Clunking noise when turning corners

Clunking noise when turning corners

Posted in the Dodge Stratus Forum

joeclean

Chicago, IL

#1 Mar 2, 2006
I just put new rotors and pads on the front of my '01, and replaced a wheel bearing. Before I did this, I've been hearing a slight noise when a go around a corner, and it changes from one side to the other if I turn the other direction. I've jacked up the car many times looking for wear and tear, but have
found none that is obvious to me. Any help would be nice.
Thanks
Joe
Robert Wilson

Phoenix, AZ

#2 Mar 6, 2006
Try checking your CV joints. if it's still under warranty, those will be covered. take it to a dodge dealer, see what they say... i think it's the CV joints. that's what it sounds like to me, not being able to drive/hear it.
Angela

United States

#3 Jun 19, 2006
I had the same issue. I ended up taking it to the dealership and I was told something about a Caliper Pin being loose. They fixed it and the noise went away.. However, about 6 months later.. the noise returned.. I must say i've had more problems with this car than any other i've ever owned.. Problems from engine to the noise.. most recently a Crank Sensor went bad.. My car is a 2003 and only have 42K miles on it.. I feel really disgused these days.. I wouldn't recommmend the Dodge Stratus to anyone..
Jennie

Johnson City, TN

#4 Jun 28, 2006
If I were you, I would take it back to dealership or where it was fixed before- and make sure everything is secure first , the wheel bearing may not be secured... Angela you suck I love the stratus- and i think maybe you are doing something with it driving it wrong or something was in an accident or wrong with it when you got it b/c that is definitley not this typical car...
Brian

Elko, MN

#5 Jul 8, 2006
Jennie wrote:
If I were you, I would take it back to dealership or where it was fixed before- and make sure everything is secure first , the wheel bearing may not be secured... Angela you suck I love the stratus- and i think maybe you are doing something with it driving it wrong or something was in an accident or wrong with it when you got it b/c that is definitley not this typical car...
Actually I own a 2000 Stratus......I regret ever signing the papers. I have had more problems with my Stratus then any other car I have ever owned. Motor problems, drive train problems, interior defects, Electrical problems, you name it, its probablly new on my car. I went online recently to find out if it was me or if this happened to anyone else. Turns out, I found and printed off 21 pages of complaints about the stratus, all the way from 95 to 05, and only 4 pages of people bragging it up. I'm sure yours does run and drive great. Heck, a couple of them had to to keep producing them for so long, but over all the car sucks, and I strongly recommend that if you can afford to buy a different car and sell yours........do it. Don't wait any longer, the more you wait the more that WILL go wrong. Plus, the value never goes up, so your losing money by holding on to it while paying to fix it. Thats just my opinion though, i'm sure you'll get plenty more.
Bryant

Blountville, TN

#6 Aug 25, 2006
I had the same problem, All it is is the inner fenderwell interfiering with the struts while cornering. 2 rivets put an enbd to the noise. Use ALLDATA for a diagram
John

AOL

#7 May 20, 2007
I haave a 2004 Dodge Stratus.Had the same problem.Bought the car with 18k miles on it.com plaind to the dealer about the noise they couldn't find anything wrong.I personaly just changed the rotors and pads at 57k.I notice that who ever changed the brakes before I bought the car,Put the inside brake pads on the wrong sides of the car,they are marked R for rightside and L for leftside.The brakes are 100% better.
Johnathon

Federal Way, WA

#8 Aug 20, 2007
My buddies gf has 1976 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 6 inch lift and when she turn corners to the right a loud clunking noice announces its self on the drivers side i dont know much about chevys more of a ford guy myself anyone have any ideas?

Since: Sep 07

South Lake Tahoe, CA

#9 Sep 15, 2007
hey if you need any parts/// i am parting out my 2002 dodge stratus and the parts fit 2001-2005
Leann22

Frisco, TX

#10 Oct 26, 2010
Jennie wrote:
I also own the same car and regret it everyday! 2 other people I know have had the same issues! These cars are crap!!! I've never spent so much on a car, and put so much more into it. It's ridiculous!!!!!
rls

Greenwood, IN

#11 Dec 3, 2011
Johnathon wrote:
My buddies gf has 1976 3/4 ton chevy 4x4 6 inch lift and when she turn corners to the right a loud clunking noice announces its self on the drivers side i dont know much about chevys more of a ford guy myself anyone have any ideas?
I suggest you go to a Chevy forum and not a forum for Dodge, you might have better luck there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Stratus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2.7 to 3.2 conversion in a 2001 stratus. (Oct '12) Aug 2 jordanhgn23 2
dodge strattus engine swap Aug 2 jordanhgn23 2
Love the body, I want more power Jun '16 TriDigit Speedometer 1
2006 Stratus shifter is stuck Apr '16 Gary 1
2005 stratus power steering punp Mar '16 Shuff2249 1
Won't start Mar '16 Kkell 1
horn location Mar '16 mannyk 1
More from around the web