boomer9924

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2008

Anyone know where the daytime lights module is located on the 98 neon. My daytime lights won't turn off after I shut the car off.
Jodee

Loma Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

DRL Module

The Daytime Running Lamp module is attached to a support brace on the underside of the instrument panel.
Virola2

Courtenay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2008

Jodee wrote:
DRL Module
The Daytime Running Lamp module is attached to a support brace on the underside of the instrument panel.
Do you know where it is located on a 1994 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo? My running lights won't shut off when I stop engine. I had to take out fuse to get them off. I thought it might be the DRL module?
Newfie

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Jodee wrote:
DRL Module
Could you be a litle more spicific please.
Under the hood?
Under dash next to light switch?
Please & Thanks YOu
Newfie

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2009

I found it for future ppl it's behind the ashtray. right side u can put needle nose pliers through hole to unplug as a temp fix.
Pat

Belle River, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2009

Take the radio out, you can reach in and unplug it.
Take the ashtray out, and you can fit a 3/8 socket in the 2 access holes and take off the 2 bolts securing it.
rayna

Winnipeg, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2010

My daytime running lights are not coming on
the emergency brake is off & the fuse is ok
Any ideas
1998 Neon
friostang

Eagle River, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Anyone have a pic of what the daylight running module looks like in the neon? Thanks
friostang

Eagle River, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2010

Anyone have a picture of the daylight running module in the dodge neon? 1998. Thanks
friostang

Eagle River, AK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2011

Thanks guys this site has been alot of help. The module is a square box located behind the ashtray just like this article says. Two screws hold it in place and removed from behind the radio. I removed it completely because I could not turn off my brights. It smelled burned out and leaking oily substance. This is not required in USA. So thank full to all. Have happy new year.
Barry

Edmonton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

I didn't need to remove it - I just unplugged it - problem solved!
Thanks to all who provided these helpful comments.
Rick

Port Coquitlam, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2011

I just had a very stinky short circuit in my 98 neon. The High beam indicator remained on all the time. The Head lights would only turn off when the battery or headlight switch was disconnected. I looked at a schematic and determined that it was the DRL Module. This forum assisted me in locating the faulty part, Thanks. I removed the DRL Module every thing is back to normal, except there are no Daylight Running Lights and no 'smell of burnt electrical parts'.
kenny

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

where is the module for high beams located and how do you get at it. My 99 neon high beem indicator is always on and the lights won't shut off when i turn the car off. I have to remove the fuse under the hood.

thanks kenny
kenny

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Rick wrote:
I just had a very stinky short circuit in my 98 neon. The High beam indicator remained on all the time. The Head lights would only turn off when the battery or headlight switch was disconnected. I looked at a schematic and determined that it was the DRL Module. This forum assisted me in locating the faulty part, Thanks. I removed the DRL Module every thing is back to normal, except there are no Daylight Running Lights and no 'smell of burnt electrical parts'.
You said you removed the DRL module. wher is it located

thanks kenny
hellcat1988

Twin Valley, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2011

Kenny, if your headlights won't turn off then it's the headlight switch itself. The high beam switch is controlled by the blinker. It's activated by pushing the blinker arm forward. The high beams won't turn on with just the brights activated because they are run through the headlight switch itself.
kenny

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

hellcat1988 wrote:
Kenny, if your headlights won't turn off then it's the headlight switch itself. The high beam switch is controlled by the blinker. It's activated by pushing the blinker arm forward. The high beams won't turn on with just the brights activated because they are run through the headlight switch itself.
So hellcat 1988 ru suggesting that the trouble is in the steering column when everyone else suggest that is the DLR module?
ken

Windsor, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2011

kenny wrote:
<quoted text>
So hellcat 1988 ru suggesting that the trouble is in the steering column when everyone else suggest that is the DLR module?
I found the daylight running module behind the radio. I got a new one and problem solved. Now the speedometer won't work.
Kenny
dillon

Liberty Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2012

hey i have a 98 dodge neon does any one happen to know why my nighttime running lights and dash lights and license plate light whent out at the same time and wont work any more all the fuses are fine and i bought a new headlight/running light switch i never smell burning wires either it happened after i put my stereo deck in with universal wiring harness??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the Dodge Neon Forum right now

Search the Dodge Neon Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
wiring harness in drivers & passengers front door 3 hr Ben 1
2004 Dodge Neon SXT Problems (Sep '07) Jul 27 kealoa1 266
96 neon cranks but wont turn over (Oct '06) Jul 24 Tonderayi 36
2000 dodge neon Jul 22 Mel 1
2004 dodge neon won't start (Jan '12) Jul 21 Courtney Miller 8
2005 Dodge neon sxt will not start. Lights and ... (Aug '09) Jul 18 Justine 125
Water leak (Oct '06) Jul 16 igounfazed 79
•••

Buy a New Car