Who's going back to Mack 1?

Who's going back to Mack 1?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mae27

Battle Creek, MI

#1 Sep 25, 2012
I hear there will be near 60 employees going back to Mack 1 on Monday, October 1.If you are one of these lucky few, I am sure you are quite pleased.
Iam

Springfield, NJ

#2 Sep 25, 2012
Mae27 wrote:
I hear there will be near 60 employees going back to Mack 1 on Monday, October 1.If you are one of these lucky few, I am sure you are quite pleased.
I am.
Real deal

United States

#3 Sep 25, 2012
It's not October first, they are putting it off 30 days for training their replacements
Just Sayin

Fraser, MI

#4 Sep 25, 2012
Real deal wrote:
It's not October first, they are putting it off 30 days for training their replacements
You are wrong Mark Ditko said on Monday we will be goin oct. 1
Real deal

United States

#5 Sep 26, 2012
They changed it, first Monday in November, maybe
Iam

Battle Creek, MI

#8 Sep 26, 2012
Yep, coming back on Monday. HR at JNAP told me yesterday. Others who came over with me were told on Monday.
Real deal

United States

#9 Sep 26, 2012
Enjoy it while it lasts, as soon As the high seniority Mack 2 people get there you will be laid back off and shipped to Warren truck with day 1 again
Iam

Battle Creek, MI

#10 Sep 26, 2012
No Mack 1 employee is worried. Most Mack 2 are taking their seniority with them to the other plants. Those who didnt choose that option, most dont have more time than Mack 1. Most Mack 1's have over 18 years anyways. They aren't going anywhere.
Just Sayin

Fraser, MI

#11 Sep 26, 2012
Real deal wrote:
Enjoy it while it lasts, as soon As the high seniority Mack 2 people get there you will be laid back off and shipped to Warren truck with day 1 again
Why are you such a HATER sounds like your life sucks and all you can do is hope everyone else is just as unhappy as you.
Real deal

United States

#12 Sep 26, 2012
The people from Mack 2 that opted to go to Mack 1 are all high seniority 20 years +. why do you think they opted to go there? For the easier work. Trust me after it's all said and done when they start reducing manpower after a year or so, those Mack 2 people will be staying. Not you. You will be laid off before them and end up at the plant you just left with day 1 seniority. Reason being, when you return home you lose your time at the plant you leave. It's inevitable unfortunately. I'm just speaking the facts here.
Just Sayin

Fraser, MI

#13 Sep 26, 2012
Real deal wrote:
The people from Mack 2 that opted to go to Mack 1 are all high seniority 20 years +. why do you think they opted to go there? For the easier work. Trust me after it's all said and done when they start reducing manpower after a year or so, those Mack 2 people will be staying. Not you. You will be laid off before them and end up at the plant you just left with day 1 seniority. Reason being, when you return home you lose your time at the plant you leave. It's inevitable unfortunately. I'm just speaking the facts here.
WOW you must be the smartest person at your plant I'm very proud of you you can go places with that.
jojo

Rockford, MI

#19 Sep 27, 2012
Just heard that Mack 2 trades will take over operations at Mack 1 and that local 51 will ignore all return to homes from trades. Typical local 51 union garbage again, does anybody remember this phrase: "THEY CAN DO THAT" remember that, I feel sorry for all of you that head there, and have to deal with a union that has no clue what they are doing again.Good luck. lol
Alex

Lowell, MI

#20 Sep 28, 2012
What you complaining for, just because i am the lowest senority and i am going back before you. LOL
WTF

United States

#21 Sep 28, 2012
the truth wrote:
<quoted text>
damn,
That sucks, you have to start over at the same plant twice? Wow, our UAW/Chrysler really sucks, bring on the CAW
Doesn't it? I left one plant to return to my home plant and lost all time there although I've only worked at the 2 plants. If I can carry seniority at 2 plants, WHY do I lose my seniority at the 2nd plant? You're punished because you chose to go home? Stupid rule.
Real deal

United States

#22 Sep 28, 2012
Yes, back in 08 I was in the job bank at shap, got picked up at my home plant and 4 weeks later laid off. Lost my 3 years at shap for going back home for a month.

Since: Sep 12

Saint Clair Shores, MI

#24 Sep 29, 2012
At shap they informed us at the last minute that we have to report back to shap on oct 1st and that our new day to report to mack will be oct 8th. I guess its just another screwing we have to endure on our way back home. See you all in about a week.
Libolobo

Battle Creek, MI

#25 Sep 29, 2012
cyborknight wrote:
At shap they informed us at the last minute that we have to report back to shap on oct 1st and that our new day to report to mack will be oct 8th. I guess its just another screwing we have to endure on our way back home. See you all in about a week.
Same thing....last minute as well. But we don't go back to JNAP. We take the layoff and go to Mack 1 on the 8th.
Real deal

United States

#26 Sep 29, 2012
There just giving you a taste of the layoff you will be on next year before returning to the assembly plants day 1 again. You should have stayed where you are till you see how things are gonna work out over there. I think it's all a trick to get you guys over there for the build out. Remember, you guys are doing " overflow " from Trenton. It is definitely temporary
jojo

Grand Rapids, MI

#27 Sep 29, 2012
Face it you are going to a plant that has a joke for a union, god only knows what Lorenzo gave up to get that work at Mack 1.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

#28 Sep 29, 2012
Real deal wrote:
Yes, back in 08 I was in the job bank at shap, got picked up at my home plant and 4 weeks later laid off. Lost my 3 years at shap for going back home for a month.
The UAW is so freaking stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dodge Charger, Jeep Cherokee, Chrysler 300 reca... 3 hr Smarter than you 3
Question 3 hr Jssm12 2
Conductor training 5 hr Mandonkey 39
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 8 hr SHAP girl 1,796
Profit sharing 2017 looking up 9 hr Sunshine 8
mopars consolidating 10 hr Sunshine 22
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 14 hr Nacho 17,496
More from around the web