Joliet, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

Judged:

3.6 engines are having an issue with cylinder heads replacing many of them for valve stem to guide clearance issue causing valves to stick causing check engine light and loss of power Parts are backordered everywhere NOT GOOD!
white head

Rosedale, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

That would be one hell of a big recall. They should of never of used one engine in all their cars.
Smoke

Royal Oak, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2012

The union should not have let the company out source and discontinue the Cuttergrinder tradesmen.Bring us back from production!
Dream on

Troy, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

Smoke wrote:
The union should not have let the company out source and discontinue the Cuttergrinder tradesmen.Bring us back from production!
Cuttergrind is on the eliminated list... Many other trades are on that list. Hold on for as long as you can.
Jeep Junk

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

2012 jeep Rubicon 3.6 v/6 check engine light came on at 9000 miles. Dealer says #4 has a bad exhaust valve seat,they also state its happening quite often.The factory is only allowing replacement of one head with the same exact part that had already failed! That's got to be the dumbest thing I have heard in a long time.So far jeep customer care has been zero help,I don't want too be back in 9000 or so miles for a repeat problem.Someone needs to find out whats causing the problem and fix it! not just change parts.
jed

Flat Rock, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2012

Judged:

chrysler still builds crap! i guess management and engineering will never learn!
The Truth

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

trouble wrote:
3.6 engines are having an issue with cylinder heads replacing many of them for valve stem to guide clearance issue causing valves to stick causing check engine light and loss of power Parts are backordered everywhere NOT GOOD!
That's the reason Mack 1 will make heads, blocks and cranks for the 3.6 engine, you guys at trenton and mexico need help, just saying, did i disclose too much information, opppss
Trenton

Allen Park, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> That's the reason Mack 1 will make heads, blocks and cranks for the 3.6 engine, you guys at trenton and mexico need help, just saying, did i disclose too much information, opppss
SORRY... all that you just posted will go into old Trenton engine plant...
white head

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2012

Kenosha is not even a Chrysler plant it a amc plant that should of been closed in the eighty's.
Sawguy

Cleveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

'11 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Have 78k on vehicle. Approx. 3k miles ago it started ticking like crazy. I knew it was somewhere in the valve train. Dealing with the service dept. at a few different dealers was maddening. They are incompetent. The last dealer replaced the lifters in the left head. Accomplished nothing. Now they have a head on order (back ordered of course). The ridiculous thing is they have several vehicles in with the same problem waiting on head(s). Why they first put lifters in mine knowing this most likely wasn't the problem is perplexing. This is a company vehicle (thank God). I would NEVER purchase any Chrysler built product for personal use. I have driven GM vehicles in excess of 200k miles w no issues.
lasko10

Toledo, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

I have a 2010 with the 3.6. It's got 117000 miles and NO issues with the motor or trans. I use synthetic oil. Which motor are you referring to?

Since: Jul 11

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

There's only one problem with what you have just said.

There's no such thing as a 2010 *anything* with the Pentastar 3.6L.

So either you have made a typo, or you are totally misinformed about what you are driving.
okk

Harvard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 8, 2012

lol
Living it

Trenton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Trenton has first wave of over flow machines being installed curently @ Tenton North
a.k.a. New Cams(done),Cranks, Blocks, Heads, then an assy. line slated for early 2013.(more in works)

Mack will get something along the lines of another overflow area for the 3.6L or variation from what the "winds" have been saying all along.
jgosplice

Holbrook, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

trouble wrote:
after 15,234 miles on my 2012 challenger 3.6, the check engine light came on and the loss of power and i was diagnosed with 75% lost compression in # 2. How far along are you with the problem? has a new head been put on,? do they replace any other parts or just swap the head out? any info you can give would be appreciated. I have a feeling my problems have just begun
thanks
WTF

Southfield, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

15,000+ miles on a 2012??? Holy crap!!!
Larry Fine

Madison Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

should have bought something with the 2.0/2.4 engine.
it's a solid motor.
The Truth

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>i had over 40yrs of making good money, i also enjoy a good pension until it goes broke. Remember, the pension fund is over $6 billion underfunded and climbing. You won't get a pension, just saying.
I will get a full pension, just saying, ps did you buy tens of thousands of Ford Stock under $1.30 a share, again, just saying
The Truth

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>i had over 40yrs of making good money, i also enjoy a good pension until it goes broke. Remember, the pension fund is over $6 billion underfunded and climbing. You won't get a pension, just saying.
WOW, 40 years, how sad, i'm gone when i get my 30, i'm gonna enjoy life before i'm too old to enjoy anything, just saying old man
The Truth

Macomb, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

RETIRED wrote:
<quoted text>i have alot of McD stock I bought over the last 35yrs, it's bringing me monthly checks more than my pension. Also have alot of gas and natual gas stocks
Yet you cry about our pension, but yours is fine, we will get nothing, you get everything, we get it, NOW LEAVE US ALONE FOR THE LOVE OF ALLAH

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of43
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Chrysler Forum right now

Search the Chrysler Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
chrysler hiring process FAQ for new applicants. (Jun '12) 49 min GNC 13,237
sycreon votes down contract (Apr '11) 1 hr Einstein 2,294
sterling hts assembly plant 3 hr Dave 7
Kokomo Chrysler Hiring News ? (Jan '12) 5 hr Finally 2,038
tpt 6 hr TPT 3
Trenton Engine 7 hr Nes786 3
Kia Supplier Sewon "Now Hiring" Sign Draws Thou... (Feb '09) 14 hr Tighty whitey 56
•••

Buy a New Car

Zipcode:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••