Electric vehicle owners tout benefits
John Alder's 1991 Suzuki GSX 600 Katana motorcycle barely made a sound as it pulled out of his driveway Monday.
Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Baltimore Sun.
#1 Jun 1, 2010
The USABC was supposed to have elevated the battery research and technology to get high power density batteries on the market. The battery technology is there, the ubiquitous manufacturing is not. LiFePo4 battery packs are still expensive for a decent amount of KWh storage. A gallon of gasoline is average 32KWh of stored energy, with about an 8 pound weight. The LiFePo4 battery pack of 32KWh is around 600 pounds. Like all battery chemistries, it shortens the battery life if you discharge it below 50% SOC. You have a 600 pound battery pack that you can use 16KWh of energy from, if you want the battery pack to last for years. The chemistry to increase the energy density two fold while bringing the price down by 75% can make electric vehicles common place.
“Li-ion Motors Corp.”
Since: May 10
#2 Jun 9, 2010
Electric vehicles are the cleanest, safe, efficient and cost effective mode of transportation. Electric vehicles are high performance vehicle and will continue to meet with new and exciting challenges in the near future. There are several reasons to have more and more Electric cars.
We all love to drive for long hours and avoid proper maintenance of the vehicle until any severe problem occurs in the vehicle. With Electric cars you have the opportunity to enjoy your ride without worrying about the maintenance. Electric cars do not require any oil, spark changes or any real repairs, thus eliminating the need of spending thousands of dollars on the maintenance. All it requires is to change the electric battery or to replace any of the fuel cell.
Below are some other green reasons to have more Electric cars
1. Electric cars are eco-friendly because it uses environmental friendly fuel that emits zero pollution.
2. The car is a clean solution to the environment as compared to gasoline powered cars as the energy generated to power the Electric car and to move it is 97 percent cleaner in terms of noxious pollutants.
3. Electric cars have the ability to power the engine at any speed while in a gasoline powered car only 20 percent energy is actual energy which is used; rest of the energy is used to power the wheels and other accessories.
4. Electric cars reduces the dependence on imported petroleum as the studies shows that less than 2 percent US electricity is generated from oil.
5. If we assume that electricity used to power the electricity comes from coal rather than natural resources, Electric vehicles are still cleaner than gasoline powered vehicles.
6. Electric vehicles would cost not more than $1.25 to fill up regularly.
Li-ion Motors Corp.is a leading a manufacturer of all Electric vehicles. LMCO has successfully converted all the vehicles and products to fully Electric vehicles. Li-ion Motors offers a wide range of Electric vehicles cars, scooters, trucks, motorcycles, bicycles, mopeds and many more.
Add your comments below
|Tesla may open 3 more Gigafactory locations||Thu||Solarman||1|
|EPA rates VW's 2017 e-Golf at 126 mpg-e and boo...||Thu||Solarman||1|
|PG&E deploys its first Tesla Powerpack battery ...||Feb 20||Hillary Clinton||2|
|"Energy Storage Set To Boom In 2017" Yawn.||Feb 17||Solarman||1|
|Race for Home Power Storage Pits British Startu...||Feb 15||Solarman||1|
|The Chevy Bolt EV Gets Off to a Strong Sales Start||Feb 12||Solarman||1|
|GM tries marketing through mobility||Feb 11||Solarman||1|
Find what you want!
Search Electric Vehicle Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC