99 Dodge Grand Caravan Headlights com...

99 Dodge Grand Caravan Headlights come on by themselves

Natalie

United States

#1 Oct 8, 2008
My Caravan headlights just magically come on by themselves. Van can be sitting quietly in the driveway, and suddenly the headlights and taillights just come on. I cannot turn them off at the switch. After awhile they go off.... only to come back on again as the mood strikes them.
HELP. What is causing this???
hopefully

Pleasanton, CA

#2 Nov 20, 2008
our 99 has had the same problem only with the interior lights. it ended up being an electrical problem. a wire was shrting out ar something...
nocki

Yorktown, VA

#3 Jul 17, 2009
Natalie wrote:
My Caravan headlights just magically come on by themselves. Van can be sitting quietly in the driveway, and suddenly the headlights and taillights just come on. I cannot turn them off at the switch. After awhile they go off.... only to come back on again as the mood strikes them.
HELP. What is causing this???
I am now having the same problem, can you tell me the remedy
Spooky

Carmel, IN

#4 Jul 31, 2011
Our 99 caravan did the same thing just tonight. Three times in a row. Thought I was going crazy! Sounds like this could be a potential recall issue since it is all the same year, make and model. Should we contact Dodge about this?
Randy O

Colorado Springs, CO

#5 Oct 30, 2015
nocki wrote:
<quoted text> I am now having the same problem, can you tell me the remedy
I also have tgat problem my Caravan is a 98 what was the solution or was there a solution

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Grand Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2003 Dodge Caravan ES Electrical Problem (Aug '11) Wed rick jackson 27
Problems with my 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan (Mar '06) Dec 4 Pat 636
Power steering fails temporarily in rain (Sep '07) Dec 3 Capt obvious 116
News 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Return of the American van Nov 29 klaus 5
Poll Have your headlights flicker/flash while driving? (Jan '09) Nov 24 K Burton 86
Engine Auto Start Nov 23 theo 1
2008 Dodge Caravan won't start (Jan '10) Nov 16 newfie 76
More from around the web