how to reset the computer on 05 dodge...

how to reset the computer on 05 dodge magnum

Posted in the Dodge Magnum Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
hemi82

Granada Hills, CA

#1 Dec 26, 2008
I have a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 and i think the brain needs to be reset due to it not running and giving alot of codes. The car is saying that all of my 02 sensors are bad. I tried unplugging the battery for over 5 hours but still nothing.

Since: Mar 07

Fairfax, VA

#2 Jan 28, 2009
hemi82 wrote:
I have a 05 dodge magnum 5.7 and i think the brain needs to be reset due to it not running and giving alot of codes. The car is saying that all of my 02 sensors are bad. I tried unplugging the battery for over 5 hours but still nothing.
No code will tell you that your o2 sensor is bad. What the code is telling you that whatever IS wrong is AFFECTING the operation of the o2 sensor.

If teh car is not running well, it isn't because the light is on.
Tracy Johnson

Durham, NC

#3 Jun 13, 2009
Where is the reset button located at
Tracy Johnson

Durham, NC

#4 Jun 13, 2009
where is the rest button located at for a 2005 dodge magnum

Capitol Heights, MD

#5 Jun 18, 2009
Tracy Johnson wrote:
where is the rest button located at for a 2005 dodge magnum
There is no reset button. You need to use a scan tool.

You need to know that 'resetting' the ilght id not the fix for the problem that made the light illuminate.

The light will return after a few drive cycles.
Wade Sied

Winter Haven, FL

#6 Apr 26, 2010
I changed my battery on my 2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7 and now the car wont start. I have power (radio, A/C all power functions work). The car started twice and died at idle. Now no crank even with a jump form another car.

Capitol Heights, MD

#7 May 10, 2010
Wade Sied wrote:
I changed my battery on my 2005 Dodge Magnum 2.7 and now the car wont start. I have power (radio, A/C all power functions work). The car started twice and died at idle. Now no crank even with a jump form another car.
You may want to have that battery tested. Even new batteries fail (that's why they come with a warrantee).
naser

Kuwait

#9 Oct 10, 2010
i have 2005 dodge magnum RT w/ hemi.
after i changed the battery, the air compressor didn't start.
so, is there any rest for A/C.
please i need help

thank you

Capitol Heights, MD

#10 Oct 12, 2010
naser wrote:
please i need help
thank you
You may have blown a fuse or relay.
alarm issues

Chicago, IL

#11 Oct 24, 2010
my vta red light came on and the car cut off. it started then shut off again now it wont do anything what do i do?

Capitol Heights, MD

#12 Nov 18, 2010
VTA light?
dwight

United States

#13 Dec 18, 2010
my alarm light is on and car will not start
dwight

United States

#14 Dec 18, 2010
my alarm light is on and car wont start
05 magnum se

United States

#15 Feb 23, 2011
Tire pressure sensor won't turn on on the dash and I have low air on my tires. Could it be the fuse or the sensor
michael hemming

Miamisburg, OH

#16 Apr 24, 2011
i have a 2005 dodge magnum battery went dead and now it wont start now the check engine lights on then starts flashing and secuirty lights starts flashing also
michael hemming

Miamisburg, OH

#17 Apr 24, 2011
michael hemming wrote:
i have a 2005 dodge magnum battery went dead and now it wont start now the check engine lights on then starts flashing and secuirty lights starts flashing also
i tried what the book says to do and still the same
alex

Modesto, CA

#18 May 10, 2011
ok people i seen lot of comments and problems that has to do with whut im going thru..if some one out thre really know whuts going on plis let me kno..my car turned on then it died it did this like 3-4 times..then when i tried to start it again it woud sound like it was gonna start but nothing..now it will not do anything..red flashing light on the dashboard by the fuel gauge..checked all the fuses and all in order..oh yeah my car is 2006 dodge charger..ive seen many people saying is a bad battery..?????

Capitol Heights, MD

#19 May 25, 2011
alex wrote:
ok people i seen lot of comments and problems that has to do with whut im going thru..if some one out thre really know whuts going on plis let me kno..my car turned on then it died it did this like 3-4 times..then when i tried to start it again it woud sound like it was gonna start but nothing..now it will not do anything..red flashing light on the dashboard by the fuel gauge..checked all the fuses and all in order..oh yeah my car is 2006 dodge charger..ive seen many people saying is a bad battery..?????
If the car turns over, the battery i snot dead. However, it MAY be weak. The battery needs to provide a minimum voltage in order for the car to actually start and run. If your battery is over 3 years old, I would have it checked under load.

Really, there are SO many things that can cause your symptoms, it would be impossible to narrow down in this forum. You could 1st start be seeing if there are any codes stored in the computer. The TITLE to the code, after you look it up, is NOT used to replaced something. There is a corresponding diagnostic tree that must be followed in order to properly find the cause. Go to ALLDATA.COM and subscribe.

You probably do not have all the test equipment needed. I once had a no start condition is my Magnum. Local mechanic couldn't figure out what went wrong. Dealership could: The water pump had frozen and, as a result, the timing gears and chain basically imploded. MAJOR bottom end work (thankfully under warrantee).

Dealer time...
roger

King City, Canada

#20 Jun 3, 2011
naser wrote:
please i need help
thank you
check your anti theft system

Owensboro, KY

#21 Jun 20, 2011
alex wrote:
check the battery ground or the starter fuse (not called a fuse but I forgot the proper term)
The batter ground gave me fits!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Magnum Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Magnum Aug 5 Tjordan 1
06 magnum RT 5.7 hemi crank but no start (Jan '17) Jul 29 Anonymous 2
magnum stuck in park (Apr '09) Jul '17 Cassandra 26
18 inch wheels for Magnum R/T AWD (Nov '06) May '17 Big swole 21
2005 Dodge Magnum Hemi (Jul '06) Apr '17 Piazza 140
Conversion on 08 magnum Apr '17 Schubby460 1
2005 dodge magnum turns off when making a compl... (Apr '13) Mar '17 Chae 2
More from around the web