dodge ram sucks!!!
First Prev
of 16
Next Last
GM MAN

Washington, MI

#1 Oct 1, 2010
This is to all of you Dodge Ram enthusiasts or owners....why? Why would you buy a car, thats worse than Chevy or Ford. Weaker Frame, Weaker Engine, only a 5 SPEED TRANNY, COIL SPRINGS, sucky interior, no reliability, worse safety than Ford or Chevy
Im sorry but how? What do you see in the Ram thats so special? Even the 3500 or 2500s are not good compared to the comparable Ford and Chevy trucks. Why? How?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truckin

Chambersburg, PA

#2 Oct 2, 2010
The main issue with the Ram is the inflated dyno queen horsepower numbers for marketing purposes, backed up by horrendous fuel economy.

I wonder when Cummins will dump them?
Charger 440

Crossville, TN

#3 Oct 2, 2010
Inflated horsepower? Dodge has NEVER inflated it's horsepower figures you stupid morons! if anything thy UNDER rate their horsepower figures!
That is why a 425 horsepower 426 Hemi actually had 500+ HP! and that is why it would stomp and 450 horsepower LS6 Chevy! So saying that Dodge overrated their new HEMI is the most stupid bunch of crap that has ever been spewed out! So why is it that if it has overrated horsepower the new Ram does 0-60 in 5.7-6 seconds but the new Chevy will only manage 0-60 in 6.3, and the Chevy is LIGHTER!! Look to me like Chevy is up to their old overrated tricks!
And Dodge has a HIGHER CRASH TEST RATING THAN CHEVY!!!
Dodge had 5 FIVE STARS in frontal PASSENGER AND DRIVER, and 4 stars for rollover. With GOOD Ratings across the board!!!
Chevy had a all good also EXCEPT for LEGROOM which indicated possible injury, but was deemed "acceptable".
So SUCK ON THAT GM MAN and TRUCKIN!
AND the new Dodge gets the SAME Gas mileage as the Chevy, and the Cummins gets BETTER fuel mileage! Cummins dumping Dodge? how stupid are you!
And the new Ram's Frame is plenty strong to do what ever it needs to do! It is even PRAISED for it's towing abilities!! AND it only took GM and FORD 20 years to finally catch match a Dodge! they FINALLY did it for the 2011 year!!!! I guess you guys are just jealous of the RAM and it's accomplishments!!!
Face it the New Ram is just as good as the GM and FORD! Getting lots of praise! EVEN the Motor Trend gave the Dodge high marks when compared to a new Ford.

Are you really that stupid or do you have to practice???

Why? What is the matter GM Man? was i kicking your Butt in American cars suck, so you decided to start your own Dodge ram bashing topic??? What is your problem? you are like on a one man Dodge/ Chrysler bashing quest! typical of GM people that are so rabid they cannot accept the truth and want to bash a Dodge in the only way they know how since they know they CANNOT bash a Dodge on the STREET!
What is the Matter? do you get your butt roasted by every Dodge And Chrysler that comes along on the street so you have to come on here and start your own topic to beat them verbally????
Face it! YOU ARE WRONG! THE TESTS PROVE YOU ARE WRONG!!!! so just accept the fact that the new and old Dodge is a great truck with a great interior, and can compare to ANY Chevy or Ford out there!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Truckin

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Oct 2, 2010
The Ram easily wins the contest in terms of highest loss of residual value over 3 years. Real world fuel economy remains at 13mpg. 5-speed is tired and old.

