Rachet

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

Mt throttle light just started coming on as well as the Bsa light and the one above it I forget what its called. Then the car shut off and it cut back on. Then when I got home it just coasted I thought it was over then I cut the car off and cut it back on and all was well. Now the car seems to have the throttle light cut on and off when I come to a light not while i'm driving. Please help..
Vsmith

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2011

You have to take your car to da dealership and have them to reprogram da car and the key
shannon green

Greenwood, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2011

Rachet wrote:
Mt throttle light just started coming on as well as the Bsa light and the one above it I forget what its called. Then the car shut off and it cut back on. Then when I got home it just coasted I thought it was over then I cut the car off and cut it back on and all was well. Now the car seems to have the throttle light cut on and off when I come to a light not while i'm driving. Please help..
Same thing is happening with me. They replaced the throttle body but it is still messed up. They say the computer is going bad every time they reset it.
mike

Campbellford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

My 05 magnum sxt would not turn over. Anti theft light was on. I had a hunch and replaced battery in my key. It fired up no problem and has been good for a year. Now my headlights flicker and it occasionaly dies while driving then comes back on its own. Could this be the ecm ?
mike

Campbellford, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Not sure if the motor actually stops tho. I lose power to brakes and steering and all electrical then it all comes back in a few seconds and will run fine for a few weeks than will do it again.
Mike

Reynoldsburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 22, 2011

Forums keep me employed and my bills paid. Thanks to all.
Kenneysfixall

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2011

hemi82 wrote:
I have a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 and i think the brain needs to be reset due to it not running and giving alot of codes. The car is saying that all of my 02 sensors are bad. I tried unplugging the battery for over 5 hours but still nothing.
check ur key, if bad will activate anti theft , just happen in my 2006 magnum , starts , bit cuts rite off , even if pumping pedal
dodge magnum

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

you need to change the battery on your key....car start then cuts off about 5 times then nothing...its your key change battery in key
dodge magnum

East Orange, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2011

change key battery...alarm malfunctions and turns off car
Wulf Ward

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 24, 2011

About the starting problem first. I have a 05 Dodge Magnum with the 2.7 engine. When I worked on the injectors, repacing number 6, I had the partially remove the intake planum. It is held down on the drivers side with 2 brazes. I had the remove these brazes. It tale a 13 mm for the lower bolts. The rear one is difficult to get to and I did not remove the bold, I just moved it enough to get the upper 10 mm nut off that holds the planum.
The rear braze hold the groung cable and it became loose. I had a lot of starting problems after that until I figured out that the ground cable was loose. It's something to check out. Now my proble with the same car. I had a rat damage to the injector wires and I replaced all wires on the left side. After that #6 was still not firing. I get no check engine light, but the ETC light is on. I switched coils and repace the spark plugs on the left side. Stiil #6 does not fire. I replaced #6 injector and still no fire. All injectors get power, but they do not pulse. Still no check engine light and no codes. It idles fair, but it will not go over 3500 rpm and at 50 miles per hour the car rumbles like a bad driveshaft. The TCM light could come from the TPS inthe throttle body, but I cleaned it up and it looked like new after I re-installed it. To have the ECM rebuild will set me back about $ 300.00. What do you think?
pops7677

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2012

i have a 2005 dodge magnum 5.7 hemi car is runnin good just one issue, car has a hesitation when it gets between 20 and 40 is there a sensor that can be the caise of that or do i have to flash the system,or does the esp, bas, have to do somethin with that cause i cant seem to turn it off,any help will be greatfull thank you
dan

Stoney Creek, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2012

i have a 2008 magnum, the security light came on last week after i accidently locked the car with the back windows down, when i tried to start the car this light came on for the first time, and the car would not start, after 3. 4 tries it started, now it takes this long to start it everytime, can any one help me. thanks
Josh

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

Hello I have a 2005 dodge magnum sxt 3.5L v6 with 26k miles. There are numerous lights on there is a check engine light, a solid red light right next to the chk eng light, a battery light and right next to it a lightning bolt, it will not start it won't even turn over we bought a new battery for it (didn't change anything) checked the oil, gas, belts everything, I've heard it could be a problem with the starter, the key, ect. If some one could please help me I would be very greatful.
Will

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 27, 2012

I have a 05 magnum rt 5.7L. My cruise control doesn't engage. The lights come on saying cruise is on. I have no check engine lights or system warnings. I tried pulling fuse #11 to reset and disconnect battery. What can make it not engage when I hit set?
corey

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 29, 2012

I have a dodge magnum se 2.7 I had to replace the engine after the guy did that now my car want start. I was told that the alarm I had put on my car got something to do with it..I also was told that since there is a chip in the key I had to get it reset with the motor I had installed...can someone please help me..I have already spent $3000.00 don't want to go no futher...

