Fans keep running after I turn car off

Fans keep running after I turn car off

Posted in the Ford Expedition Forum

Robert

Laguna Hills, CA

#1 Nov 26, 2013
This just happened tonight. I have a Expo 2000 4.6. It has been an excellent car and I bought it new in 2000. Just tonight I was driving home from work as I turned the car off I could hear want sounded to be like a fan or a buzzing sound. I turned the car back on and off and it was still there. I went out to eat in my bad ass Mustang and disconected the battery on the Expo and it stopped. When I came back I started it up again and the drove it for a couple of miles. It drove perfect but then stopped it again and turned the engine off and still have that fan or buzzing sound. I disconected the battery overnight but I could not find where that is coming from. It rained last week and started missing a little and threw a po300 but then is ran good the next day. It leaks when it rains but I cannot patch the leak, it is a built in problem on that year. Any suggestions to stop this. As I said it still runs great.
robert

Laguna Hills, CA

#2 Nov 27, 2013
Great tried to pull fuses out and now they wont fit back in. WTF!! Now car wont trun over i have the fuse diagram so i will fun to autozone and get new fuses and replace them. Anybody have a clue what is causing this. Maybe a burned out heater blower fuse would that keep it turned on after i swithc off ignition.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 5.4 dies in reverse Sat Jrm 1
2001 ford expedition electrical problems (Sep '07) Oct 29 Bighappy25 88
loss pf power when shifting to drive Oct '17 basslayer 1
1999 Expedition will not start - not crank (Sep '13) Oct '17 Bridgette Harris 23
2002 ford expedition sunroof won't close (Jun '08) Oct '17 Xtremelyfrank 27
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Oct '17 Slg 1,035
99 exped electrical problem when it rains (Jul '07) Sep '17 Jbubba1985 88
More from around the web