The only thing novel is the coil spring rear suspension, but give it time and it too will become a source of major failures.
GM MAN

Washington, MI

#5 Oct 2, 2010
so this is what its come to? you flat out lying about the horsepower figures on the 6.1 hemi? anyone who has half a mind can tell you the challenger is a lot slower than the camaro because the engine is practically the same but the challenger is much heavier, so the camaro goes faster.

by the way i finally got to the bottom of this ram vs silverado speed business. First of all, the only ram that goes 0-60 under 6 seconds is the smallest one they have with a 5.7. thats a standard cab, and i THINK its a long bed, which is alot lighter than the chevy with the 6.2, which is only avabile in a crew cab form. A comparable dodge ram, with the biggest cab option, and the 5.7, is much much slower than the chevy. so what does that say, a smaller, lighter, un-comparable ram can beat a crew cab silverado? whoopdie do! that 5 speed is catching up to them. it dosent matter if its a brilliant mercedes-designed tranny, its only 5 speeds, and its killing them. funny also how you keep insisting on how the ram frame is strong, when you give me no facts.

BTW i started this forum for TRUCK ONLY TALK. i was tired of the mix up of conversations from "American cars suck!!!" so please limit truck related conversations to this one.
Truckin

Chambersburg, PA

#6 Oct 3, 2010
We all know that a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7L and 5-speed will consistently deliver 11mpg in real world driving.

There are countless owners out there bolting on parts and chips tring to get to 15mpg, conceding that the rating of 20mpg is hopeless.

BTW - Tundra with 5.7L and 6-speed gets 22mpg in real world driving, better than the EPA estimate. It's also much faster than the Ram in any configuration.
Charger 440

Crossville, TN

#7 Oct 3, 2010
GM MAN wrote:
so this is what its come to? you flat out lying about the horsepower figures on the 6.1 hemi? anyone who has half a mind can tell you the challenger is a lot slower than the camaro because the engine is practically the same but the challenger is much heavier, so the camaro goes faster.
by the way i finally got to the bottom of this ram vs silverado speed business. First of all, the only ram that goes 0-60 under 6 seconds is the smallest one they have with a 5.7. thats a standard cab, and i THINK its a long bed, which is alot lighter than the chevy with the 6.2, which is only avabile in a crew cab form. A comparable dodge ram, with the biggest cab option, and the 5.7, is much much slower than the chevy. so what does that say, a smaller, lighter, un-comparable ram can beat a crew cab silverado? whoopdie do! that 5 speed is catching up to them. it dosent matter if its a brilliant mercedes-designed tranny, its only 5 speeds, and its killing them. funny also how you keep insisting on how the ram frame is strong, when you give me no facts.
BTW i started this forum for TRUCK ONLY TALK. i was tired of the mix up of conversations from "American cars suck!!!" so please limit truck related conversations to this one.
The full size ram with the 5.7 is rated at 0-60 in 6 seconds, the short bed R/T in 5.7.
The Chevy full size is rated at about 6.2 .2 seconds SLOWER than the comparable full size Dodge.
Ok is THAT clear enough for you?
AND i was NOT talking about the Challenger horsepower, IF you can read i was talking about the 426 hemi from the 1960's as a way of using it as an example or Chevy always OVER RATING their horse power and Dodge's always UNDER RATING their horsepower.

And for the frame this is from Dodge's webpage for the commercial chassis cab;

http://www.dodge.com/en/commercial/2011/ram_c...

50,000 PSI of rear frame steel strength – the strongest in its class for 3500

Oh and the FRONT half of the frame is fully boxed.

So if you just started this for "Truck talk" only, then why didn't you call it "Truck talk" instead of "Dodge Ram Sucks!"
No Sorry the ONLY reason you started this was to further your agenda of Bashing and Badmouthing Dodge Trucks.

oh and i do stress 1 one man agenda so far you and this truckin are the only 2 on here!
I BELIEVE that for every ONE of people like you that try and badmouth Dodge, and Chrysler, you will find 100 that DO like Dodge and Chrysler! maybe even 1000 to 1! even other GM and Ford people! I have even seen MORE new Dodge trucks on the road lately that Chevy or Ford.
So it just seems strange that for every point of yours i discredit you come up with more nonsense to argue about.
Like you are only interested in bad mouthing Dodge and building up Chevy and Ford, INSTEAD of INCLUDING Dodge in your comparisons! You are purposely singling out Dodge, and Chrysler in general to nit pick things that are either not true, or things that don't matter! It is like you are jealous of all the things Dodge has accomplished, and you are just bad mouthing Dodge just to "hear you head rattle".
So i am not going to play your pathetic little game. I see what you are doing now that you have started this topic to bash Dodge Trucks. I was kicking your butt and defeating every one of your arguments, so you thought you would start a topic to get people to gang up and join you on your Dodge hating agenda.
As i said if it was about Trucks alone you would not have called it "Dodge Ram Sucks"!
Don't know why you are so down on Dodge, you must have had a lot of Dodges fly by your Chevy on the highway any you could not catch up! That is IF you even drive yet!
And i bet you have NEVER EVEN owned a Dodge truck or any Chrysler product! If that is the case, then you have no right to say anything about Dodge! and i have noticed all your arguments are like they are copy and paste, because you have no substance or actual experience with the subjects.
Charger 440

Crossville, TN

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Truckin wrote:
We all know that a Dodge Ram 1500 quad cab with the 5.7L and 5-speed will consistently deliver 11mpg in real world driving.
There are countless owners out there bolting on parts and chips tring to get to 15mpg, conceding that the rating of 20mpg is hopeless.
BTW - Tundra with 5.7L and 6-speed gets 22mpg in real world driving, better than the EPA estimate. It's also much faster than the Ram in any configuration.
How do you know what a Dodge Ram gets i REAL WORLD driving? have you bought one and drove it?
How about real world number for a Chevy? A Ford? HUH?? you are just another bozo singling out Dodge to bad mouth!

Here is the Toyota tundra story! RECALLS FOR SORRY FRAMES!!!

http://www.tundraheadquarters.com/blog/2010/0...

Oh and here is a video of Ford Making fun of a Toyota Tundra's frame! how WEAK the frame is!

So it doesn't matter what kind of gas mileage you get if your frame is rusting away and breaking! Toyotas are bad for rusting out frames! i WORKED on the Sorry things, and i saw how bad the frames were!
GM MAN

Washington, MI

#9 Oct 3, 2010
Dude, sounds like you've got some temper........do you need a bottle?

Anyway if you were paying attention I was talking about 1500 trucks, not 3500 trucks. As of now I don't know what the Chevys psi for frame strength for the chassis cab is, but when it comes to 3500 pickup trucks, chevy is best in class. Their frame is 5 TIMES STRONGER than their previous generation, and that was a pretty beastly frame too. Dodge has used the same frame for a while and I know that a brand new chevy frame can out win an old dodge frame. If the crew cab ram is so fast how come it lost in a drag race to the GM twins with the 6.2 and the Toyota in the 5.7. Please dont scramble my words because I would much rather have a dodge than Toyota, but I would rather have an F-150 or a GM truck than a dodge because they prove to be strong, reliable, well build, and luxurious, not to mention fuel. Silverado XFE is the most efficient non-hybrid truck ever, and is claimed at 22 or 23 mpg highway, and knowing the General, they can probably get 25-27 easily, not even to mention the world class hybrid.

"nit picking things out that don't matter"????
Last time I checked the frame is pretty important in a truck, so is the engine, and transmission, and suspension. Am I jealous of dodge? How bout asking if I'm jealous of a truck that docent work well as a truck? Because that's what the dodge is, and I'm not jealous of that at all. Are you jealous that chevy has better suspension, engine, tranny, and frame? And are you jealous that ford takes all those and 1up's them again? Talkin 1500's here by the way.

Again I'm sorry that you are so insistent that Chrysler is a quality company, and I started this forum to compare domestic trucks (cause were the only country that makes good trucks) and the dodge fell short so this post is GM vs Chrysler on truck talk.

