Watch your MyGiG Front DVD Screen whi...

Watch your MyGiG Front DVD Screen while in Motion

Posted in the Dodge Caravan Forum

Marsh

Auburn Hills, MI

#1 Jan 1, 2008
I've got an early build - Aug 2007 - Dodge Caravan - that will let me watch the DVD while in drive. I found this by accident while my wife was driving and thought I'd share.

Try this:

1. While in Park, bring up the DVD on the front console and start watching the video.
2. Push the Audio button to bring up the balance adjust menu.
3. Put the tranny in Drive and start driving.
4. Push Done on the Audio screen. My system reverts to the playing DVD instead of the standard MyGig menu.

Note - subsequent DVD function or touching the screen reverts but if you leave it alone it plays along smoothly.

Drive responsibly!
tjbay

United States

#2 Jan 11, 2008
Marsh wrote:
I've got an early build - Aug 2007 - Dodge Caravan - that will let me watch the DVD while in drive. I found this by accident while my wife was driving and thought I'd share.
Try this:
1. While in Park, bring up the DVD on the front console and start watching the video.
2. Push the Audio button to bring up the balance adjust menu.
3. Put the tranny in Drive and start driving.
4. Push Done on the Audio screen. My system reverts to the playing DVD instead of the standard MyGig menu.
Note - subsequent DVD function or touching the screen reverts but if you leave it alone it plays along smoothly.
Drive responsibly!
works in my 08 Town and Country as well...now if we can only figure out how to change DVDs and have it not revert back to just sound...
DoDgE mAn

Plano, TX

#3 May 11, 2008
Works on my 08 Charger
Gary

AOL

#4 May 19, 2008
I wasn't able to do it on my "08 Charger - any ideas?
Dave

Chesterfield, MO

#5 May 22, 2008
Worked on my 08 until i had to have the unit replaced due to a bad hard drive, now its gone. Very sad kids!
KLB

Hood River, OR

#6 Dec 11, 2008
Dave wrote:
Worked on my 08 until i had to have the unit replaced due to a bad hard drive, now its gone. Very sad kids!
For anyone who reads this.... you have to downgrade your system to the 8.4 version first and have the REN (non-nav) unit. I bought a mygig REN with the 9.2 version, went to http://mofv.com/mygig/ saved the 8.4 version to a disk and inserted it into my mygig. Now it works fine. You still have to hit the audio menu while in park and shift into drive and exit the menu.
greenie

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2009
Does this matter if I have the backup camera? I am anxiously awaiting my wifes return from shopping so I can try this out. Thanks!
newvanowner

Winnipeg, Canada

#8 Jul 18, 2009
greenie wrote:
Does this matter if I have the backup camera? I am anxiously awaiting my wifes return from shopping so I can try this out. Thanks!
Has anyone tried to do this on the new 09's? I just bought my van this morning and would like to know if it will work on mine.
08 Charger

Lincoln, NE

#9 Nov 7, 2009
I downgraded 9.1? to 8.400 and I can absolutely watch DVD's while in motion. I downloaded the 8.400 from the site in a post above. I burned it, make sure you burn 1 folder and 2 files and not just the extracted folder. Use the Audio trick and you can watch video in motion.
newvanowner wrote:
<quoted text>
Has anyone tried to do this on the new 09's? I just bought my van this morning and would like to know if it will work on mine.
09 Nitro

Kanata, Canada

#10 Aug 1, 2010
works great for me...
Jyohn

Racine, WI

#11 Aug 11, 2010
Does anyone know if this works with the 2010 models?
gsdmc

Stoke-on-trent, UK

#12 Nov 20, 2010
Jyohn wrote:
Does anyone know if this works with the 2010 models?
would this work for a manual gearbox??
John A

United States

#13 Dec 3, 2010
These people with touch screens and dvd players are going about this all wrong. Find a friend of a friend that works at the dealer and pay him to turn the system on. Less than a minute and bam, the dvd works in drive.
08 Grand Caravan

Pittsboro, NC

#14 Nov 5, 2011
Downgraded the REN and works great for me too!
johnnybrown

Waterloo, Canada

#15 Jan 12, 2013
Any ideas on how to do this on a 2013 model?
haj

United States

#16 Jul 13, 2013
johnnybrown wrote:
Any ideas on how to do this on a 2013 model?
Hey bud I was wondering did you ever get an answer? I have a 2013 Town and Country and would like to know.
MissMayLin

Blainville, Canada

#17 Oct 2, 2015
Doesn't work on the 2015 GC
elizom

Tijuana, Mexico

#18 Jun 2, 2016
can someone share the ren 8.4 version?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'04 Caravan 3.8 Stalls after refueling. (Oct '09) 1 hr Sweetsarebear 20
Grand Caravan Instrument cluster no power (Dec '12) Aug 1 Norma Erickson 49
spare tire question (Apr '07) Jul 30 LilChickTimmreck 81
How do you get rear trunk lid open Jul '17 Roger 1
radio problem (Jun '06) Jul '17 skopec 192
2005 Caravan headlight problem (May '08) Jul '17 sanfordj56 101
2005 rear hatch release (Jul '11) Jul '17 James 22
More from around the web