3rd row seat won't fit...
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Rob Debakey

Westlake Village, CA

#1 Jun 1, 2008
I just purchased a 3rd row seat for my 1998 expedition xlt, but it won't fit... there are no brackets to mount it into place, can I install them?
What do I need to purchase?
Jeff Luguo

Somers, NY

#2 Jul 3, 2008
I am having the same issue. Have you found any solutions?
Paul

Vancouver, Canada

#3 Jul 8, 2008
I tried that on my Expedition but the floorpan on the rear is different with the 3rd row seat option.
Brian

United States

#4 Jul 16, 2008
There is a way to install a 3rd row seat in your Expedition. I actually manufacture brackets that can be installed in the floor board that allow you to mount an OEM Ford 3rd row seat. Here is the link to my web site for the Ford Brackets
http://store.theseatshoponline.com/p-222-1997...

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call.
Thanks!
Brian Verhalen
The Seat Shop
Brian

United States

#5 Jul 16, 2008
Rob Debakey wrote:
I just purchased a 3rd row seat for my 1998 expedition xlt, but it won't fit... there are no brackets to mount it into place, can I install them?
There is a way to install a 3rd row seat in your Expedition. I actually manufacture brackets that can be installed in the floor board that allow you to mount an OEM Ford 3rd row seat. Here is the link to my web site for the Ford Brackets
http://store.theseatshoponline.com/p-222-1997 ...

Thanks!
Brian Verhalen
The Seat Shop
Brian

United States

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Jeff Luguo wrote:
I am having the same issue. Have you found any solutions?
http://store.theseatshoponline.com/p-222-1997 ...

Thanks!
Brian Verhalen
The Seat Shop
doing the same work

Portland, OR

#7 Jun 6, 2009
Rob Debakey wrote:
need to get brackets are go to a junk yard. check with a trusted body installer to put in safely
doing the same work

Portland, OR

#8 Jun 6, 2009
how safe is it to put in brackets for third row seat. should we go to junk yard to get origanal are use some brackets from private dealler that might not be safe.
jessica

Salem, OR

#9 Feb 8, 2010
i have same problem has anyone actually installed the seat and is it safe ? did it work
t1g3r3y3s

Childress, TX

#10 May 10, 2010
I am needing all the hardware to install a 3rd seat in a 1998 ford expedition xlt 4x4 and the seat anybody know where I might can get a used one with a cheap price that will fit?
mccool

Tacoma, WA

#11 Aug 28, 2010
can a 3rd row seat be installed in a 2008 ford expedition xlt cargo?...
Ramos

Portland, OR

#12 Nov 24, 2010
ihave the same problem im thinking of going to junk yard and cutting out the backets, then cut out the four holes on my expo for the backets so they fit into place. and attach four screws to each bracket and then weld them for extr strenght for more safty. mine is a 2000 xlt and i tought it should have it as it is a newer model than 98 but i guess not. ill try it and post my finish pruduct to see how it went....
third row seat

Durham, NC

#13 Feb 1, 2011
the bracket he sells are for an after market seat, if you have an expedition seat it won't work.
Drew

Sacramento, CA

#14 Feb 27, 2011
I just got my step sister's 1998 Ford Expedition XLT. Only problem, no 3rd row. There are no mounting brackets or seat belts. If I pick up a 3rd row from junk yard, how can I fix the mounting and seat belt issue?

California
gina

Albuquerque, NM

#15 Apr 13, 2011
I am having the same problem i just bought a 2000 expedition and i bought it becuse i thought i could put the thrid row seat and it dosent have the brackets how much will it cost to install everything brackets seat and seatbelts?????
emily

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2011
mccool wrote:
can a 3rd row seat be installed in a 2008 ford expedition xlt cargo?...
I have the same expedition. Did you ever find an answer?
tiana

Bridgeville, PA

#17 Jun 20, 2011
The seats r very high priced...third rows for over 4$400. & they r used....
kacey

United States

#18 Aug 14, 2011
I have a 1998 expedition and am needing a third row. Are there any vehicles that would be interchangeable?(suburban or tahoe perhaps??) Or any suggestions how I could find out...
lost

Geneva, FL

#19 Aug 21, 2011
i have a 1998 expedition i just got a third row seat for it thought it would have gone rite in wrong .i was told it came out of a 2002 but it has wheels on the track wont fit in to the slots in the floor wheels r to big and in the way i wood have to cut the braket on a new seat could this be out of a 2003 if so what should i do sell it try again it is gray i need tan lether anyway but have u herd such a thing ? thanks Dave Lost!!!!!!!!!!
mitch

Granite City, IL

#20 Jan 25, 2012
i have a 97 expedition it came w/a third seat it has big wheels in the front that wont fit in the tracks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Expedition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
99 Expedition 4x4 Issues (Nov '06) Wed tazzmania23 109
1998 ford expedition troubleshooting question-h... (Nov '06) Tue brian 998
Power Ports not working (Feb '09) May 25 TemujinKhan 2
1999 Ford Expedition - Car Troubles (Sep '07) May 5 Ausbert 155
2003 Ford Expedition electrical problems (Feb '09) May 4 mikev w 21
2001 EB Expedition Awd transfer case problems? (Nov '08) May 3 james 4
Won't pick up speed May 2 Clarise 1
More from around the web