First Drive: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

First Drive: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan

There are 293 comments on the Motor Trend story from Aug 2, 2007, titled First Drive: 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan. In it, Motor Trend reports that:

The Entertainer: It's an all-new minivan. And an amusement park on wheels. Photography by Julia LaPalme, Chrysler Don't be surprised, should you become the owner of a 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan , if your kids ... via Motor Trend

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Motor Trend.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
2008 caravan owner

Kanata, Canada

#297 Feb 23, 2008
... We looked at all other vans and they are not of the same quality, comfort or feature level as the caravan for the price. I even wonder if they use the same gauges of steel in the japanese vehicles to keep the weight down. Caravan has a 7 year bumper to bumper warranty and is undercoated for the same and costs 10K less than any other.

I hope Chrysler can resolve these issues.

Oh my two year old Acura had a cracked cowlking cover and other new car issues so I think there are lemons in every line.

I wish the people posting would take the time to post information based on real experiences vs ad hoc bs.

Other consumers appreciate our information to help them make the right buying decisions. wish I could find more user experiences.
Truckin

AOL

#298 Feb 23, 2008
oh yes the the new chrysler T&C and dodge grand caravan are GREAT...if you enjoy driving a HEARSE! HA HA HA
jake axcles

Bradford, Canada

#299 Mar 3, 2008
You Suck Baldy That info sucks shit man you suck badly ok so comit suiside outside your balls and around your asscrack so GET A LIFE!
jmgrifin

United States

#300 Mar 20, 2008
have 2000 chrysler t&3, 70,000 miles...new fuel lines, new power steering, new serpentine belts...all of this 6 months after warranty ran out...also had 2000 dodge dakota, 2 weeks after fuel lines were replaced on t&c they had to be replaced on truck. seems there just might of been a defective fuel line made for these dodge chrysler products. dakota only had 48,000 miles fuel lines on 2001 were made with different materials,,,,seems rather fishy.

Since: Feb 08

Andover, CT

#301 Mar 20, 2008
I like the way chrysler designed the new minivans, just my 2 cents there.
bush

Montmorenci, IN

#302 Mar 20, 2008
jmgrifin wrote:
have 2000 chrysler t&3, 70,000 miles...new fuel lines, new power steering, new serpentine belts...all of this 6 months after warranty ran out...also had 2000 dodge dakota, 2 weeks after fuel lines were replaced on t&c they had to be replaced on truck. seems there just might of been a defective fuel line made for these dodge chrysler products. dakota only had 48,000 miles fuel lines on 2001 were made with different materials,,,,seems rather fishy.
More than likely their service department was ripping you off for so called repaires.

Since: Feb 08

Andover, CT

#303 Mar 21, 2008
It is alot better looking than most of the minivans on the market although Im not intersted in one...
Don

Spokane, WA

#304 Mar 23, 2008
Picked up the 2008 Grand Caravan 4L and love it - except - Headrests tip too far forward - always hit my head - squared off rear end collects dirt badly - must not have tried the wind tunnel. Am researching some kind of wind deflector to see if that will help. Mileage is up to 23 - same as my 2005 3.8L. which I loved except for the leather seats were uncomfortable. 2008 leather seats are quite comfortable - think we will enjoy travelling.
VanMan

Dresher, PA

#305 Apr 7, 2008
I own the 2008 Caravan. Love to drive in my new living room. Love the 4 liter motor. Have a MyGig system, but wish Dodge would not limit the use and ability while driving. Although, its always a liability issue with everyone. If looking for a new vehicle I would suggest you drive this puppy before anything else.
dallas916

Las Vegas, NV

#306 Jan 15, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
The 2008 Carvan is a POS (I'm an engineer on the program). There are SOOOOO many issues that are not being made known to news media or the general public. Most of the problems are electrical/software in nature but there sure are some mechanical issues too! One in particular: when you run the A/C and park the Carvan, the "sweat" from the A/C litteraly RUNS straight onto the steaming hot exhaust pipe. Does anyone know what cold water being thrown onto a hot pipe does to the pipe? Expecially over the 'life' of the Caravan... Recall city my friends!
Maybe when you can spell "Caravan" we'll believe you're an injuneeer.
Water on the exhaust? So what?! My '96 originally had all the main connectors right under the battery --- where the acid corroded and destroyed the main harness connections.
IDIOTS!
tourer Caravan Insura

Bangalore, India

#308 Oct 5, 2010
The above thought is smart and doesnít require any further addition. Itís perfect thought from my side.
==========
Annie Thomas
tourer Caravan Insura

Bangalore, India

#309 Oct 5, 2010
The above thought is smart and doesnít require any further addition. Itís perfect thought from my side.
==========
Annie Thomas

[url=http://www.1caravans.com] tourer Caravan Insura[/url]
Juju67

Reedville, VA

#311 Sep 24, 2012
Yes it is a POS. It bought one brand new in April 2008. By August 2008 I had to get a new transmission put in it. Three weeks later a new alternator. Then a year later new wheel bearrings. This van goes through brakes in record time. The power side dooors don't work properly, they pop open constantly, even after having them fixed,(that was one of about 5 recalls so far). Now the TPM has to be replaced.(I started the vehicle and all the electrical components went crazy,(wipers front & rear going full speed and spraying fluid non-stop, door locks locking & unlocking non-stop, horn blaring non-stop, radio and all lights on the dashboard flashing. Then when I took the key out...it kept going crazy. I tried to drive it 1 mile to where my husband was so he could try to stop it, and every time I pushed (very gently) on the gas pedal the RPM's revved up to between 4&5. The dealer says it will cost just under $500 to fix it. CHRYSLER NEEDS TO PAY FOR THIS!! Appearently this is a very common problem because after describing the problem to the dealer, the parts manager at the dealer said "It's an 08 Caravan isn't it?" Then gave me a knowing look like yeah we've seen this a lot. I do not trust this vehicle any more. I carry around several children to school & after school activities and I don't feel safe any more.
Anonymous wrote:
The 2008 Carvan is a POS (I'm an engineer on the program). There are SOOOOO many issues that are not being made known to news media or the general public. Most of the problems are electrical/software in nature but there sure are some mechanical issues too! One in particular: when you run the A/C and park the Carvan, the "sweat" from the A/C litteraly RUNS straight onto the steaming hot exhaust pipe. Does anyone know what cold water being thrown onto a hot pipe does to the pipe? Expecially over the 'life' of the Caravan... Recall city my friends!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ask the Auto Doctor (Mar '08) 15 hr Djmcc4957890 19
2005 dodge magnum red light no start 16 hr Djmcc4957890 2
dodge ram sucks!!! (Oct '10) Feb 10 chacho 347
News Buying used: Should we opt for a Honda Odyssey ... Jan 31 EdC 3
EUROPEAN cars suck!!! (Feb '08) Jan '18 AMERICANeuropean 94
News Chrysler vans get free DVD system (Apr '07) Jan '18 FART GRAB 2
Dodge Dakota 2002 4.7 motor swap with 2014 dodg... Jan '18 Clay bailey 1
More from around the web