dodge ram 3500 2007 u-joint dont pay...

dodge ram 3500 2007 u-joint dont pay the price

Posted in the Dodge Ram 3500 Forum

jason the helper

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Oct 2, 2008
After the rear U- joint on my Boss' truck went out at 100000 mi. I called the auto parts store and they didnt have any U-joints for the truck . I then called Dodge dealership and was told the U-joint was $108 . I told them that seemed very high for a U-joint and I did not buy that one . I did some research and measured the end cap bearings and lenghth of the u joint and found a website the told me all the sizes and makers of u joints . I then found that spice made a u-joint for the application I was looking for .I called around and found that napa sold the u-joint (napa part number P358) for about $35 . I bought three that napa had in stock and still payed $3 less then Dodges one for $108 . I hope this helps some one save alittle money .
chris

Jacksonville, FL

#2 Oct 2, 2008
thanks for the info
Paula

Monclova, OH

#3 Jan 9, 2009
Does this work for all model years of Dodge pickups or just certain years?
Wild Bill Johnson Mt

United States

#4 Jan 19, 2009
Hay I well give you a little credit for at least looking around for "after mareket parts" in stead of buying from the dealer & dont let'em fool you they don't make them. They buy from a bearring company. As do the parts house's & Napa & Car quest are always high on there price's! So where do you go to really save some money?
The same place they all buy from bearing supply
just look in the yellow pages & they well be glad to help you when the other guys tell you discontinued. They may have it on the shelf or in the whare house. So SAVE some money & go to the source!!!!!!!!!!
Not so Fast

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2010
I tried this and it was to small. Wasn't long enough. Had to go through dodge.
2007 Oklahoma

Haslet, TX

#6 Aug 5, 2012
I had the same thing happen to me on the Hiway at night. The next day I hitch-hiked to the next town and found a napa. They gave me the Cheeper one and it's still good. Did I mention I just replaced the same unoint a week before with a dodge part? Anyways he is right you can most often find these parts and other bearings and seals at your local bearing dealer. Some towns won't have em but most do. I got mine in a little town of 40,000 people. So there you go. Also when I purchased my first dodge I went to a cummins class at a cummins dealer/big trucks. They had a class set up for people like us who drive dodges with cummins. They give you history and a ton of usefull information,also they sell filters there at the shop,a little Cheeper than anywhere else. So if you have a little extra cash stock up on oil filters, fuel filters, bearings and U-joints instead of spending too much.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Ram 3500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
DEF usage Wed novak6931 1
dodge ram 3500 powertrain drive shaft universal... (Jan '07) May '16 Brooklyn 58
2016 3500 shortbox Apr '16 glenn 1
Tighten parking brake cable on 2004 ram 2500 (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ricky 1
O6 front differential shot (Jan '16) Jan '16 Peter Conroy 1
front end shaking on dodge 3500 (Apr '08) Oct '15 ron1930 131
How to fix brake resavoir (Sep '15) Sep '15 Hugh 1
More from around the web