And yes, normally I am an all GM person, but recently I have found ford is a great company, but most of their vehicles are sub-par compared to GM, but I do applaud them for making great trucks, along with GM trucks. Have you seen the new ecoboost truck engine? Rated at 360hp and 420lbs-tq at 2200rpm!! Now knowing ford those are exadurated but I'm betting peak torque will still be 420 and torque at 2200rpm should be a pretty good number. And this is out of a 3.5 ECOBOOST!! also, I can applaud the mustang GT for being faster than a camaro SS and much, much faster than a challenger srt-8, but it's flaws like a live rear axle that would make me want to walk away and buy a camaro. And tho mustang is faster on drag and 0-60, camaro has faster top speed because horsepower rules over the lightness of the mustang. But don't go twisting my words again because not everything with more horsepower is faster. But the camaro isn't that much heavier than the stang and would have a faster top speed.

The rest of your post is not worth responding to because it's immature and I think you just got beat by a chevy cause you had some bad temper
GM MAN

Washington, MI

#10 Oct 3, 2010
If you really want to test your Chrysler knowledge, go to the Toyota form and there will be a post called "chevy vs ford vs dodge, WHO IS BETTER???" and that's a great post to compare, if you don't obviously you know chrysler isn't good because you wouldn't be able to defend them on that post! Haha c ya over at the Toyota forum!
Just the Facts

Pittsburgh, PA

#11 Oct 4, 2010
GM MAN wrote:
This is to all of you Dodge Ram enthusiasts or owners....why? Why would you buy a car, thats worse than Chevy or Ford. Weaker Frame, Weaker Engine, only a 5 SPEED TRANNY, COIL SPRINGS, sucky interior, no reliability, worse safety than Ford or Chevy
Im sorry but how? What do you see in the Ram thats so special? Even the 3500 or 2500s are not good compared to the comparable Ford and Chevy trucks. Why? How?
What a brainless fool,.they will let anybody on here..........lol
Truckin

Chambersburg, PA

#12 Oct 4, 2010
Transmission shops love Chrysler products.
Gm man

Washington, MI

#13 Oct 4, 2010
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
What a brainless fool,.they will let anybody on here..........lol
yea so are you going to back up your proof at all? what is special of the dodge ram 1500?

its got a hemi, not to powerfull and not to reliable
its got a mercedes 5 speed, which is great for luxury cars, not made for full sized trucks. and its a 5 speed, so its alot slower
its got coil springs, which are comfortable, but dont let the truck do "truck things" to well, in short, they are weak
its got a pretty weak frame, alot weaker than ford and chevy
its has the lowest end interior
it isnt even tested for side impact crashes......hmmm wonder why?
it has chrysler build quality.....yikes

so if you want a truck that is slow, unreliable, nice riding, not so nice interiored, and cant perform "truck tasks".....get the ram. For the rest of us......CHEVY AND FORD ALL THE WAY!!!
Suprejuster

Canyon, TX

#14 Oct 4, 2010
I have owned virtually every make of vehicle, the only brand that didn't cause me headaches wass Dodge. I currently have a 2003 Ram 2300 H.O. diesel automatic. I have 93,000 plus miles. Other than change the oil and filter and one replacement set of tires it has had absolutely NO repair work ( sorry, changed the wiper blades ) I know as I purchased it new in June, '03. I get a consistant 19.2 in general driving and 22.5 on the hwy. It may collapse tomorrow but I don't think so.
Suprejuster

Canyon, TX

#15 Oct 4, 2010
I have owned virtually every make of vehicle, the only brand that didn't cause me headaches wass Dodge. I currently have a 2005 Ram 2300 H.O. diesel automatic. I have 93,000 plus miles. Other than change the oil and filter and one replacement set of tires it has had absolutely NO repair work ( sorry, changed the wiper blades ) I know as I purchased it new in June, '03. I get a consistant 19.2 in general driving and 22.5 on the hwy. It may collapse tomorrow but I don't think so.
Gm man