Since: Mar 07

Alexandria, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 30, 2012

corey wrote:
I have a dodge magnum se 2.7 I had to replace the engine after the guy did that now my car want start. I was told that the alarm I had put on my car got something to do with it..I also was told that since there is a chip in the key I had to get it reset with the motor I had installed...can someone please help me..I have already spent $3000.00 don't want to go no futher...
The transponder in the key fob doesn't communicate with the engine - it communicates with the ignition switch. You need to find someone who can properly diagnose the problem. The fact that you got an engine for $3000 installed makes me think that you did not get this done professionally - or certainly not with a engine that was re-manufactured. Dis you get this engine from a junk yard?
Dodge Man

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

dan wrote:
i have a 2008 magnum, the security light came on last week after i accidently locked the car with the back windows down, when i tried to start the car this light came on for the first time, and the car would not start, after 3. 4 tries it started, now it takes this long to start it everytime, can any one help me. thanks
Curious, what light came on for the first time? Check your owners manual and provide a name for it. The light may not be related to this problem.

Change the batteries in your remote entry. That key has a security chip in it that tells the VCM the key is the right one and allows the key to start the car. The batteries need to be changed every two years! If you don't know how to do it, reference your owners manual or take it to the dealer. They probably won't charge you for anything but the battery. Let us know what happens.

Leaving your windows down did not have anything to do with your problem.
Dodge Man

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Josh wrote:
Hello I have a 2005 dodge magnum sxt 3.5L v6 with 26k miles. There are numerous lights on there is a check engine light, a solid red light right next to the chk eng light, a battery light and right next to it a lightning bolt, it will not start it won't even turn over we bought a new battery for it (didn't change anything) checked the oil, gas, belts everything, I've heard it could be a problem with the starter, the key, ect. If some one could please help me I would be very greatful.
Are you still having problems? You mention all these lights, look in your owners manual and tell me what lights are illuminated by name. Perhaps then I can assist you. All indicator lights should extinguish after a short period of self test by the system. Then only the engine and oil lights should be on until you crank the engine. After engine starts of course, no warning lights should be on.

Now, does the engine crank? If so, does it sound like the engine is trying to start?

Come back with all this information and I'll attempt to diagnose the problem. One thing you mentioned about "hearing could be the problem", CHANGE THE BATTERIES IN YOUR REMOTE! It's the main cause of most people's problems because the remote is part of the security system! That key fob tells the security system YOU ARE AUTHORISED TO START THE CAR! BATTERIES DIE DUE TO USE! Change them at least every two years, or more frequently if you lock and unlock your vehicle often.
Dodge Man

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

Will wrote:
I have a 05 magnum rt 5.7L. My cruise control doesn't engage. The lights come on saying cruise is on. I have no check engine lights or system warnings. I tried pulling fuse #11 to reset and disconnect battery. What can make it not engage when I hit set?
Actually, a number of things. Since the light comes on, it is engaging! You have a mechanical, not an electrical nor electronic problem. The linkage cable from the actuator at the throttle could have come off. Have you had work done at a garage recently? They may have left the cable off.

The actuator may be fauty. I have no way of knowing your mechanical capabilities, but the actuator would be suspect to me. I'm trying to diagnose without putting hands on the car. There is a possibility the VCM is at fault, but I doubt it since the indicator light comes on.

The check engine light has nothing to do with the cruise system. The cruise control light is your only indication of operation. It doesn't need anything else to tell you it is functioning. It isn't crucial to safety, or operation of the engine.

You cannot reset anything by removing a battery cable. If you have a hard fault, the part of the system malfunctioning will simply present immediately when you attempt a restart. If an MIL illuminates, and stays that way after 1-5 key cycles, something is malfunctioning and needs a technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
Dodge Man

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 31, 2012

corey wrote:
Was the engine running BEFORE you swapped the replacement in? If so, replacing the engine would not make the vehicle present a no-stert! That's BS! In this case, it is your mechanics responsibility to return your car to you, operational. If they can't do it, take them to small claims court, take the vehicle to someone reputable and get the vehicle repaired, and sue the former mechanic/shop for the the repairs and damages!

If the vehicle was DOA, and the shop promised the fix it, you still have a case!

Bottom line YOU should not have to be out anymore money! You contracted with them to FIX YOUR VEHICLE!

Good luck!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of82
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Dodge Magnum Discussions

Search the Dodge Magnum Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Dodge magnum 2006 sxt 3.5 brake indicator light... Mar '14 Natalia 1
2005 Dodge Magnum Hemi (Jul '06) Jan '14 Jay -Bob 136
shift box problems! (May '09) Dec '13 will c 109
"05 magnum w/ 6cyl engine - 5.5ltr (Feb '09) Nov '13 B Wilson 2
05 dodge magnum 2.7 noise @ idle - lifters or t... (Mar '13) Nov '13 Steve 2
Dodge Magnum (Sep '13) Sep '13 Rballmickey 1
dodge magnum sxt 2008 (Sep '13) Sep '13 john c lusty 1
•••

Buy a New Car