98 dodge durango wont start HELP

98 dodge durango wont start HELP

Posted in the Dodge Durango Forum

farrah

Brunswick, ME

#1 May 20, 2011
i have a 98 dodge durango with a 5.2l engine it ran out of gas a few days ago and it wouldn't start back up. after trying for 20 minutes i finally got it going. yesterday i left in it and while driving it died on me but started right back up i pulled up to a stop sign and it died and won't start again it cranks but nothing happens i thought it might be the fuel pump but you can hear the pump when you turn the key to on position you can also smell gas after about the third time you try to start it what else could it be and how can i check with out spending a ton of cash im a young mom with 6 kids the newest being 6 week old twins need my truck and need it fast
joe

Hinesville, GA

#2 Aug 17, 2011
farrah wrote:
i have a 98 dodge durango with a 5.2l engine it ran out of gas a few days ago and it wouldn't start back up. after trying for 20 minutes i finally got it going. yesterday i left in it and while driving it died on me but started right back up i pulled up to a stop sign and it died and won't start again it cranks but nothing happens i thought it might be the fuel pump but you can hear the pump when you turn the key to on position you can also smell gas after about the third time you try to start it what else could it be and how can i check with out spending a ton of cash im a young mom with 6 kids the newest being 6 week old twins need my truck and need it fast
sounds like there might be air in the systm you can purge the fuel rails...its easy looks like a valve stem for a tire kind of...id google where it is so you can see what it is...hope tht helps
bill

United States

#3 Nov 4, 2015
farrah wrote:
sell car piece of junk you got rip off when you bought it
bill

United States

#4 Nov 4, 2015
THEY seen you coming get rid of it fast as you can
bill

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2015
joe wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like there might be air in the systm you can purge the fuel rails...its easy looks like a valve stem for a tire kind of...id google where it is so you can see what it is...hope tht helps
piece shit junk it right away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Durango Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't have warm air in my heating system? (Jan '07) May 11 Mrmister47 247
2000 dodge durango help!!!! (May '07) May 11 Mrmister47 72
Dodge Durango Transmission problems?? (Nov '08) Apr '18 Todd 430
Transmission Apr '18 Bob S 1
Durango left Rear window won't go up (Jun '07) Mar '18 Andthen 7
2004 dodge durango 5.7 ltd (Oct '11) Mar '18 curbsplace 8
2005 durango 4wd shifts to lock on its own (Mar '12) Mar '18 Jason Meddles 47