2004 neon sxt electrical problem

2004 neon sxt electrical problem

Posted in the Dodge Neon Forum

brian

United States

#1 Dec 16, 2012
The deal engine went out had it changed then had a prob with tail lights the break light worked but tail lights didn't so i looked for the prob saw that the fuse was blown changed it but it immediately blew again it also goes to the dash panel so i take it out i look at all wires cant find a problem i put the panel back in but upside down while power was on my stupidity put it back on right and left fuse out and cut wires to tail lights and wired them straight to the running lights anyway i got codes that the dash was going out and the red anti theft light would come on then the car started to not want to start but it didn't matter if the red light was on or not and i tried to have the engine light read again but it won't connect and the key trick won't work either took it to a shop they said it was the computer and changed it and told me the dash panel needed to be changed to so i did that but im still having same problem so in thinking a wire problem some where or is there an external part that operates the dash besides the computer maybe prob there im lost and need help
brian

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2012
Also iv noticed that if i hit the Side of the dash really hard the next time i try to start it usually starts but not every time
Robert

North Pole, AK

#3 Aug 14, 2013
Which fuse is for the a/c adapter

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Neon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 SXT issues. 10 hr dzuniga770 1
2004 neon wont start just clicks 18 hr Sunshine0214 2
Neon Knocking (Oct '06) Fri Decan 48
96 neon cranks but wont turn over (Oct '06) Aug 27 David 41
2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and ... (Aug '09) Aug 26 ZacAttack 166
2000 Dodge Neon - No Start, No Sound, Not Battery (Jun '11) Aug 25 Jaebrown23 13
2000 Dodge Neon clutch problem (Jan '07) Aug 23 robert1972 13
More from around the web