how to reset the computer on 05 dodge...
Dodge Man

United States

#42 Mar 31, 2012
Tobacco-is-our-State-Bird wrote:
<quoted text>The transponder in the key fob doesn't communicate with the engine - it communicates with the ignition switch. You need to find someone who can properly diagnose the problem. The fact that you got an engine for $3000 installed makes me think that you did not get this done professionally - or certainly not with a engine that was re-manufactured. Dis you get this engine from a junk yard?
Actually, the transponder communicates with the VCM.
Dodge Man

United States

#43 Mar 31, 2012
Will wrote:
I have a 05 magnum rt 5.7L. My cruise control doesn't engage. The lights come on saying cruise is on. I have no check engine lights or system warnings. I tried pulling fuse #11 to reset and disconnect battery. What can make it not engage when I hit set?
Disregard the information I posted earlier regarding the cable and servo mechanism. That's old stuff.

The cruise is controlled by the PCM in the late model vehicles. The failure is probably there. You'll have to have the dealer perform a diagnostic on it to be sure. A code may, or may not be set.
talkwhatyouno

Staten Island, NY

#44 Apr 27, 2012
my anti-theif system is acting up after i replaced my bat.in the remote it started up then shut off 3 times how do i reset my anti-theif system???
pops7677

El Paso, TX

#45 Apr 29, 2012
im still having issues with my 2005 dodge magnum 5.7 car runs good is just when it gets to 25 mph it holds or hesitates a little and sometimes it dont do it at all,sometimes it does it at 40 mph and it also when i slow down and mae a turn it kicks in hard,i was told to flash the system,anybody outhere with the same issues or any help will be very greatfull.thanks

Since: Mar 07

Capitol Heights, MD

#46 May 1, 2012
pops7677 wrote:
im still having issues with my 2005 dodge magnum 5.7 car runs good is just when it gets to 25 mph it holds or hesitates a little and sometimes it dont do it at all,sometimes it does it at 40 mph and it also when i slow down and mae a turn it kicks in hard,i was told to flash the system,anybody outhere with the same issues or any help will be very greatfull.thanks
There are many things that can cause that. Sometimes, simple maintenance is ignored and you can get a symptom like that. Has the throttle body ever been cleaned? Have you replaced the fuel filter? Have you used BG44K (every 7500 miles is best) in the fuel system? I would tackle those things that need to be done on a perdiodic basis before throwing money at the car without direction.
Peteyp

Darby, PA

#47 Aug 15, 2012
I have a 2005 dodge magnum with a little over 80,000 miles I have to check the alternator the battery voltage and they both passed .now I need to know what can cause my head lights and my interior lights to surge.. I was reading online that the 05 dodge magnum needs a flash updated so I need to know if that is so or can it be a number of other reasons I check all fuses are fine um can somebody help me and let me know what can be causing this problem
James

Reynoldsburg, OH

#48 Sep 10, 2012
I have 2005 dodge magnum hemi rt The car makes A roughly Sound An also rattle noise as I push on the gas In hestation with the motor shaking in Cuts off And I had took it to autozone to get codes 456 An 442 An I thought was a egr valve but seem like it gave it some power a little but Still stalled out on me With lost power in my batt .

Capitol Heights, MD

#49 Oct 5, 2012
James wrote:
I have 2005 dodge magnum hemi rt The car makes A roughly Sound An also rattle noise as I push on the gas In hestation with the motor shaking in Cuts off And I had took it to autozone to get codes 456 An 442 An I thought was a egr valve but seem like it gave it some power a little but Still stalled out on me With lost power in my batt .
Codes will never tell you, just by the number, what part, if any, is failing. The code will indicate what part is AFFECTED by a condition. Consider this: IF there was a code that was read and the answer was 'Stereo', you wouldn't just go out and replace the radio. A technician who is even MARGINALLY good would know that for each CODE that is read, there is a diagnostic procedure that goes along with that code. The diagnostic tree must be followed, going through specific tests, in order, until the problem is found. In the case of the STEREO scenario, the 1st step may be to check the fuse. If you just went by the code, you would have replaced the radio - it still wouldn't work. If you go throuh the tests, then you would have found what is AFFECTING that part. And you would have replaced the fuse.

That's a simple example. But, when you do get your code(s) read for free at AutoZone, they will see the part that is affected. And, they WILL sell you the part. BUT, they have done nothing more for you than make your wallet a bit lighter. The most OVERSOLD (meaning UNNECESSARILY sold) part of all auto parts is the o2 sensor. Why? They read a CODE ONLY, saw the part - and replaced it --- without regard to the fact that a simple connector may have just been a bit corroded.
Jimmy

Galveston, TX

#50 Oct 6, 2012
I'm not sure how long ago you posted this, but I ran into the same problem when I had a copy of our only car key made for my wife. Unfortunately, I did not realize our key has a computer chip in it, and without the correct key, it will not start and keep running for more than a few seconds. It sucks, because replication keys from the dealership are like $150.

