2004 Dodge Durango P0700
Troy

Greenville, NC

#1 Nov 27, 2008
I have a 2004 Dodge Durango, 4.7l 285, 73k miles since 2006 (2nd owner). I drove 50 miles no problems...passed a car on highway and warning tone sounded erratically but no warning lights then the oil light and tone illuminated on/off several times and then steady. I stopped and checked oil, no leaks or wet spots and level was good. I started the vehicle and drove 2 miles further and engine quietly stalled but no indicator lamps or tones came on. I didnít even know that the engine stopped until I tried to accelerate. I didn't hear any grinds, bumps, shutters and absolutely no indication that a problem was imminent. The engine would not start again. I installed Pocket Scan and got U1120, P0700 and P0562...replaced battery for the Low Voltage code and manually cleared codes but engine will only bump and will not attempt to turn over. Ideas? Thanks, Troy
Kbrandon

Weimar, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2011
Did you ever fix the problem we are having the SAME problem , please HELP
Troy wrote:
I have a 2004 Dodge Durango, 4.7l 285, 73k miles since 2006 (2nd owner). I drove 50 miles no problems...passed a car on highway and warning tone sounded erratically but no warning lights then the oil light and tone illuminated on/off several times and then steady. I stopped and checked oil, no leaks or wet spots and level was good. I started the vehicle and drove 2 miles further and engine quietly stalled but no indicator lamps or tones came on. I didnít even know that the engine stopped until I tried to accelerate. I didn't hear any grinds, bumps, shutters and absolutely no indication that a problem was imminent. The engine would not start again. I installed Pocket Scan and got U1120, P0700 and P0562...replaced battery for the Low Voltage code and manually cleared codes but engine will only bump and will not attempt to turn over. Ideas? Thanks, Troy
matt

Winter Garden, FL

#3 Jun 22, 2011
engine is blown. this 4.7 is a known "sludge builder". the rear cylinders freeze up do to lack of oil getting to them from the sludge. I had to replace my motor with 98k miles. I wish there was a way to inform everyone not to buy this vehicle used without removing the oil pan and checking for sludge build up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Durango Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Don't have warm air in my heating system? (Jan '07) 1 hr shaggy 240
2000 Dodge Durango Stalling (Mar '07) 10 hr CHEVWIZARD 112
Fan switch quit working? (Jul '06) Sat Dave 115
2006 Durango won't shift out of park! (Jul '15) Nov 13 tjs123 3
Cylinder crack in v6 2014 Durango Nov 12 UncleSloppy 1
no heat in rear only cold air blows 2003 durango (Nov '08) Nov 10 Chris12789 33
Dodge Durango Transmission problems?? (Nov '08) Nov 3 Lisa morris 427
More from around the web