Belvidere Assembly - Post Here!
Greg Karnes UAW1268

Freeport, IL

#222 Jan 29, 2009
This is my outlook on things at Chrysler WHY do we team up or get bought out more or less by thees over seas comp?#1.Is the Management that stupid?Or #2.are they not wanting to take the responsiblty to run it? I am leaning on #2 what do you think?
Kls Slps

Florissant, MO

#223 Jan 29, 2009
Adam wrote:
Fiat CEO is Canadian citizen, he grew up in Canada
Thanks I was wondering about that. Do you work at the Van Plant? If so are you guys running the VW again yet?
Adam

Windsor, Canada

#224 Jan 29, 2009
not yet, 4 weeks of no VW
Greg Karnes UAW1268

Freeport, IL

#225 Jan 29, 2009
uaw 284 wrote:
<quoted text>how do you assemble 3 washers without putting 3 bolts thru them first. your process is wrong. were you an i.e.?
As for your comments about my 70,000 a year pay you due the math since you are going to school why should'nt we make 28.00 an hour? when the comp.makes billions still every year and by the way our quilty in our cars are some of the finest autos put on the road today just because you have your opion thats fine with me but for somebody who does'nt know anything about what they are talking about you sure talk a line
guess who

Saint Paul, MN

#226 Jan 29, 2009
Greg Karnes UAW1268 wrote:
<quoted text>As for your comments about my 70,000 a year pay you due the math since you are going to school why should'nt we make 28.00 an hour? when the comp.makes billions still every year and by the way our quilty in our cars are some of the finest autos put on the road today just because you have your opion thats fine with me but for somebody who does'nt know anything about what they are talking about you sure talk a line
Company should be sustainable. Are they making billions now?
Jeeper

Tarrytown, NY

#227 Jan 29, 2009
I think its more of getting global markets.
Marketshare is the bottomline.
Her and across the borders.
Fiat hopefully will help us with that.
Lets just hope their cars are up to par.
I am going to do research today on their products. will post soon.
Peace
Jeeper

Tarrytown, NY

#228 Jan 29, 2009
That message was for GregKarnes UAW1268, from page 11.
qwerty

Windsor, Canada

#231 Jan 30, 2009
just heard BAP running only one shift on Feb 9th?
Jeeper

Tarrytown, NY

#232 Jan 30, 2009
True - rotating shifts - week to week
UAWChick

Madison, WI

#233 Jan 30, 2009
Yes BAP is running 1 shift Feb 2nd & Feb 9th so far. 1st shift will be working on the Feb 2nd & then 2nd shift will work their regular hours on Feb 9th.
We will see what happens after that.
union

AOL

#234 Jan 30, 2009
I think it is a scare tactic to get people to take the buyout. If they make it look like they are going to 1 shift then they will be more eager to jump on the buy out. The alternating shifts isn't suppose to last more then 2 weeks. It is no differn't the being off on the week of the 9th both shifts.
moparguy

AOL

#235 Jan 30, 2009
things have got to pick up thankfully obama signed executive orders today that are union friendly not a big obama fan but if he saves my job
Laidoff

Union, MO

#236 Jan 30, 2009
union wrote:
I think it is a scare tactic to get people to take the buyout. If they make it look like they are going to 1 shift then they will be more eager to jump on the buy out. The alternating shifts isn't suppose to last more then 2 weeks. It is no differn't the being off on the week of the 9th both shifts.
It's not a scare tactic.
DodgeVader

Cape Girardeau, MO

#237 Jan 30, 2009
Cant imagine they would pay a total of $20,000,000 in relocation money for 400 people to come to belvidere and cut a shift. Its just a really really slow time.
foundry

San Francisco, CA

#238 Jan 30, 2009
Greg Karnes UAW1268 wrote:
From what I have found out we are going to have around 20 to 27 more weeks out or more and I have been told from management personal that it may start next week we went back to work this week and we only had 9000 orders in the bank and that tells me that we are going to be off work quite a long time from my 13 years exp with the comp we did the same thing back home in Kokomo and it looks like they are going to do the same as we are going to do from what 685 told me on Monday so buckel down the sub checks and hang on it's going to be a rough year Brother's and Sister's Hay I just wanted to also say we need to stick together now more than ever each and every member that is part of the Union We need to rember that we will lose this battel with the people who hate us out there who hate Union labor if we do not stay as one body so rember be kind with each and every fellow Union member at work and on the street thanks so much and God bless to all members of this great Union
what?? are you really just in 3rd grade? trying to write a post like the big kids?
union

AOL

#239 Jan 30, 2009
Laidoff wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a scare tactic.
Help me make sense of it what is the difference of beig down the week of the 9th, or alterating shifts? It is really causing alot of problems with training and filling jobs. They said it is only for the 2 weeks. That came from a good source. So help me mke sense of it becuse it is a real inconvience for everyone there.
uaw 1984

United States

#240 Jan 30, 2009
The only sense of this is we are not selling cars!! You can only build what you have orders for. I think the ONLY reason we came back when we did was to get folks out and transfers in.
I will not be surprised if the alternating shifts will go on for a long time with more than one week involved at times.
Look at all the companies laying off. Who CAN buy a car without a job whether they NEED one or not and the folks that do have a job are scared to make a major purchase like a car in fear that they will be next. Just get ready for a long nasty ride.
union

AOL

#241 Jan 30, 2009
Why not work what we were scheduled? It would of helped with the training and it wouldn't of hindered it this put it at a dead stop.Now they can't post jobs. It wouldn't of made any difference financially. It doesn't save them a dime. They told human resources it was for 2 weeks. So it can't be for training. It can't be to save money because we are working the same amount of hours. They could of started the alteratig shifts after the 9th when we were suppose to be down, if they do want it to go on.
Kls Slps

Florissant, MO

#242 Jan 30, 2009
Is it official that there is another buyout on the table for Belvedere?
just me

AOL

#243 Feb 3, 2009
the new buyout is 75,000.00 cash and a 25000.00 car voucher!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chrysler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chyrsler Trenton Engine Local 372 The Weakest U... 4 min Darwin 13
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 55 min the assesment 16,262
Belvedere 1 hr fred 26
Tranferring plants (Oct '12) 1 hr uphigh 12
Orientation 5 hr Jaylen 29
shap shap rumors (Oct '11) 5 hr tier 2 1,343
March 17th apps for Toledo 7 hr Vicky313 190
More from around the web