Radio needs reinitializing, I need codes

Posted in the Dodge Sprinter Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Greg Aanes

United States

#1 Aug 13, 2007
I disconnected my battery on my 2006 Sprinter 2500 van, reconnected the battery and the radio needs a code, the manual doesn't say what that might be, only how to enter it. Any help out there?
Jon Craven

Newport, NJ

#2 Aug 17, 2007
I had the same problem when I bought my Sprinter. The code was on a card in the glove compartment. It was fixed to the door.
Bill Gees MA

Holbrook, MA

#4 Nov 17, 2007
Seems these are as much trouble to the owner as someone stealing the radio... My Sprinter RADIO is stuck on WAIT and has been for a lot longer than the 10 minutes stated in the manual.

Since: Nov 07

South Africa

#5 Dec 8, 2007
phone your dealer and give him the vin no.
he contacts mercedes/dodge/freightliner and they provide the code for security reasons only to the dealers.
Geolink Wine

Amity, OR

#6 Aug 12, 2008
These things suck. who ever heard of a security code for an AM/FM cassette unit? 15 years outdated it would have to be a pretty stupid thief...
now mine is stuck on "wait" also and won't reactivate.

Since: Aug 08

Withee, WI.

#7 Aug 13, 2008
Greg Aanes wrote:
I disconnected my battery on my 2006 Sprinter 2500 van, reconnected the battery and the radio needs a code, the manual doesn't say what that might be, only how to enter it. Any help out there?
If you take out the radio, the 5 digit code is on the back. Write the number in your manual, so you will always have it.

Now back in, it is flashing "Enter Code", use the up/down station selection arrows to enter the code. It will take 2 or 3 seconds to gather data and then be ok.

You can call a dealer also for the code, they will give the universal one, but this may not work, mine didn't.

Good luck
engine guy

Chicago, IL

#8 Dec 21, 2008
how do u take out the radio
Joe

Saint Petersburg, FL

#9 Mar 31, 2009
Jim Fedex wrote:
Go to that link:http://www.berrysprinter. com/sprinterinfo.php
and find radio code by vin#.
Good luck!
Hay this worked for me. I changed the Battery and the radio guit. Once I found this site it only took 10 minutes and I had the radio working.
Joe in Florida

Since: Feb 09

Shreveport, LA

#10 Apr 6, 2009
do write down your code as soon as possible, it beats looking for it lator, really dead battery, or a change of battery and you will need it. i didnt know it was on the back of radio.
V Sprinter

United States

#11 Oct 28, 2009
james cox wrote:
do write down your code as soon as possible, it beats looking for it lator, really dead battery, or a change of battery and you will need it. i didnt know it was on the back of radio.
Sorry to cut in here, but, we have a 2004 Sprinter, and have had to use the code twice before, worked like a charm. But now, the code will not work, and we can't figure out how to get it working again (radio). Any ideas? Thanks so much for your time!
jimmy foster fedex

Cordova, TN

#12 Nov 10, 2009
Jim Fedex wrote:
Good luck!
berrysprinter is awesome!!!!!!! codes work and cheepest on sprinter parts!!!!!!!!
Thanks

Ocoee, FL

#13 Jul 6, 2010
Jim Fedex wrote:
Good luck!
Thanks for the info, it was very helpful.
Thanks!!
dave

Ryde, UK

#14 Aug 23, 2010
engine guy wrote:
how do u take out the radio
With radio keys maybe?
billy blue balls

Lexington, SC

#15 Sep 3, 2010
there are 2 special tools to remove radio,if wait stays on longer than 15 minutes more than likly radio is toast,also for any radio issues there is a 10 amp mini fuse on the back of the radio,but you must remove radio to get to it,and most important,i always write radio code on the inside of drivers seat fuse box cover when ever i work on one
Done entering code

Fairbanks, AK

#16 Jun 24, 2011
I used the dials to enter code (44642). The last digit ('2') is still blinking. How do I let the radio know that I am done entering the code? What's the next step?
Done entering code

Fairbanks, AK

#17 Jun 24, 2011
After entering the code, press down the AM/FM button for 5 seconds.

This isn't obvious; and why this is not in the owner's manual is beyond me. The Dodge Sprinter is certainly over-engineered; and these little things can be frustrating. But sooner or later, you'll figure out all the little kinks. It took me 6 months just to figure out the damn locks!
bogski

London, UK

#18 Aug 2, 2011
OK! How about flashing red LED - Anti-theft system light. How can I enter the code when radio does not want to switch on?
pete m

Manchester, UK

#19 Aug 8, 2011
i've got an 04 sprinter and don't know how to set the code on radio, no manual when van was bought can anyone help
nate4843

Stafford, TX

#20 Aug 10, 2011
do i need a special tool to remove my radio from my cloumbia freightliner truck
SliderGirl

Fort Myers, FL

#21 Dec 15, 2011
www.berrysprinter.com does have some codes. It had codes for 3 out of 5 of our trucks. Apparently you must hold down the FM button for about 20 seconds until the radio takes the code.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Sprinter Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mass airflow sensor (Nov '13) Dec 3 Haddie12 5
oil warning light shows high,but is OK on stick (Jan '08) Nov 16 manu 15
sprinter transmission shifting issue (May '13) Nov 16 junior12us 17
Glow Plugs (Feb '10) Oct '17 Tony 59
ABS and ESP sensors (Dec '10) Oct '17 Abco Mechanical LLC 45
Loss of engine power (Oct '09) Oct '17 Adil Aljasmy 137
2004 Dodge 2500 2.7L after I shut it off I have... (Jun '17) Oct '17 Deanoshiro 9
More from around the web