First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Whitey

Brooklyn, NY

#1 Sep 14, 2012
At our town hall today at shap, we were told that belvedere will be closing due to logistics and supplier transit. Shap will take over production if the dart and any future midsize car. This slow phase out of the plant could take 4-5 years but "will" happen.
Real deal

Brooklyn, NY

#2 Sep 14, 2012
I believe it, we also heard the same thing. They want to bring the products back to Detroit. This rumor was floating around WTAP today too.
Smrtwm

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Sep 14, 2012
Just a bunch of low seniority 2 tiers there anyway
Hahaha

Kirkland, IL

#4 Sep 14, 2012
You repllied to your own post too quickly....
Yeah

Kirkland, IL

#5 Sep 14, 2012
What Hahaha said
File

Bronx, NY

#6 Sep 14, 2012
I heard the same thing.
File

Bronx, NY

#7 Sep 14, 2012
File is exactly right!
Bap helper

United States

#9 Sep 14, 2012
They'll close down the plant with the highest tier 1 employees and pushiest union. It's what happened at St Louis.
Durrrr

Rockford, IL

#10 Sep 14, 2012
Lol. Good one retired No union would know about this, that would be a hush hush on Sergio's desk until ruled out.
idk

Elmwood Park, IL

#11 Sep 14, 2012
Bap has the most roll over union ever imagined....we'll be here FOREVER!!! BIG BUCKS BABY YEAH
stuck here

Machesney Park, IL

#12 Sep 15, 2012
idk wrote:
Bap has the most roll over union ever imagined....we'll be here FOREVER!!! BIG BUCKS BABY YEAH
Rollover ? Thats an understatement ! Worst Local ever!!!!
Charles

Farmington, MO

#13 Sep 15, 2012
http://www.allpar.com/history/chrysler-years/...

There going to a lot of work at bap years to come. I have a good friend that ia a dealer who just came back from the meeting all good news.
Bap helper

United States

#15 Sep 16, 2012
Not before all of them in Michigan, state is a cesspool getting ready to close the border ad make it a prison state
WTF

Southfield, MI

#17 Sep 16, 2012
Whitey wrote:
At our town hall today at shap, we were told that belvedere will be closing due to logistics and supplier transit. Shap will take over production if the dart and any future midsize car. This slow phase out of the plant could take 4-5 years but "will" happen.
I don't know what Chrysler has in store for ANY plant, but I do KNOW this...SHAP DID NOT have a town hall on Friday.
Proud bap employee

Streamwood, IL

#18 Sep 16, 2012
That would be great, 50 thousand to relocate and bump to a crew. Coming with 20 years.
Careful what you wish for shap.
idk

Elmwood Park, IL

#19 Sep 16, 2012
BAP IS NEVER CLOSING DOWN! Crown jewel of the whole corp! Sergios baby! He actually told me the other day that Shap and retired will be putnout to put pasture. Dont say you werent warned. Shap employees will then be let go after 2 years out of work. Nuff said, end of story.
Smrtwm

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Sep 16, 2012
Shap is being bought by Gm
pony girl

Rockford, IL

#21 Sep 17, 2012
Whitey wrote:
Ok but where will the jobs be at when this happens. I was looking at properties in Michigan.
pony girl

Rockford, IL

#22 Sep 17, 2012
I would like to start an massage service in Michigan. Massage with a twist if you know what I mean. Anyone interested?
the skidmarked undies

Chicago, IL

#23 Sep 17, 2012
Im interested :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 48 min Thepoeticcookie 15,400
Auto Loan 2 hr cranked up 3
Investigation (Jul '13) 4 hr TheGeneralBitches 378
contract talks (Sep '14) 9 hr Mr mustache 462
Union Bros: Read This ..........Or You Will Reg... 10 hr nine5 22
What shift has the best girls at WTAP? 13 hr Sir Geo 5
tier 2 vote to better yourselves 20 hr ssp 39
More from around the web