Kimberly

Newbury, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2011

My 2005 dodge neon takes on water in the trunk and passenger side front floor board. If any of you neon owners have this problem call 1-888-327-4236 (us dot) and file your cmplaint. If enough people complain then a recall will be put in place and chrysler will have to fix the problem and if you have it fixed they will have to reimberse you the cost.
debi

Somerset, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2011

i bought a 1996 neon and it smells like meldew in the trunk, there is a leak in my truck by the rear lights and also on the passenger side back floor it gets wet!!
Jill

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2011

I own a 2002 dodge neon and found about 1" of water in the spare tire compartment. Anyone know if its a simple fix? Should I have my dad drill a hole in the floor.(A bailout in the literal sense)
Beverlee

Robinsonville, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2011

I bought a 2003 Dodge Neon SXT Feb 2011. I've been having problems with the spare tire hole filling with water. It even over flowed under the back seat into the floor board of the entire car. I thought it was because I was tilted to the right when I parked. I recently got into the trunk with a flash light and had some one spray the car with a hose. I discovered water was leaking from the tail lights. I think there is a flaw in the design. The gaskets absorb water and loose their seal. I bought 2 new gaskets and sprayed with KWIK silicon spray. I'm going to put 2 coats to hopefully stop the water asorbtion. I'm also going to apply a bead of caulk around the gasket to improve the seal. Hope to update with my results
Sheila

Lincoln Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2011

Glad I found this site! My 2002 Neon has water leaking from somewhere into the floors in the back seat area. Even after putting the car in the garage to avoid rain it leaks. It smells very moldy. Our trunk feels dry. Will check out the tail lights & spare tire compartment. My husband just took out the spare tire, which is slimy....guess what? Lots of water in the compartment! Going to try Beverlee's suggestions from Oct. 12....thank you Beverlee from Memphis!:) Will try to update with our results....
Dianna

Westminster, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Yep same thing... Waiting on updates if the replacements and double seals work? The light was already replaced hoping to fix the problem, but can't see where it is coming in from now. Could there be another leak on top of the lights? AHHG. Tired of drying out the trunk :-/
Ditto

Miamisburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2011

Same thing with ours, standing water in the trunk. Liquid nails'd both taillights all the way around. I'll never be able to take them out, but I can still change bulbs just fine. And no more water, with a dry useable trunk. Easy, permanent fix :-)
Erick

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2013

Yes my 1998 dodge neon is filled with water in the left rear floor board..
joe

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2013

have a 2002. 2 years ago in WA we had an especially rainy and snowy season, my carpet was soaked up to the gas pedal, with an inch of standing water in the back seat. Turned out to be the rear light gaskets. I replaced them, pretty cheap from the dodge dealer and they have once again began to fail on me.
Heather

Mount Pleasant, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

I have 2002 dodge neon and I have been having water soaking the rear and drivers side floor board . My mechanic thinks its the seal by the front window door. I put a whole bunch of a waterproof silicone adhesive in there. No water up front but very wet behind the drivers seat on floor. Trunk dry? Any suggestions?
Ally

Erlanger, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2013

I just bought a 2002 dodge neon and I found water in the trunk where the spare tire is. so I sealed where the leak was coming from and now there is water behind the driver seat and the passenger seat and I have no clue where its coming from. Does anyone have any suggestions?
grandma in mts - Jan 2014

Centreville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 15, 2014

I bought a wet-dry vac at Walmart,$30; two tubes JB Weld SteelStik putty $4 each=&$8; and a tube of clear silicone you squeeze out without a caulk gun,$4. Under $50 with plastic gloves & paper towels thrown in. Then I pulled out the trunk's fake-carpet (you have to cut hard up against the back seats) to get the water out of spare-tire well. Vacuumed out the water. Siliconed around the taillights on the exterior without pulling them out. Rolled the putty like PlayDoh until it was soft & snake-like and pressed it on the inside sides of trunk, where rubber seal is, and where water dips down, into and under, the rubber seal, and into the trunk and then into the back passenger floor area. We got tons of rain for hours yesterday, and the car is dry today!
grandma in mts - Jan 2014

Crofton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2014

Two weeks later: Me again: It seems to be the GLUE holding the gasket seals in place that deteriorated, and wherever it did, rain got in, ran around the trunk seal until it could get in, landed in the spare tirewell, then crept into the back, depending where -how inclined you parked the car... So it's weeks later; we've had lots of rain and snow, and the car is still dry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dodge Neon Discussions

Search the Dodge Neon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
2000 Neon ECU/Computer Replacement--(died while... (Mar '08) 21 hr Paul 41
2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and ... (Aug '09) Mon tjl 117
2004 Dodge Neon SXT Problems (Sep '07) Mon ubermechman 252
Oil Pressure Switch Location (Aug '07) Apr 13 2002 dodge neon sxt 7
1998 Plymouth Neon No fuel getting into the fue... (Dec '11) Apr 7 tye 25
2002 dodge neon oil pump Apr 6 jim 1
dodge neon sxt Apr 6 charles 1
•••

Buy a New Car