dan from phx az

Sierra Vista, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

i have a 2004 expedition with the triton motor. the problem that i am having is from a stop it feals like it is binding when i make any turns as if it is in 4 wheel drive. all for wheel drives work! this is from 0 to 20 mph i have not gone to the dealer yet
dean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 20, 2011

dan from phx az wrote:
i have a 2004 expedition with the triton motor. the problem that i am having is from a stop it feals like it is binding when i make any turns as if it is in 4 wheel drive. all for wheel drives work! this is from 0 to 20 mph i have not gone to the dealer yet
Have you changed front shocks? With the window down crank the wheel one way and go slow then the other way. Does it feel like its skipping or studdering ..the front wheels. My new shocks rub against the bump stops. You could have binding in the 4wd box or that hub bearing. A few ideas
Dean
Alpine

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 16, 2012

Tim Ault wrote:
<quoted text>
There is a flap that breaks in the front that goes between ac and heat when the selector is turned and it defaults to ac when broken and thus you only have heat in rear, had same problem on 98 expedition. Its a 50 cent part and a $1,000 repair due to its a 12 hour repair at avg dealership
I will be taking my 99 in this week to have that .50 cent part replaced. Step 1: remove dash...
myesha miller

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

I have a Ford expedition. 1999 4x4 and my truck broke down yesterday and none of the lights on the dashboard will and when I turn the switch or it act like it wants to start. But it seems. Like it's not getting enough fire from the igention switch.
Michael

Saint Thomas, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Jason wrote:
i have a 97 expedition and the 4 wheel low does not enguage??? i put it in 4 lo and hit the gas it just reves up?????????? help please
Did you stand still and shift into neutral before changing into 4 low? You can shift on the fly from 2 H to AWD to
dean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Michael wrote:
<quoted text> Did you stand still and shift into neutral before changing into 4 low? You can shift on the fly from 2 H to AWD to
first thing you do is put on brake car in neutral then shft in 4low. Google this and there is information plentaful on this 4low deal.
msjaqu

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

I have a 97 Ford Expedition that will not go into reverse gear. How do I fix it?
dean

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 16, 2012

msjaqu wrote:
I have a 97 Ford Expedition that will not go into reverse gear. How do I fix it?
i changed my shift cable and it worked but make sure you crawl under there and look at it because there is the chance that the tranny has lost reverse.
Scott

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2012

arthur wrote:
hi did you ever find out why you have no heat in the front please let me know i have the same problem thanks art
PLUGGED HEATER CORE
Paul on Lynn Hill

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

My tranny blew...replaced it with a used one now my 4-low doesn't work everything is hooked up just like the original...what happened?99 xlt 4.6
Paul on Lynn Hill

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2012

My 99 4.6 xlt 4x4 ran perfect...I cut off the muffler and ran duel straight pipes with tips out the rear( did not remove any of the cats) now it misses and has less power...sounds great but need a fix
robert b

Gilbert, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2013

frankie p wrote:
<quoted text> remove fuse number 104 30 amp under the hood, problem solved !
it worked.
haley

Trumann, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 30, 2013

i have a 99 ford expedition and am iso a transfer case... does anybody know where i can get one thats used
Dano

Springfield, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

fleetservices wrote:
Can you please tell me where the GEM is located, on 1999 ford expedition.
it is right behind the fuse panel by the steering wheel
Hutch

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2014

I have a 03 expo that engages 4wd on its own when driving in normal conditions, any advice?
Josh

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

I have a 99' Expedition. It AWD, 4Hi and 4Lo options. It will shift in and out of 4Lo but will not shift out of 4Hi into AWD. There is no binding whatsoever. What could cause this issue?
javier

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2014

Have a 99ford expedition 5.4l 4x4 very good suv lots off power but all of a sudden there is this gergul only in aceleration it is come from the front end to much work to many mechanic cant seen to figure it out
ron

Hyattsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2014

GEM mod. Is behind radio
Fordman40

Elkhart, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

My 1999 Ford Expedition XLT binds and makes a grinding noise when making sharp turns going forward and reverse. It feels like the emergency brake is on but once I drive on a straight path it is fine. I took it to two different mechanics. The second mechanic had me fix the ball joints and get a new set of tires which seemed to help a lot. He said he does not think it is the transfer case but he drained it and refilled it with fresh fluid. I have noticed that the 4x4 light flashes on the dash and the abs light pops on after driving it for a short while. I've already spent close to $1000 bucks and still don't have the problem fixed or know exactly what it is. I think it is the transfer case shift motor but before I take it to the dealer as a last resort does anyone out there think they have an idea of what is going on with my truck?

Thanks in advance!
David

Conway, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2014

anybody know if 97 f150 4X4 ????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 81 - 100 of101
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Ford Expedition Discussions

Search the Ford Expedition Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ford Expedition 2010 Tailgate Paint Bubbling 8 hr Jason 2
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Mon hump 959
1998 Expedition Jul 16 Mrredskin 2
2001 ford expedition electrical problems (Sep '07) Jul 16 Heather 74
1999 Expedition will not start - not crank (Sep '13) Jul 16 Ruby 4
2000 Expedition- Eddie Bauer ... Leaking freon Jul 14 Brian Puhlick 1
1999 Ford Expedition - Car Troubles (Sep '07) Jul 6 Cezar 137
•••

Buy a New Car