Chrysler to assign rotating shifts

Chrysler to assign rotating shifts

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Neverland

Arlington, TN

#1 Sep 14, 2011
http://detnews.com/article/20110914/AUTO01/10...

one week days one week nights
charkes

Hume, MO

#2 Sep 14, 2011
What they are saying is you will never retire because you are not going to make it there.
TEAM MEMBER

Lansing, MI

#3 Sep 14, 2011
charkes wrote:
What they are saying is you will never retire because you are not going to make it there.
CHRYSLER might as well retool the plant like they said. Can't keep up with the new engines.
jeeper83

Toledo, OH

#4 Sep 14, 2011
I see that in the Detroit free press it be comeing to your plants if you say yes on the Contract also at Dundee Engine don,t look good its a killer.
Pinke

Ypsilanti, MI

#5 Sep 15, 2011
This rotation is killing us at Chrysler. But if we die then they don't have to pay a pension. And they can hire a two tier worker for half the wages to replace me. 17 years at the company and I am looking for another job
Allien of this world

AOL

#6 Sep 15, 2011
Will they do this @ other plants? This is so sad! That they don't care about the health & safety of their workers! This is just plain stupid. This will just cause Chryler more problems!
Superdoper

Arlington, TN

#7 Sep 15, 2011
Allien of this world wrote:
Will they do this @ other plants? This is so sad! That they don't care about the health & safety of their workers! This is just plain stupid. This will just cause Chryler more problems!
Hear its coming to other plants so we can leave
me too

Rockford, IL

#8 Sep 17, 2011
They are trying to avoid paying OT. we need to put in the contract, we will only volunteer to work swing shifts.
jeeper83

Temperance, MI

#9 Sep 17, 2011
Dundee engine plant schedules strike Vote on this switching weekly of shifts its in the Toledo blade newpaper.Could this be in are New Contrct.
whats happening

Cheyenne, WY

#10 Sep 17, 2011
These are the same shifts worked by policeman and fireman all over the country. Bitch and they will move production to mexico. Be glad you are working in these bad times.

Since: Jan 10

Taylor, MI

#11 Sep 17, 2011
jeeper83 wrote:
Dundee engine plant schedules strike Vote on this switching weekly of shifts its in the Toledo blade newpaper.Could this be in are New Contrct.
Chrysler just once again proves that it doesn't care about it's workers
Joe

New Baltimore, MI

#12 Sep 17, 2011
First of all, fireman an policeman do not work this 3-2-120 rotating schedule, not many other places make you switch from 4.30am to 4.30pm, then to 4.30pm to 4.30am with 2 days off in between. Some fireman do have have weird shifts but they laying around watching tv, or sleeping when nothing is burning. Yes they are good jobs and i really doubt any tier 1 will quit over it, but it is still tough and it turns your life upside down.
Redael

Akron, OH

#13 Sep 17, 2011
Joe wrote:
First of all, fireman an policeman do not work this 3-2-120 rotating schedule, not many other places make you switch from 4.30am to 4.30pm, then to 4.30pm to 4.30am with 2 days off in between. Some fireman do have have weird shifts but they laying around watching tv, or sleeping when nothing is burning. Yes they are good jobs and i really doubt any tier 1 will quit over it, but it is still tough and it turns your life upside down.
What is the 3-2-120 rotating schedule ?
shapcrap

Manton, MI

#14 Sep 17, 2011
I see a "class-action" health and safety lawsuit! Plus, anyone that got into an accident on the way to, or from work, may make a good case with this!
The Truth

Taylor, MI

#15 Sep 17, 2011
Redael wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the 3-2-120 rotating schedule ?
3 groups of shifts work 40 hours a week, group 1 usually works 1st shift 6am to 430pm mon to Thur, 2nd group works 2nd shift 430pm to 3am Wed, Thur, Fri, Sat (not worked over 40 hours so no O.T.) 3rd group would work Monday and tuesday night 430pm to 300am and then come in on 1st shift Friday and Saturday on first shift 600am to 430pm. again no O.T. because they only worked 40 hours, Management can work the plant 120 hours a week, 6 days 20 hours each day,(2) 10 hour shifts (6) days each week but only pay everyone 40 hours, no overtime, and then they make everyone rotate the differant shifts every few weeks, good luck if you have a family or any kind of life, Country First
TEP62

Riverview, MI

#17 Sep 18, 2011
Has anyone said anything about how this is effecting through-put and quality at these plants?
I can't believe that exhausted angry people are really being all that productive
GOOD NEWS

Loves Park, IL

#18 Sep 18, 2011
GET OVER IT CRY BABIES, TIMES ARE CHANGING GO WITH FLOW! QUIT IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT!
Johnny Longcock

Kokomo, IN

#19 Sep 18, 2011
Nobody rotates, the high seniority holds days, the middle seniority works 2nd shift, and the tier 2's work the odd ball shift.
The Truth

Taylor, MI

#20 Sep 18, 2011
Johnny Longcock wrote:
Nobody rotates, the high seniority holds days, the middle seniority works 2nd shift, and the tier 2's work the odd ball shift.
Nope, you are wrong, they make high seniority rotate, but just remember, most of those at Dundee are new (less than 6 years)
shapcrap

Manton, MI

#21 Sep 24, 2011
Its not be hard to get a doctor to write a statement that this is not good for you. Either on an individual basis, or as a group. Taken on a health and safety basis, you can derail this! At least it is the only thing we CAN STRIKE ON ! Health and safety!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Question about break times 6 hr Chad 3
Subprime Auto Lending Crisis 6 hr Yeti 1
Tier 1 6 hr YouAreNotUndersta... 20
The Future of FCA 14 hr PureJunk 22
Will WTAP survive? 14 hr dun 23
electrical mess 16 hr Donald Trump 4
Anyone get called back to SHAP recently? 17 hr JenStall 12
More from around the web