1997 3.3 l caravan headlight on with ...

1997 3.3 l caravan headlight on with key and switch off

11DAVID11

Saint Peters, MO

#1 Oct 13, 2008
The BATTERY WAS DYING AND I NOTICED THE HEADLIGHT FLASHING. NOW WHEN I TOUCH THE BATTERY CABLE TO THE BATTERY THE HEAD LIGHTS TURN ON. BRIGHTS AND DIMS DEPENDING ON SETTING KEY OUT AND SWITCH OFF. WHEN I START IT AND RUNNING THE RADIO AND MILEAGE LIGHT FLASH ON AND OFF WHEN THEY WANT TO. I DON’T KNOW IF THEY ARE DIMMING AND GOING FULL BRIGHT OF OFF ALL THE WAY AND FULL BRIGHT.
I THINK IT STARTED WHEN I TRIED TO USE THE REMOTE KEY ENTRY AFTER NOT USING IT FOR 7 YEARS? MAY NOT BE CONNECTED.
WHEN I TAKE OUT 10 AMP FUSE 10D ( LABELED MEMORY) IN THE POWER DISTRIBUTION CENTER THE HEAD LIGHTS DO NOT COME ON WHEN I CONNECT THE BATTERY AND IT DOES NOT GO DEAD.
I CHECKED THE FUSES AND RELAYS ACROSS THE COILS AND CONTACTS (NOT ENERGIZED) IN THE PDC AND JUNCTION BOX. OK.
I REMOVED THE PDC AND OPENED IT UP. CHECKED IT OUT BEST I COULD WITH METER. LOOKS GOOD.
I REMOVED THE JB AND OPENED IT UP. LAYERED BOARD ATTACHED SO I DID NOT PULL IT OUT. NOTHING VISUAL AND CHECKED OUT 3 DIODES. OK. NOTHING BROKEN TO PINS.
I REMOVED THE BODY CONTROL MODULE, PN P4686671, AND RESOLDERED SOME PINS INSIDE. THOUGHT IT MIGHT HELP. NOTHING OBVIOUS WRONG TOP OR BOTTOM WITH PLATE REMOVED.
EARLIER I HAD REMOVED THE HEAD LIGHT SWITCH AND DIMMER SWITCH CONNECTOR. IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY IT DID NOT CHANGE THE BAD CONDITION SO I PUT THEM BACK IN AND RECONNECTED.
EVERY THING HOOKED BACK UP NOW AND HEAD LIGHTS CAME ON WITH SWITCH OFF, KEY OUT.
BELL RINGS WHEN DOOR OPENED AND INTERIOR LIGHTS COME ON AND OFF WHEN I ROLL THE SWITCH UP OR DOWN WITH KEY OUT.
HAVEN’T STARTED IT TO SEE IF RADIO LIGHT FLASH ON OR NOT.
IF IT THE BCM ANY WAY OF TELLING FOR SURE?
ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHERE I SHOULD GET ONE?
IF NOT ANY SUGGESTIONS ON PRECAUTIONS ON BUYING OR COST?
I SAW BETWEEN $150 AND $250 REMANUFACTURED AND CORE.
I DON’T WANT TO BUY ONE THAT SOMEONE JUST RETURNED.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Grand Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Power door locks (Nov '09) Tue RFM 17
2006 Dodge Grand Caravan se turn signal and Bra... (Sep '11) Mon curly 4
News 2017 Chrysler Pacifica: Return of the American van Jun 26 Mossy 4
Poll Have your headlights flicker/flash while driving? (Jan '09) Jun 25 Raymond 78
Horn and Criuse Control do not work (Jun '07) Jun 24 Williams 28
Engine swapping Jun 23 JMonster 1
What's this part called? Jun 21 mamatoboyz 1
More from around the web