Capitol Heights, MD

#51 Oct 8, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
I'm not sure how long ago you posted this, but I ran into the same problem when I had a copy of our only car key made for my wife. Unfortunately, I did not realize our key has a computer chip in it, and without the correct key, it will not start and keep running for more than a few seconds. It sucks, because replication keys from the dealership are like $150.
Yep - You can copy the key - but that will only get you into the car, unlocking it manually.
riian

Eastpointe, MI

#53 Dec 9, 2012
I have a 05 magnum with a hemi. Lastnight i shut it down to go in the house cameback out to crank it and t didnt crank. I called triple A and they said all my batteries are good. I check the fuse box everything is good there. I just dontunderstand how it could just shut down and i was just driving it if its a kil switch siuation and anyon knows about please let me know.
isaac

Chicago, IL

#54 Dec 22, 2012
what is the standard idle for the magnum when set in park
Shelia

North Little Rock, AR

#55 Jan 25, 2013
When the battery was replaced on my 2005 Dodge Magnum my car radio/cd player quit working. What needs to be done to have this corrected?
Dodge Man

Tulsa, OK

#56 Feb 2, 2013
Shelia wrote:
When the battery was replaced on my 2005 Dodge Magnum my car radio/cd player quit working. What needs to be done to have this corrected?
Have you checked the fuse?
Sharon

Kansas City, MO

#57 Feb 16, 2013
mike wrote:
My 05 magnum sxt would not turn over. Anti theft light was on. I had a hunch and replaced battery in my key. It fired up no problem and has been good for a year. Now my headlights flicker and it occasionaly dies while driving then comes back on its own. Could this be the ecm ?
Thanks for your hunch it worked for me.
genius

United States

#58 Feb 28, 2013
Clean throttle body to get rid of electric sign on dash stop vehicle from cuttin off and check ur mass air flow sensor...since u already have a new throttle body
Mrorganplaya

United States

#59 Mar 28, 2013
I have a magnum rt 2005 .. I just replaced batt , alternator and starter .. My car won't crank , it won't even try to crank.. I turn the key and it just says nothing.. It acts almost as if my car was in gear while I tried to crank it....help someone!!
Dodge Man

United States

#60 Mar 30, 2013
Mrorganplaya wrote:
I have a magnum rt 2005 .. I just replaced batt , alternator and starter .. My car won't crank , it won't even try to crank.. I turn the key and it just says nothing.. It acts almost as if my car was in gear while I tried to crank it....help someone!!
There is a slight possibility your neutral safety switch in the transmission has failed, but you need to know where it is and how to check it.

Simple things first. Did you clean the battery cable ends before you installed them on the new battery? Check the ignition fuse in the power distribution module under the hood. Your owners manual will guide you here. Did you do anything to the vehicle prior to this issue presenting itself?

There are a number of other things that can cause the problem, but they are probably beyond your ability to troubleshoot. BTW, your alternator wouldn't keep your vehicle from starting. You wasted your money replacing it, unless it wasn't charging the battery. Throwing parts at a problem rarely ever does.

Since: Apr 13

Detroit, MI

#61 Apr 23, 2013
hemi82 wrote:
I have a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 and i think the brain needs to be reset due to it not running and giving alot of codes. The car is saying that all oOn the glasses pic i didnt even see the logo. I can repost it but u would have to put it in a diff location. Posting pics on ig only gives you so much room n it automatically cuts the pic off. I think it only 2 posted the other logo is Is showing... f my 02 sensors are bad. I tried unplugging the battery for over 5 hours but still nothing.
Hi. What did you do to get the (4) o2 codes to go away? Im having the same problem nd i cant figure it out. Thank you
Derrick

Rochester, MI

#62 Apr 27, 2013
my 05 dodge magnum keeps going into lump mode, it did this before but started working the next day, why is it doing this again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Magnum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2006 Dodge Magnum Nov 28 annie curtis 2
Check out the rims on this Magnum Oct '16 All 1
lightening bolt and gas pedal stops working whi... Aug '16 SamaraHolm22 1
Dodge magnum 2006 sxt 3.5 brake indicator light... (Mar '14) Aug '16 SamaraHolm22 2
steering Aug '16 macsmagnum 1
Roof rack weight capacity Aug '16 SteveDiscourse 1
2007 Dodge Magnum V6 2.7L (May '16) Jul '16 janet king 2
More from around the web