2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport

2001 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport

Theresa Z

United States

#1 Jun 24, 2009
My 2001 dodge grandcaravan needs a new a/c evaporator and expansion valve. I was quoted $1377 two years ago. I am dieing in the heat! I will do it myself, I understand I have to take apart the dashboard to get to it. Can someone help me? I need directions of where it is, ect....do I need to have someone do something with the Freon once I change these parts? HELP!!
Mike

Kingsport, TN

#2 Jun 27, 2009
Theresa Z wrote:
My 2001 dodge grandcaravan needs a new a/c evaporator and expansion valve. I was quoted $1377 two years ago. I am dieing in the heat! I will do it myself, I understand I have to take apart the dashboard to get to it. Can someone help me? I need directions of where it is, ect....do I need to have someone do something with the Freon once I change these parts? HELP!!
I wished you lived in East Tennessee. I have a 2001 Grand Caravan and replaced the entire A/C system with NEW PARTS.(Compressor, expansion block and etc.) for $700.00 plus Tax. I would call around! also call the smaller auto centers. That is what I did and got a great deal!
Theresa Z

United States

#3 Jun 28, 2009
Thank you! I wish I lived in Tennessee too! but,$700 is too much for me now as well....I really would have no problem doing it myself, if I ah...Knew how!! ;-)
Theresa Z

United States

#4 Jun 28, 2009
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
I wished you lived in East Tennessee. I have a 2001 Grand Caravan and replaced the entire A/C system with NEW PARTS.(Compressor, expansion block and etc.) for $700.00 plus Tax. I would call around! also call the smaller auto centers. That is what I did and got a great deal!
Thanks! I wish I lived in Tennessee too! But $700 is still too much for me right now, I take good care of my Van, and I have no problem replacing the parts myself....if I knew how to get to them the quickest way! I enjoy the challenge, and would feel great if I could do the labor myself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Grand Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
broken back windshield-05 Dodge grand caravan (Aug '06) Feb 14 Jjhebert 69
Problems with my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan (Mar '06) Feb 14 Sclibra23 646
2008 Dodge Caravan won't start (Jan '10) Feb 14 Krooster57 78
06 Grand Caravan rear A/C evaporator leak (Jul '08) Feb 11 david in TN 359
Fog/parking lights flash Feb 2 Jay in Minoa 1
cannot put gas in van gas pump shuts off Jan 28 KAS37 2
Serpentine blt comes of in rain (Jan '06) Jan 21 Adelfo gonzalez 367
More from around the web