Door Locks Not Working?

Since: Mar 12

Columbus, OH

#1 Mar 18, 2012
I have a 2004 dodge ram 3500. I believe water got in the door and got on/in one of the door latch actuators, burning it out and sending a signal to the other latch actuators which also burned then out. My rear doors were frozen (I couldn't even manually unlock them) and my passenger front door would lift the lock up when the door handle was pulled out, and lock when the door handle was pushed down. My driver door would open manually with the key. So I replaced all of the door latch actuators except for the front driver side door (I had to stick I thin piece of wood down the door panel and manually open the rear doors). Now all of the doors will unlock and lock manually, but they will only unlock with the power locks and keyless entry, minus the driver side front door. They will not lock with the power locks or keyless entry. If the doors are unlocked, i have to manually lock them all, except for the driver front door. The driver front door will respond to the powerlocks, both to lock and unlock. Its the other 3 doors that are the problem. All of the fuses are fine. Someone said something to me about there being a lock box or lock control unit that might be burnt out? But I don't know where this is located. Also, the power seats aren't working. I'm not sure if this is related or not, but it happened at the same time as the locks going bad. Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Ram 3500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
front end shaking on dodge 3500 (Apr '08) Aug '17 12ram4x4 132
2017 Ram 3500 Diesel Torque rating? Aug '17 Just wondering 1
tachometer drop off and no boost Jul '17 johndoe 1
Manual trans difficult to get into gear Jul '17 Okie 1
dodge ram 3500 powertrain drive shaft universal... (Jan '07) Jun '17 Bernie 61
suspension (Nov '16) Nov '16 glennc 1
dodge ram 2500 (Sep '16) Sep '16 rafael 1
More from around the web