Dodge 2001 cummins 4wd. Walkes the r...

Dodge 2001 cummins 4wd. Walkes the road continuously

Posted in the Dodge Ram 3500 Forum

Darrell

Georgetown, TX

#1 Jan 23, 2012
Have replaced ball jopints and stableizer rod.
It still walkes the rode very badly.
xr42a

Vicksburg, MI

#2 Feb 2, 2012
check lower ball joints. 1)get the front of vehicle off the ground.jack stand both sides at frame behind front wheels.2)have a friend use a pry bar(3-4ft. long) under each wheel and have him pull up and then release.(not to much pressure)when he releases pull down on wheel and 3)watch the lower ball joint.

any movement is a bad ball joint!!!

(independant front suspension)

hope this helps.
xr42a

Vicksburg, MI

#3 Feb 2, 2012
list of things 2 check that I can think of;
bad bushings
manual lock out 1; locked 1; not
bad spring mounts front or rear
broken spring front or rear
upper ball joints
track bar?(not stabalizer)(from frame to front axil)

while truck is up on stands,shake wheels(not the steering wheel),front to back watch tie rod ends. any movement you have a bad outer tie rod end.(or inner tie rod end,track bar,drag link.)

pitman arm;broke,bent,loose,

steering box; truck on ground, asst.shake steering back and fourth, watch front wheel. you want the wheel to just move back and forth. look at steering wheel, should be about 1-2" of shake.

bad craftmanship;manufacture bent broken or bad management (ok lets be fair) worker laziness

the road;bent broke unlevel

its all in your head; hold the steering still when driving (yes,in my exploits,I have run into this problem,wife,long story!!)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Ram 3500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
dodge ram 3500 powertrain drive shaft universal... (Jan '07) May '16 Brooklyn 58
2016 3500 shortbox Apr '16 glenn 1
Tighten parking brake cable on 2004 ram 2500 Feb '16 Ricky 1
O6 front differential shot Jan '16 Peter Conroy 1
front end shaking on dodge 3500 (Apr '08) Oct '15 ron1930 131
How to fix brake resavoir (Sep '15) Sep '15 Hugh 1
Vic (Jun '15) Jun '15 vs2006megacab 1
More from around the web