Washington, MI

#16 Oct 4, 2010
first of all, its a diesel, and its a cummins diesel, if dodge did on thing right, its partner with them for the "reliability" issue.

but literally, and im not even joking, chrysler vehicles have given me actual headaches. Driving in a brand spankin new dodge grand caravan, 2010, with 6k and every time it shifts the whole car shakes VIOLENTLY and any time you put it in reverse, it shakes even more violently! and thats not a joke, it gave me a headache.

friend of mine drove a new 2011 chevy one ton duallie diesel, 25mpg highway! he constantly praised it for the immense power coming from the duramax/allison combo, which is the best combo out there.

chrysler cant make trannys, so cummins with a chrysler tranny is basically useless. Ford cant make a diesel,(and their tranny isnt what i would call 'great' either) so thats no for them. Chevy Wins!

funny cause i saw two things online how people reached 1,000,000 miles on their trucks. one was a dodge diesel, the other a chevy gas....which proves a better truck? the chevy. IT has the original chevy engine, proving it reliable, and no major repairs. the dodge had a cummins diesel, so it proves chrysler cant make anything good by themselves.

either way GM is the best
Gm man

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Oct 7, 2010
Of course: I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time, with these meds I'm taking.
Charger 440

Crossville, TN

#18 Oct 9, 2010
Gm man wrote:
first of all, its a diesel, and its a cummins diesel, if dodge did on thing right, its partner with them for the "reliability" issue.
but literally, and im not even joking, chrysler vehicles have given me actual headaches. Driving in a brand spankin new dodge grand caravan, 2010, with 6k and every time it shifts the whole car shakes VIOLENTLY and any time you put it in reverse, it shakes even more violently! and thats not a joke, it gave me a headache.
friend of mine drove a new 2011 chevy one ton duallie diesel, 25mpg highway! he constantly praised it for the immense power coming from the duramax/allison combo, which is the best combo out there.
chrysler cant make trannys, so cummins with a chrysler tranny is basically useless. Ford cant make a diesel,(and their tranny isnt what i would call 'great' either) so thats no for them. Chevy Wins!
funny cause i saw two things online how people reached 1,000,000 miles on their trucks. one was a dodge diesel, the other a chevy gas....which proves a better truck? the chevy. IT has the original chevy engine, proving it reliable, and no major repairs. the dodge had a cummins diesel, so it proves chrysler cant make anything good by themselves.
either way GM is the best
SEE? other people are even telling you, you don't know anything about trucks! so what are you going to do argue with everyone, and tell all of us we are wrong?
Sorry it doesn't work that way.
So you are still harping on the ONE minivan you drove, and are bad mouthing ALL Chrysler products from ONE. and you probably weren't even driving, it was probably your parents, little boy.
Charger 440

Crossville, TN

#19 Oct 9, 2010
Gm man wrote:
Of course: I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time, with these meds I'm taking.
Probably for ADD! or psychosis.
Truckin

Chambersburg, PA

#20 Oct 9, 2010
Any more information as to why the Dodge Ram gets 40% less fuel economy than the EPA rating? Did the government-run EPA inflate the numbers since the government owns Chrysler?

I have a neighbor who is getting 11mpg on the highway, he is furious. He added a hard cover for the bed, and his fuel economy actually went down a little. He's chapped.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 16
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big question need a anwser please. 17 hr countrymob 1
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '08) Feb 15 Scuba steve 17
Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L engine swap (Feb '09) Feb 12 Greg 48
News GM to drop Safari, Astro (May '06) Dec '16 DonA 37
News Dodge Sprinter MPG: Real World Numbers (Jul '06) Dec '16 Jackson37 141
News 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Return of the American van (Jun '16) Nov '16 klaus 5
Will the 2005 transmission hook up with the 199... Nov '16 LeviBradford 1
More from around the web