Have your headlights flicker/flash wh...

Have your headlights flicker/flash while driving?

Created by Katie S on Feb 11, 2008

5,455 votes

Click on an option to vote

YES 2000 or earlier

YES 2001-2002

YES 2003-2004

YES 2005-2006

YES 2007

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
JJD

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 1, 2009
2002 Grand Caravan. First noticed the flicker in the head-lights, but have also noticed that the interior lights flicker as well.
My wife was behind me one night in the Grand Caravan; gotta say, the flickering sure is distracting/annoying to anyone else on the road who encounters it.
Jake

Canada

#2 Jan 23, 2009
I have the same problem. Did you get it resolved yet?
Sue

Warren, MI

#3 Feb 20, 2009
Mine, too. Need advice as to the seriousness of the issue.
Meredith

Bellevue, WA

#4 Oct 3, 2009
I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan.
My headlights, dash lights flicker, the needles jump around, the stereo cuts in and out. I have taken it to the dealership about 5-6 times and it has not been fixed yet..they can't seem to figure it out. It was just annoying at first, but seems to be getting worse. Anyone have a mechanic that has been able to fix this problem?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
john

Green Bay, WI

#5 Oct 18, 2009
I just went through the same deal on my 04 grand caravan. Replaced the alternator and battery with no results.
Played with and moved every relay and fuse on the fuse block under the hood, and won’t ya know no more pulsing, flickering ect.... alternator alone was 175.00. we live on a dirt road and i hope its just from the vibrations. let me know if this works or not for you. hope this helps
Steve

Eden Prairie, MN

#6 Oct 26, 2009
I have the same problem on my 97 Grand Caravan. if I remove the negative battery cable and reconnect it, the symptoms are gone for three or four days, but return. I remove the cable again and am good for another few days before it happens again. Anyone have an idea on this? Does removing the cable reset something?
William Markosky

Warren, OH

#7 Jan 18, 2010
If i am correct. the last time this happend to me i had to remove the insterment cluster and solder the connections on the back of it. they break. where the wires hook up.
junjun

San German, Puerto Rico

#8 Feb 15, 2010
Meredith wrote:
I have a 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan.
My headlights, dash lights flicker, the needles jump around, the stereo cuts in and out. I have taken it to the dealership about 5-6 times and it has not been fixed yet..they can't seem to figure it out. It was just annoying at first, but seems to be getting worse. Anyone have a mechanic that has been able to fix this problem?
i also have the same problem on 05 gc

Since: Feb 10

San German, Puerto Rico

#9 Feb 15, 2010
I HAVE 2005 GRAN CARAVAN LIGHTS FLICKER (HEAD LIGHTS)DASH GAGES GO CRAZY JUMPING UP AND DOWN RADIO CUTS OFF AND A BIT OF STALLING.WHY HAS'T DODGE COME UP WITH A SOLUTION. I WILL NEVER BUY A DODGE AGAIN. PISS-OFF.
Tom

King George, VA

#10 Feb 24, 2010
All lights flickering in 02 GC. Replaced Alternator and battery, no effect. Removed and reseated every fuse and relay in the fuse box, no effect.

Anyone have fix for this fairly common problem?
ekimnoom

Saginaw, MI

#11 Mar 3, 2010
its a problem with your bcm (body control module)
2005 Caravan

Sanford, NC

#12 Jun 11, 2010
I have this same issue. It started with just the headlights flickering, then the radio, then the a/c. Now it's progressed to the engine sputtering intermittently, to the engine down right cutting off.
aaaaa

Richland, MI

#13 Jul 5, 2010
Sounds like a ground-strap problem, the wire that goes from engine block to somewhere on the frame, that ground out everything, like interior/exterior light, etc.. if its bad and not gettinga good griound it could cause flickering, flashing, stalling etc.. thats justmy guess tho.
Len Chormanski

Columbus, OH

#14 Aug 6, 2010
Yes i have had this same problem and spent around $200 to find out part of the problem is the ground wire...their are mor than one. but this did not fix the problem entirely.
Beth

Western Springs, IL

#15 Jan 18, 2011
I am going thorugh this right now with my 2005 Dodge Caravan. Replaced the battery last week and had to take it back in Monday - they claimed they found a service bulletin that said that the flickering of the dash lights and headlights was tied to something faulty in the tail lights. So I paid them another $175.00. But they are flickering again today. - time to get rid of it I guess.
yadayadayada

Calgary, Canada

#16 Feb 10, 2011
Check the fuse common to the affected circuits,replace it! also lightly clean the fuse holder contacts with a fine emery cloth or small emery board.There is a varnish type build up there which is causing a resistance in the circuit . Problem solved
James

Grand Island, NE

#17 Apr 18, 2011
Have a buddy that had simular problems, searched all around for the cause... then noticed fused wires on the wireing harness from the fuse box under the hood... these wires ran all over from the spot they fused. They also happen to be located right next to the exgaust manifold. Might have to replace whole wire harnest from the firewall to engine compartment.
Jeremy

Frisco, TX

#18 May 9, 2011
SAME as all the above problems w/ my 05 Grand Caravan. I noticed, after looking here, that the problem is that plug on the bottom, front, passenger side of the fuse box. Some corrosion and broken wires do exist. Went to dealer, they quoted me $700 to fix it, BUT they won't just sell me a new plug, nor will they give me a part number or name to order it somewhere else. Getting really frustrated with these dealerships and mechanics. Someone needs to make REAL "help yourself" website. Soooo many people are getting ripped off by these people!!
Does anyone know where to find the part name or number for that plug??? Thanks
[email protected]
Chris

East Hampton, NY

#19 Jul 27, 2011
2005 GC Headlights/Fog lights flicker on/off

Found Bad headlight switch to be problem!
2nd time

Dewitt, MI

#20 Aug 3, 2011
I have my 2005 GC in the shop right now. Needs another battery-AGAIN! Opened door for about 20 minutes to vacuum out and the battery was dead. All lights will dim down and brighten while van is running. Dealer has looked at it several times (first in 07, several times since and now this week)and claims there is nothing wrong. They replaced the alternator the first time and the PCM during other visits. Vacuumed out van 2 weeks ago and history repeats itself. 5 star idiots can't figure it out. Any ideas? I know.....don't vacuum the van.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Grand Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2001 dodge grand caravan sport 3.3liter (Mar '08) Thu Brian 9
2002 grand caravan starter click (Oct '08) Jun 20 Cencalb3ast 19
broken back windshield-05 Dodge grand caravan (Aug '06) Jun 12 Rick 70
06 Grand Caravan rear A/C evaporator leak (Jul '08) Jun 8 Ping 361
Maintenance codes gone when hooked up to the se... Jun 6 CanadianDaisy 1
Serpentine blt comes of in rain (Jan '06) Jun 2 Jorge B 368
2003 Dodge Caravan ES Electrical Problem (Aug '11) May 31 Perla rivera 29
More from around the web