Belvidere Assembly - Post Here!
First Prev
of 42
Next Last
No1 knows

Dallas, TX

#843 Dec 8, 2010
So what y'all think about electing your alternate stewards? Some say they want to pick them so their is no competitiveness between the two..
Good

Dallas, TX

#844 Dec 8, 2010
KEP 72 wrote:
<quoted text>How are they doing.
Seem to be doing good
Doug

United States

#845 Dec 9, 2010
Bob wrote:
Belvidere has always looked at the position of Shopchair as being voted in by the committee because they have been voted in by the membership. People on the floor want say over who it is out of the committeemen. I dont think they are looking for it to be someone other then one of those who have been voted in, if that is what you are saying. That would be interesting.
No matter how the chairman is elected (by shop committee vote or membership vote) it will not give you another Rep. You will still have 6 committeemen, one of those six will be the chairman. It'd be great to gain another Rep, but it's not going to happen. Remember all the cuts that were just made with appointed and some elected reps.
Bob

AOL

#846 Dec 10, 2010
No1 knows wrote:
So what y'all think about electing your alternate stewards? Some say they want to pick them so their is no competitiveness between the two..
There is pros and cons with that you don't want someone in there that is going to undermind the person who is voted in. There needs to be trust. However it does deliver a system of checks and balances that will force the elected officials to do their job. It can work if they run together. You vote for the pair. You still run into issues when neither of them can be there. Like the anual meeting when both the committeemen and steward have to go. It should be the steward covers the committeemen but we don't have an equal number and they already share stewards. It would really have to be thought out. It is necessary to have alternates for your alternates. Then what do you do if we have writing that insists on elected alternates?
The Truth

AOL

#847 Dec 10, 2010
Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
There is pros and cons with that you don't want someone in there that is going to undermind the person who is voted in. There needs to be trust. However it does deliver a system of checks and balances that will force the elected officials to do their job. It can work if they run together. You vote for the pair. You still run into issues when neither of them can be there. Like the anual meeting when both the committeemen and steward have to go. It should be the steward covers the committeemen but we don't have an equal number and they already share stewards. It would really have to be thought out. It is necessary to have alternates for your alternates. Then what do you do if we have writing that insists on elected alternates?
O.K. to use your idea, I didn't like John McCain so i guess i should go with Sarah Palin? Really?
Bob

Columbia, MO

#848 Dec 11, 2010
Doug wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right, he is planning on running for committeeman in chassis. Another piece of his plan is, if he is elected, he wants the shop chairman job which would come from a vote of the newly elected committeman. I am hearing that there is going to be a by-law change to have the shop chairman voted on by the membership, which would screw up their (andy and tim's) plans. Unless of course they get someone on the by-law committee to work against this change. We are missing an important piece of this puzzle though, if Tim has made his intentions clear about running, then he should be removed as the ergonomic rep immediately. It is my understanding that you can not be politically involved while holding an appointed position. Send him back to the line!
Have you heard anymore about Tim's plans for the plant? You seemed to know a lot. I have heard he doesnt care what is on the forum but he must realize for it to of gotten here it had to of started on the floor.
Kevin

Eau Claire, WI

#849 Feb 2, 2011
BELVIDERE (WIFR)-- We received the following release from Chrysler:
Due to severe weather conditions, all operations at Belvidere assembly plant are canceled – for 2nd shift on February 2nd, 2011.
Click here to find out more!
Unless otherwise notified, all production, skilled trades and salary employees are not to report to work during this shutdown. Select employees have been canvassed and will be notified that they are unaffected by this cancellation.
Unless otherwise notified, normal production activities will resume and all employees should return to work on their regular scheduled shift, beginning with this evenings 3rd shift operations and with both production shifts on February 3rd, 2011.
Dodge Neon Owner

Osage City, KS

#850 Feb 12, 2011
I cant decide if to get another Dodge Neon or a Honda! I had problems with my Neon Check Engine Light until I came across this-

http://www.brighthub.com/diy/automotive/artic...
LIGHT OFF

AOL

#851 Feb 13, 2011
Dodge Neon Owner wrote:
I cant decide if to get another Dodge Neon or a Honda! I had problems with my Neon Check Engine Light until I came across this-
http://www.brighthub.com/diy/automotive/artic...
just take the light bulb out, then you wouldn't see it. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
bap3

Rockford, IL

#852 Jan 18, 2012
Has anyone heard anything about a grievance for part timers?
John

Columbia, MO

#853 Jan 18, 2012
bap3 wrote:
Has anyone heard anything about a grievance for part timers?
Yes, part timers weren't getting OT after 8 hours or on Saturday's so grievance was put in to get it. Most have been paid what they lost. I hear they are working on the tpts that took the full time position, they haven't been paid yet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 42
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
jnap rumored schedule 6 hr Nancy 6
Johnny union 6 hr fmla 8
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 10 hr Ivan 1,706
OPT OUT of useless UAW!! (Oct '15) 18 hr Know 36
Trump unofficially endorsed by Uaw MEMBERSHIP! 18 hr doobs 19
Mack Avenue Engine Plant 19 hr Stan 226
Chinese chrysler 19 hr Stamper 7
More from around the web