dead speedometer--2002 grand caravan
Help

Hanover, VA

#101 Nov 23, 2012
Went thru test fine. Still don't work. Does the same signal have anything to do with the gear shifting? Does not shift to high gear. If so how do I find the sending unit. 2001 Grand caravan.
Zqxy

Williamsport, PA

#102 Nov 29, 2012

Copy & paste the above link and it shows you how to fix the problem by your van's electronics recalibrating your speedometer and other instruments, it's really neat to watch and it worked for me. Make sure that when you press on the trip meter reset button (while your van is off)that you are not showing the trip miles, but you must be in the actual miles mode for the recalibrating procedure to work.
Glenn

Concord, NC

#103 Dec 5, 2012
Just tried the fix on the speedometer....it didn't work...do you have any other suggestions?
roy

Danville, KY

#104 Dec 5, 2012
reset my trip meter last night....this morning my battery light came on after driving a few blocks....When I turn van off and restart.... it's not on at first but comes back on shortly....
George Bates

Garden City, MO

#105 Dec 12, 2012
Clayton wrote:
Yep, just hold down the trip reset button with the ignition switch in the OFF position. It should come up with Sof and a number, let go, and it will do a self test. Should fix the problem, and it will tell you any error codes that the van may have had.
yep worked fine on my 03caravan
mary

Saginaw, MI

#106 Dec 28, 2012
Paul wrote:
<quoted text>
VERY HELPFUL.
Worked for me as well on my 2003 Caravan.
Thanks!
thanks i also have 2003 dodge grand caravan i just fixed it myself it took a few trys but i got it thanks so much
luis mena

Salt Lake City, UT

#107 Dec 30, 2012
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
I was dreading the $700 -$1400 cost!! Your solution took care of the problem. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
thanks man works great happy new yaer..:)
D Smith

Sunnyside, WA

#108 Jan 18, 2013
Oh Thank You!! That was amazing! It worked on my 01 Caravan. Thanks again!
dave

Decatur, AL

#109 Jan 27, 2013
Clayton wrote:
Yep, just hold down the trip reset button with the ignition switch in the OFF position. It should come up with Sof and a number, let go, and it will do a self test. Should fix the problem, and it will tell you any error codes that the van may have had.
thanks, you just saved me some $!
dave

Decatur, AL

#110 Jan 27, 2013
you just saved me some $. nice job!!
FamVanMan

Brockton, MA

#111 Jan 29, 2013
IT REALLY WORKS!
my speedo needle was pegged on wrong side of pin and not moving. 30 seconds later all is well.

THANK YOU!
Ken from Hollis Hills NY

Forest Hills, NY

#112 Mar 2, 2013
Wow, I was fully expecting to replace my instrument cluster for the same defective speedometer problem mentioned above and voila, the answer to my prayer: a simple fix for my 2002 Chrysler Voyager. Right on Clayton of Lexington, KY, you ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Nstowers

Duluth, GA

#113 Mar 11, 2013
Thanks , it worked great! Now I won't have to worry about getting a speeding ticket
kathy

Kansas City, MO

#114 Mar 29, 2013
Clayton wrote:
omg!!!! love you. i did what you said, perfect. thank you
Patty

Lethbridge, Canada

#115 Apr 9, 2013
Clayton wrote:
THANKS!! this worked, and soo easy!!
Denis Cote

Québec, Canada

#116 Apr 9, 2013
Thank you so mutch thats work for me too with my grand caravan 2003.... your the man
Denis Cote

Québec, Canada

#117 Apr 9, 2013
CLAYTON IS THE BEST.....
CLAYTON IS THE BEST.....
CLAYTON IS THE BEST.....

I told you? CLAYTON IS THE BEST.....
Joe Clovis Calif

Clovis, CA

#118 Jun 28, 2013
Saw this online tried it and it worked . Made a stop started van back up needle went back to back side of peg reset again when got home will check it in the morning But thanks for the info.Van probably has another issue, lol.
Dwayne M

Boise, ID

#119 Jul 14, 2013
Worked perfectly on my 03. Thank you for such valuable information!
Jim m

Florence, CO

#120 Aug 13, 2013
Worked on my 2003 grand caravan. THANK YOU!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Dodge Caravan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1998 dodge caravan electrical problems (Mar '09) 19 hr Pissed in Utah 129
1998 dodge caravan Jul 2 Janie 1
96 Grand Caravan 3.0 engine dies when cooling f... Jun 29 Redddog50 1
radio problem (Jun '06) Jun 28 mike360 164
1996 Dodge Caravan stalling (Oct '06) Jun 28 Tim 62
Caravan electrical fix FREE !!!! (Sep '12) Jun 27 Daniel Boone 3
2005 Dodge Caravan Ingintion / Starter Problems (Apr '06) Jun 25 mary mercado 356
More from around the web