2004 Ford Escape tire recommendations

2004 Ford Escape tire recommendations

Posted in the Ford Escape Forum

Cortney

Pittsford, NY

#1 Oct 29, 2007
I'm wondering if anyone has suggestions for tires for the 2004 Ford Escape XLT model. I'm debating between the Michelin CrossTerrain SUV and the BFGoodrich Radial Long Trail T/A. However, I've come across some bad reviews on the BFG's, and I'm wondering if the Michelin ones are really worth the extra money or if there's another tire out there that would work just as well.
Dozing4dollars

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2007
I replaced my Continental Conti-Trac SUV factory tires on my 2004 XLT Escape at 6,000 miles. They were AWFUL in the rain.

I put Kumho Road Venture HT's on as a replacement. Great tire! They plow rain like crazy and are very good in snow. Awesome price!

I have 40,000 miles on them and they have excellent tread depth remaining.

Check out the whole line of Kumho tires at www.tirerack.com . They sell tons of them.I have bought about 5 sets of them for various SUV's in my family.
Rumors

Raleigh, NC

#3 Nov 16, 2010
Uniroyal Liberators from Wal-Mart are surprisingly good for the money. I put a full set on 3 years ago and got 50,000 plus miles with good highway, back road and light off road (cowpasture) traction. I'm getting ready to buy another set this week.
Rumors

Raleigh, NC

#4 Nov 16, 2010
And in the snow in buffalo and ohio for three winter vacations!! Never spun out on I-81 or I79 one time, even when they were solid packed snow!
shannon

Murfreesboro, TN

#5 Jan 21, 2011
I have a 2007 escape and was debating on tires for it between the bf goodrich longtrail TA's or the uniroyal liberator At's. I wnat some offroad ability just wich would be a better tire.The contritac tires on it stink
mcstar

United States

#6 Mar 10, 2011
Rumors wrote:
Uniroyal Liberators from Wal-Mart are surprisingly good for the money. I put a full set on 3 years ago and got 50,000 plus miles with good highway, back road and light off road (cowpasture) traction. I'm getting ready to buy another set this week.
what tire size did you buy?
Michelle

Fairforest, SC

#7 Nov 13, 2012
I have bought the Michelin Crossover Tires for years and they are excellent tires for the rain. I get 60,000+ everytime. Check Sears on Black Friday for the best deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Escape Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2001 Escape V6 misfire and shuddering (Mar '07) Fri Luckbuck85 225
2003 Ford Escape Rough Idle/Engine light blinking (Apr '11) Jan 11 IrritatedRhino 40
Fog lights Jan 6 AKford 1
2002 Escape 4WD XLT Engine Whining Noise (Jun '07) Jan 4 Mike 33
2002 Ford Escape brake problem (Feb '07) Jan 4 varunji 100
2001 ford escape starting problems (Sep '08) Dec 28 Demetra 34
2003 Ford Escape Ignition Switch Problems (Feb '07) Dec '16 Joseph 49
More from around the web