oil light comes on at idle.. help

oil light comes on at idle.. help

Posted in the Dodge Neon Forum

Ih8myneon

Calgary, Canada

#1 May 24, 2010
i have a 2001 LE (i think... its been debadged)the oil light keeps comming on when ever the car is at idle, but goes out when under load. and this only starts happening after the car heats up. any ideas?

also... how do you get the ignition engen codes on a standard?
hellcat1988

Gary, MN

#2 May 25, 2010
The reason the light comes on when the car is warm and at idol is either because the oil is low (when it's cold it's thicker, so the pump is able to push it harder and keep up nominal pressure) or the sensor is bad. Check your oil level and add some if needed. If it's not low, then you need to replace the sensor. If it's like the first gens, the sensor is on the back of the engine on the driver side, near the passenger cv shaft. I'm not sure how much it will cost to replace because I haven't done one on a second gen yet but I'd find the cause of the problem quick if I were you. If the engine is run without adequate oil for log enough it'll seize or blow a rod.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Neon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Broken Timing Belt - replaced but still won't run (Apr '12) 19 hr DanTHEman 8
95 neon turns over but wont start (Sep '06) May 23 williams 25
2005 Dodge Neon SXT instrument panel lights May 22 Hgamad 1
2003 Neon Cranks, but will not start (Dec '10) May 20 Tim 4
where the heck is the fuel filter?? (Sep '06) May 20 paul j 71
2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and ... (Aug '09) May 19 corey 181
2003 neon no ignition power heater works but th... May 18 tj lippy 1
More from around the web