BAP outsourced Janitors joining UAW1268?

BAP outsourced Janitors joining UAW1268?

Posted in the Chrysler Forum

Random Temp

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Rumor is that Tri-Dim Janitorial service is joining the UAW and Local 1268. Being said that they will start out at $17 an hour. Anyone else hear this. Nice kick in the butt that the janitors will be making more than New Hires/Tier2/Temps or whatever the hell we are called these days.
UAW

United States

#2 Sep 8, 2010
They will probably make closer to 11 stop bitching already
No1 knows

United States

#3 Sep 8, 2010
Talked to a janitor yesterday and he says they will get a raise to 14$ when this happen
omega

Santa Clara, CA

#4 Sep 8, 2010
hahahaha u got to love it.
Rob

Rockford, IL

#5 Sep 8, 2010
That is cool. They deserve more money.
Jones

Bloomington, IN

#8 Apr 13, 2012
I worked for this company a while back and though i haven't heard anything recently, we were supposed to become union with the UAW but it fell through and we were only making $10 instead of the $17 we were told about.

Since: May 09

Belvidere, IL

#9 Apr 14, 2012
they have been with 1268 for some time now they are unit #9 with the local if you came to any union meetings you would know that. And yes they should get more in pay
Tier-2

Loves Park, IL

#10 Apr 14, 2012
So why was GSO given up? I thought the whole reason was to save money by outsourcing. If the janitors are going to make as much as T-2's then the in-plant seniority workers should have the opportunity first! With the same local representing both, isn't it a conflict of interest for Unit-1 employees?
higher up

Chicago, IL

#11 Apr 14, 2012
Tridims will only make 10 an hour forever. All they do is ride around on their street sweepers n plunge turds. I mean cmon, theyre lucky they make more than minimum wage if you ask me.
Not sure

Whitewater, WI

#12 Apr 15, 2012
Tier-2 wrote:
So why was GSO given up? I thought the whole reason was to save money by outsourcing. If the janitors are going to make as much as T-2's then the in-plant seniority workers should have the opportunity first! With the same local representing both, isn't it a conflict of interest for Unit-1 employees?
if they would stop scheduling meetings on our only day off more people would show up, but then that's why they do it, if to many people show up they would start seeing how corrupt the locals are.
Not sure

Whitewater, WI

#13 Apr 15, 2012
ment to reply to beerhunter
Huh

Belvidere, IL

#14 Apr 15, 2012
Why would scheduling the meeting at another time have anything to do with it???? We have a Unit in Sycamore so on 9 hours and then giving them an extra 45 minutes to get to the hall, your willing to start a meeting at 4:30 and lasting till probably six. They wouldnt show up for that either. All Units are members of 1268 and you have to give them all the opportunity to be there. Changing the meetings came up as a motion and the membership voted it down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chrysler August 24, 2015 Applicants Metro Detroit 41 min jaz 149
We Shap get the RAM 1 hr Ramgirl 46
Mack Engine Done 6 hr MGMT 19
Buyouts ERI 6 hr truth 52
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 11 hr up front 1,550
Mack Avenue Engine Plant 14 hr truth 90
Top negotiators fighting for tier 1 raises (Feb '15) Thu Night 51
More from around the web