Auto Q&A with Tom Torbjornsen: Window...

Auto Q&A with Tom Torbjornsen: Window woes, resale values and funky smells

There are 2 comments on the Examiner.com story from Jun 9, 2011, titled Auto Q&A with Tom Torbjornsen: Window woes, resale values and funky smells. In it, Examiner.com reports that:

Dear Tom, I bought a 2005 Dodge Caravan a month ago with only 47,000 miles. The window on the driver's side suddenly stopped worked working.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Examiner.com.

jim mc bride

Arlington, WA

#1 Jun 21, 2011
your article on the 300K+ mile Toyota pickup had some pretty interesting math. It said that at 3800rpm and 65mph the pistons were coming to TDC 475 times per minute. VERY WRONG...first you should shift into high gear and lower the rpm to 1500 or so and don't divide the rpm by the number of cylinders like you did. 3800 rpm means 3800 rotations regardless of vehicle speed or number of cylinders. In a 4, 6 or 8 cylinder engine every piston is revolving at the same relative speed at any given rpm. You should have edited you underlings work. Thanks, Jim
Kurt

North Tonawanda, NY

#2 Mar 3, 2012
Tom a few years ago you coverted a car to run on E85. I did not see a follow up on the story. Did running the car on E85 harm the engine? Thanks Kurt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dodge ram sucks!!! (Oct '10) Sep 15 Buster 335
News Krause accused of overcharging for vehicles Aug 31 Cheryl johnson 1
News FCA resumes minivan output at Ontario plant as ... Aug 31 Mother Nature 1
5.2L engine Swap Aug 30 Leo 1
Dodge Ram 1500 5.2L engine swap (Feb '09) Aug 22 Maggie 56
News What's it Like to Drive the 840 hp Dodge Demon? Jul '17 Moparblues 2
Japanese/Korean Cars Suck!!! (Oct '10) Jul '17 Mopar man 24
More from around the web