS RIGHT ON UP. HELP HELP HELP!
mike

Spokane, WA

#6 Mar 5, 2007
Mine has the exact problem, all research points to GEM module, cant find location of i.
JUNIKA wrote:
MY 2000 FORD EXPEDITION WILL NOT CRANK. ALL THE INTERIOR LIGHTS AND EVERYTHING ON OUTSIDE WILL WORK WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE RADIO. I CAN DRIVE IT ONE MINUTE AND THE NEXT MINUTE IT WILL NOT SAY ANYTHING. THE LAST TIME IT DID THIS THE REMOTE WOULD NOT UNLOCK THE DOORS NOR MOVE THE SEATS TO THE CORRECT SETTING. PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHETHER SOMEONE HAS HAD SIMILAR PROBLEMS AND WHAT WAS THE SOLUTION? THE FORD DEALERSHIP CANNOT FIND ANYTHING EITHER BECAUSE EVERYTIME WE CAN HAVE IT TOWED AND IT COMES OFF THE WRECKER; THE EXPEDITION STARTS RIGHT ON UP. HELP HELP HELP!
Pat007

Boynton Beach, FL

#7 Apr 13, 2007
I have a 99 ford expedition eddie b.
I notice sometimes that the radio and the wipers will not work if the gear is in drive mode but will work when I shift back the gear to reverse. No inside module lights work, but now is gets worse: I cannot move the gear it just stucks, my windows don't work but the car starts. any suggestions please, anyone?
Robert

Carolina Beach, NC

#8 Apr 15, 2007
Pat007 wrote:
I notice sometimes that the radio and the wipers will not work if the gear is in drive mode but will work when I shift back the gear to reverse. No inside module lights work, but now is gets worse: I cannot move the gear it just stucks, my windows don't work but the car starts. any suggestions please, anyone?
I have been haveing the same problem and all points to the GEM!!! Took me hours of searching but i found the location of the GEM heres the link hope it helps you guys out!!! http://199.79.180.163/prepos/f iles/Artemis/Public/Pursuits/2 005/EA/INCLA-EA05015-24896.pdf
Robert

Carolina Beach, NC

#9 Apr 16, 2007
Pat007 wrote:
What is happening is that water is leaking in from a small leak in the window and getting into the Fuse Box and GEM. I took them out and dried them out and put a couple of holes in the bottom of the plastic cover and it has been working fine for me. The GEM is on the back bottom of the fuse box.
Helen

Valrico, FL

#10 Sep 2, 2007
Wipers stopped working. Checked fuse and its fine.
Everything else in perfect working condition. Ford said GEM needs to be replaced. Did so at a cost of $687. Left shop and radio, clock and speedometer stopped working after Ford worked on car overnight. They say coincidence. I'm not buying it. What say you? Did they take advantage of a woman? Car is back in shop, gave me a rental and I am very frustrated.
Kristie

Leesville, LA

#11 Aug 11, 2008
I have a 2000 Ford Expedition my windows won't work.....just started today. All fuses are fine does anyone know what I can do?
don

United States

#12 Mar 20, 2009
on my 2000 ford expedition, my radio comes on when it wants to, the overhead interior lights work when they want to, when i try to cut the car off, it doesn't want to cut off, and the vehicle makes a funny noise when it doesn't want to cut off.
Tony

United States

#13 Dec 24, 2009
My battery died so i replace a new one. After i replaced it the car start but interior light, radio, and brake lights dont work. I replace a new brake light switch but still coulnt shift out of parking. Does any one know it could be the GEM module?
Tony

United States

#14 Dec 24, 2009
How much does it cost to reset GEM module on 99 ford expedition?
frustated phil

Atlanta, GA

#16 May 29, 2011
Tony wrote:
How much does it cost to reset GEM module on 99 ford expedition?
hey tony , had mine reset for 98 bucks ..... didnt help anything . whats not working on yours ?
frustated phil

Atlanta, GA

#17 May 29, 2011
hey tony ... I had mine reset at a dealer for 98 bucks and I still have the same problem ... they told me the GEM would not except the codes....Does anybody have a clue ?
DLD

Conyers, GA

#18 Jul 17, 2011
My 2000 Ford explorer my windows, wipers and interior lights all stopped working simultaneously. What could've happened ?
chosen1

Washington, DC

#20 Apr 3, 2013
My 2002 chevy trailblazer car will start' but the interior lights, locks, windows, and radio just stop working last night!
JIimT

Akron, OH

#21 Dec 16, 2013
My 2002 Ford Explorer windshield and back wipers won't stop runnig (wiping). Any clue? Also, the beeping sound the vehicle makes when you don't have your belt on still beeps when I have my belt on. Frustrated

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
99 exped electrical problem when it rains (Jul '07) Tue Ford Sucks 67
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Dec 12 louie 973
1997 Ford Expedition transmission problem (Mar '08) Dec 9 Roman 61
electronic on a ford expedition Dec 7 Jeff 1
2001 Expy XLT 5.4 running rough, idling (Jun '08) Dec 6 arnel 10
2001 electrical problem Dec 4 Tom 4
2001 expedition fuse problem (Nov '09) Dec 3 KathyO 25
More from around the web