alternator fuse
kim

Keenesburg, CO

#1 Oct 9, 2011
does anybody know where the alternator fuse would be located on a 2005 dodge neon
kim

Keenesburg, CO

#2 Oct 9, 2011
does anyone know where a 2005 dodge alternator fuse is located
Larissa

Grande Prairie, Canada

#3 Jan 18, 2012
I need The Same Answer Wheres the Alternator fuse located on a 2005 dodge sx 2.0
hellcat1988

Mahnomen, MN

#4 Jan 18, 2012
if it's like the first gen (95-99) then there ISN'T an alternator fuse. There is a fuse-able link (wire designed to melt and fail like a fuse) between the alternator and the starter.
Ants95neon

Saint Albans, WV

#5 Feb 3, 2013
What would be the color of the wire be cause that what could be my stalling problem when put into drive.
hellcat1988

Mahnomen, MN

#6 Feb 3, 2013
Here's a wiring diagram that shows the fusible link on a second gen neon. According to this diagram, it's black and grey. It goes from the generator to the starter motor. It should be pretty easy to spot on the picture. http://www.justanswer.com/uploads/spooge031/2...

I looked at Oreilly's auto parts online and they have special fuses for the second gen neons that might be your problem. Just search your year and make of car, then type in fusible link in the search box.

On the first gens, the wire is brown or black with a red stripe coming off the back of the alternator. It comes over the engine between the engine and trans under the air intake. Somewhere close to the starter it turns into a smaller gauge and has a blue stripe I believe. The part with the blue stripe is the fusible link. You can't just replace it with normal wire as it's made of a special metal to fail in the event that there's a short. It's hard to tell when it's failed because it doesn't actually come apart when it does fail. The easiest way to check it is to make sure you have 12 volts going to the back of the alternator when the car is off. A simple digital or even analog volt meeter will be able to show you if it's good or not. It's fairly thick wire as well, but don't bother trying to order it from a parts store. They don't have access to new fusible links. I've asked. If it has failed, you'll need to cut out the wire and install a new piece of wire with an in line fuse. I don't know for sure what the amp rating of the fuse is, but I'd start with a 90-100 amp fuse as the replacement alternators are 90 amp.
pollo

San Jose, CA

#7 Jul 18, 2016
where is the alternator on 2005 neon

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Neon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2004 Dodge Neon SXT Problems (Sep '07) 4 hr CHD 333
neon engine swap (Dec '06) Nov 28 Manuel sxt 111
2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and ... (Aug '09) Nov 21 Pauly 194
Dodge neon Nov 21 Smash 1
2000 Neon ECU/Computer Replacement--(died while... (Mar '08) Nov 13 Omar 51
05 neon won't start Nov 5 Jsal1 1
95 neon turns over but wont start (Sep '06) Nov 2 Quasar 30
More from around the web