2002 dodge ram 2500 w/ cummins diesel...

2002 dodge ram 2500 w/ cummins diesel/automatic

Posted in the Dodge Ram 2500 Forum

harry

Pincher Creek, Canada

#1 Jan 20, 2008
when cruising and wanting more power for a hill nothing happens when the accelerator is pushed. also pulling away from a stop there is often no response, almost as if it is unable to shift out of the highest gear. if i go to neutral and get the engine revs up then go back int gear it works fine. any ideas out there??? of course it never shows symptoms at the dealers.
trouble shooting codes

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Apr 1, 2008
I just cleaned my battery posts on my 2002 dodge diesel ram 2500 and now my truck will not start.
I looked in the fuel filter canister and there is no fuel in it.
I don't know if a blow a fuse or what. when I turn the key on I get a code across where the your miles show up on the dash.( P ECU and P Done )
does any one know what this means ?
Robert

Houston, TX

#3 Nov 13, 2008
The diesel fuel blows back while fueling.The proublem seems to be foaming. how do I get this to stop? It take 15 mins. to fuel up to prevent spills
have

Duncanville, TX

#4 Mar 26, 2009
trouble shooting codes wrote:
I just cleaned my battery posts on my 2002 dodge diesel ram 2500 and now my truck will not start.
I looked in the fuel filter canister and there is no fuel in it.
I don't know if a blow a fuse or what. when I turn the key on I get a code across where the your miles show up on the dash.( P ECU and P Done )
we have same problem with our 2003
mike

Portsmouth, VA

#5 Sep 19, 2009
harry wrote:
when cruising and wanting more power for a hill nothing happens when the accelerator is pushed. also pulling away from a stop there is often no response, almost as if it is unable to shift out of the highest gear. if i go to neutral and get the engine revs up then go back int gear it works fine. any ideas out there??? of course it never shows symptoms at the dealers.
injection pump going out 2000.00 to fix nice
herson

Bound Brook, NJ

#6 Jul 13, 2010
2001 2500 dodge ram truck will not start.
when I turn the key on I get a code across where the your miles show up on the dash.( P ECU and P Done )
wajones

Luther, OK

#7 Aug 1, 2011
harry wrote:
Have you changed your fuel filter lately?
I would have your injector pump and lift pump checked. Lift pump should have constant 7 PSI
Lift pump $150; injector pump start at $2500
Stein

Haslet, TX

#8 May 13, 2013
I replaced my injector pump, lift pump, and new fuel filter and have trouble starting it runs awesome runnin down the road but when I kill it it acts like its starving for fuel.
2002 Dodge 24 valve
Ian

Riverside, CA

#9 Jun 6, 2013
I have an 02 dodge 24 valve that threw some codes today Like p1757 an p1693 what do they mean an how can I fix them. Thanks Ian
Tyler

Spokane, WA

#10 Feb 14, 2014
i have an 02 24 valve cummins and i just got back from a 5 month deployment and the truck wont start. i changed the batteries already still nothing. its getting power but when i turn the key it just clicks once and wont turn over. any ideas?
brad

Lewisville, TX

#11 Sep 25, 2014
Tyler wrote:
i have an 02 24 valve cummins and i just got back from a 5 month deployment and the truck wont start. i changed the batteries already still nothing. its getting power but when i turn the key it just clicks once and wont turn over. any ideas?
change the starter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Ram 2500 Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Codes (May '15) May '15 Kyle2222 1
2014 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 lt Diesel (Oct '14) Nov '14 4boxrs 2
off road use - ram 2500 (May '13) May '13 Bebeto 1
98 questions (Mar '13) Mar '13 Revenski 1
News Big is back: As pump prices plunge, SUV sales s... (Dec '08) Mar '12 Eff Big Oil 74
Dodge Ram 2500 model year 2011 front skid plate (Aug '11) Aug '11 Chachie of Atchaf... 1
News Should the boy scouts allow gay parents to be d... (Jun '09) Feb '11 Cartman 15
More from around the web